macOS Official Release Delayed, Experimental Client Available

Download is broken. Repeatedly says that a file has the wrong hash. Unable to find packcheck.exe to solve the problem. Quite infuriating.
specifically, the file Bundles_login_x64.bundle.txt is causing issues
"
Download is broken. Repeatedly says that a file has the wrong hash. Unable to find packcheck.exe to solve the problem. Quite infuriating.

This is an EXPERIMENTAL release, nothing should be expected and nothing should be "quite infuriating" for anyone with even half a brain cell. You are astoundingly stupid. It's like being mad that the idea of a recipe for a meal doesn't taste good because you licked the piece of paper it was written down on when the person first came up with the idea. This is one of those times when the future you will look back at this and cringe your ass off and be deeply ashamed of your immense idiocy.

Well done somehow not realising your lack of basic comprehension to a point where you actually commented this and left it for the world to laugh at.
"
Our new plan is to release this experimental client immediately for feedback from adventurous macOS users, and to officially release on Mac in around a week.

That was from the 18th of September. Since then not a single word about any official release - so I think people have the right to be a little bit confused...
I would kill for an update on this situation. Just got my new Apple Silicon Macbook with the upgraded 16GB unified memory. Everything else is buttery so I was excited to try PoE. Lo and behold, installer from this thread crashes every time even after inputting that Terminal code. Even tried to go with the Steam install and no dice.
Last edited by jameiswins on Nov 17, 2020, 7:22:24 PM
[Deleted]
Last edited by Sssaucie on Nov 20, 2020, 11:00:20 PM
"
jameiswins wrote:
I would kill for an update on this situation. Just got my new Apple Silicon Macbook with the upgraded 16GB unified memory. Everything else is buttery so I was excited to try PoE. Lo and behold, installer from this thread crashes every time even after inputting that Terminal code. Even tried to go with the Steam install and no dice.

Same everything, except mine is only 8GB unified memory. Definitely a bummer. Hopefully they'll release some explanation for the silence/lack of communication soon.

Congrats on the new MacBook! :)
Is there an update for this yet? Looking to get off PS4. Was hoping with the next league delay this would get more attention. Thanks.
"
Sssaucie wrote:
"
jameiswins wrote:

Same everything, except mine is only 8GB unified memory. Definitely a bummer. Hopefully they'll release some explanation for the silence/lack of communication soon.

Congrats on the new MacBook! :)

The chances of the MacOS client running well through rosetta 2 is fairly slim, just as a heads up and expectation setter. I have no doubt that if the binary GGG released was updated to ARM (which I doubt will happen) then the game would be buttery, but through a translation layer I give it practically no chance at all.

For the record : I'm a MBP 2019 owner and love Apple and believe the M1 is truly groundbreaking, but I have little to no faith in Rosetta 2 for this kind of application.

EDIT: GGG - It would be ideal to implement some sort of connection retry on the launcher. If a download fails for any reason the launcher stops downloading all together and requires a restart (of the launcher) to re-initiate a download.
Last edited by Pegglea on Nov 24, 2020, 9:08:05 AM
@chris
@grindinggeargames

So I take it there is no new updates and mac client is still not working/crashing as soon as it stats. its been almost 2 months and there are no new news. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info