[3.13] Blade Vortex of Hatred | League-start viable | Off-Screen Explosions | All Content |

I apologize if this is offtopic, but I figured there might be some people here who might be interested:

If you check the top leaderboards on poe.ninja there are plenty of people there wearing
which is obviously totally insane for any sort of cold conversion build, but it also looks daunting to craft, since I didn‘t find a guide online I figured it out myself, and I figured I might as well share.

Spoiler

Budget: This will probably run for around 15-20 ex, so its definitely not a low budget craft but not insanely punishing either,

Start: The goal is to get a Crusader Sceptre, ilvl 78+ that has open prefixes other than +1 to all Spell Skill Gems and one open suffix for a crafted mod.

Easiest way to get this is to either buy one from trade (bougth my 2 clean bases for 120c each).

Step 2: Craft „cannot roll attack modifiers“ (1ex)

Step 3: Harvest Augment Physical 2 times, the only 2 possible mods are „phys gained as lightning“ and „+1 to all physical spell skill gems“.

You will now have a Sceptre with the 3 prefixes of +1 to all Spell Skill Gems, +1 to all Physical Spell Skill Gems and Gain x% of Physical as extra Lightning Damage and full suffixes

Step 4: Craft Prefixes cannot be changed (2ex)

Step 5: Use an orb of scouring on the item, you now have an item with only the prefixes filled out

Step 6: Augment physical until you hit cold conversion, there are only 3 possible mods to hit here so its guaranteed to appear

Step 7 differs on how many slams were needed to hit the cold conversion:

Step 7 (immediate hit): Nothing needs to be done, no clean way to ensure Tier 1 conversion

Step 7 (Hit Fire and then hit cold): Harvest remove fire, no clean way to ensure Tier 1 conversion

Step 7 (Hit Lightning and then hit cold): Craft „Cannot change Prefixes“ and harvest remove Lightning, no clean way to ensure Tier 1 conversion

Step 7 (Hit all 3): You can ensure Tier 1 conversion by harvest removing cold and harvest adding physical until Tier 1 conversion is hit, then harvest remove fire and continue on the above variant of Step 7.

You will now have a sceptre with conversion, +2 to skill gems and physical gained as lightning. The next steps are just the icing on the cake

Step 8: Augment critical, then add/remove until a decent crit multi roll is hit

Step 9: Craft Double Damage from the crafting Bench

The main advantage of this sceptre is obviously for the giga expensive Self Poison Variant of this build, here is what I am working with rn, anyone else on this variant?

Spoiler

Most of this gear is self crafted so if anyone is looking for some advice on how to craft I‘m happy to answer questions.
Last edited by stnikolauswagne on Jan 29, 2021, 12:13:07 PM
"
I apologize if this is offtopic, but I figured there might be some people here who might be interested:

If you check the top leaderboards on poe.ninja there are plenty of people there wearing
which is obviously totally insane for any sort of cold conversion build, but it also looks daunting to craft, since I didn‘t find a guide online I figured it out myself, and I figured I might as well share.

Spoiler

Budget: This will probably run for around 15-20 ex, so its definitely not a low budget craft but not insanely punishing either,

Start: The goal is to get a Crusader Sceptre, ilvl 78+ that has open prefixes other than +1 to all Spell Skill Gems and one open suffix for a crafted mod.

Easiest way to get this is to either buy one from trade (bougth my 2 clean bases for 120c each).

Step 3: Harvest Augment Physical 2 times, the only 2 possible mods are „phys gained as lightning“ and „+1 to all physical spell skill gems“.

