macOS Official Release Delayed, Experimental Client Available

"
Finsterling42 wrote:
hi, very excited about finally playing PoE again (no PC in my house left)- unfortunately i get this:

"General failure" error code = 267

You need to run this command in your Terminal app: xattr -c /Applications/Path\ of\ Exile/Path\ of\ Exile.app

It’ll run properly after that. It did for me.
"
jbibillo wrote:
"
Finsterling42 wrote:
hi, very excited about finally playing PoE again (no PC in my house left)- unfortunately i get this:

You need to run this command in your Terminal app: xattr -c /Applications/Path\ of\ Exile/Path\ of\ Exile.app

It used to work for me, and I've already run that command...running again didn't do anything and I still get the general failure code.

The real question is, where is the official client? It's already been some time, they've announced it was coming. Really hope not only this error, but keybindings saving can be fixed as well as the random crashes, but I guess there's quite a lot to figure out and do.
"
droshi wrote:
"
jbibillo wrote:
"
Finsterling42 wrote:

It used to work for me, and I've already run that command...running again didn't do anything and I still get the general failure code.

The real question is, where is the official client? It's already been some time, they've announced it was coming. Really hope not only this error, but keybindings saving can be fixed as well as the random crashes, but I guess there's quite a lot to figure out and do.

Yep, there are skin weapons to be sold and loot boxes the peasants on macs can wait, let's throw them a client to burn out their macs who cares. It's already been a month without any update. That clearly shows what GGG is becoming.

When an enthusiast coder can make a d3 clone in 3 weeks imagine what people who cares about their customer base can do with a full team.

Probably the answer will be in the near future, we would wish to be sooner but we do not have and exact eta, meanwhile in an year some community manger can update the post, if he is not too busy checking the skin sales report.
RIP POE ON MAC
(2020-2020)
I BARELY KNEW YOU
Also freezes in the 1st Lords Labyrinth where there are these heated grid floors and saw blades. Tried with all settings minimum and default -- suddenly freezes, and can't finish the labyrinth.
Still crashing when interacting with map device
Mr__Khan's Lab Running Guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3120142 Mr__Khan's Mirror Shop - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3184063
Same here. The game crashes when interacting with the hideout map device.
Have there been any official info on POE for mac lately?

After installing, using the terminal string to fix the install bug, and playing the game once, I loaded the game again. This time and all subsequent times I've received the following alert message:

"Unable to open Content.ggpk. You might have another copy of the game already running."

The only solution I have found was to reinstall the game. Tried restarting the computer. No dice.

As you can imagine, this is somewhat inconvenient.

I am playing on:

MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 (19H2)

Model Name: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 428.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.38f11

Thank you for working so hard on this!
"
Rezcue wrote:
Have there been any official info on POE for mac lately?

All you can do is look at the Mac OS Problems they are still working to solve, a few were fixed with 3.12.4 patch

see https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936390

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info