You will now have a Sceptre with the 3 prefixes of +1 to all Spell Skill Gems, +1 to all Physical Spell Skill Gems and Gain x% of Physical as extra Lightning Damage and full suffixes

Step 5: Use an orb of scouring on the item, you now have an item with only the prefixes filled out

Step 6: Augment physical until you hit cold conversion, there are only 3 possible mods to hit here so its guaranteed to appear

Step 7 (immediate hit): Nothing needs to be done, no clean way to ensure Tier 1 conversion

Step 7 (Hit Fire and then hit cold): Harvest remove fire, no clean way to ensure Tier 1 conversion

Step 7 (Hit Lightning and then hit cold): Craft „Cannot change Prefixes“ and harvest remove Lightning, no clean way to ensure Tier 1 conversion

Step 7 (Hit all 3): You can ensure Tier 1 conversion by harvest removing cold and harvest adding physical until Tier 1 conversion is hit, then harvest remove fire and continue on the above variant of Step 7.

You will now have a sceptre with conversion, +2 to skill gems and physical gained as lightning. The next steps are just the icing on the cake

The main advantage of this sceptre is obviously for the giga expensive Self Poison Variant of this build, here is what I am working with rn, anyone else on this variant?

Spoiler

Most of this gear is self crafted so if anyone is looking for some advice on how to craft I‘m happy to answer questions.

You're the guy who makes videos, right?
"
gasparoto1 wrote:
"

Spoiler

Spoiler

You're the guy who makes videos, right?

Nono, I‘m just a random player. I think who you are referring to is grimro, if I understand it correctly this version of the build is the brainchild of him and another player called crouching_tuna. He has a video on the build mechanics but is still working on the crafting video, which is how I ended up down the rabbit hole of figuring out the crafts myself.
Hi guys, I'm currently playing bb/bf assassin and I'm gonna transition to cold bv.

Is a helmet with "Socketed Skills apply Fire, Cold and Lightning Exposure on Hit-10% to all Elemental Resistances" implicit okish?
I know it reduces resistances but add exposure, just wanted if it can be bad in any other way.

Ty in advance. :)
Hi, thanks for the guide. I've followed with Pre-Cluster Jewels tree for a while, unfortunately I can't tell where should I start taking this build to the intended state, what piece should I upgrade first, should I go all in with cluster jewels or I can swap them in step by step and etc, could you please elaborate on that?
Last edited by maxrightgame on Jan 31, 2021, 7:35:48 AM
would you reroll this to try to get t1/t2 conc effect? ive probably thrown over 50 horrors and this is the first result that is usable (the other one bricked while removing suffix)

Hi, is it good use an inspired learning until i get a HH?
Hello everyone !

i'm trying to do this build.
It's super satisfying in clear maps but i rly struggle in bosskill and survivability.. maybe i miss somerthing ?

Could you review my PoB and let me know if i do something wrong ?
Thank you so much have a good day

https://pastebin.com/2AD393C1
Excellent guide, I'm playing this build at the moment and really enjoying it. My gear sucks pretty hard so still getting 1-tapped with not great DPS in high maps (rerolled from mana mines ascendant) but when the pops go off it doesn't matter ;)

One thing I'd say would really benefit the guide is a list of what to upgrade and when.
I used a different method for the helmet craft, you can guarantee the augment cold to hit hypothermia so then you have 1/3 chance to hit T1 hypothermia and you can repeat the process and it's no more expensive really (2-3 ex more max):

1. Essence craft your helm to have conc effect and more elemental dmg like mentioned in the guide
2. You will need to have 2 open suffix and 1 open prefix and a defence prefix that can be easily removed with harvest (%ES + life hybrid won't work because it's tagged defence and life)
3. (optional) if you only have 1 prefix, augment defence using harvest
4. Harvest Augment life as the last prefix, remove/add if you hit life regen until you get life prefix (you can safely reroll it later if you're not happy with the tier)
5. At this point your helm should look like this:

-- Prefix --
Life
Conc effect
Defence modifier
-- Suffix --
% more elemental damage
empty
empty

6. bench craft cold resist to block it
7. Augment cold the only thing that can hit is hypothermia support
7.1 If you didn't hit T1 hypothermia