[3.12 Heist] Help me build the best selfcast ignite discharger

Another Update to my current gear and progression
Couldn't play much lately but got all my gear pieced together today.
Just the 6 link on farruls, better helmet, watcher's eye with clarity + malevolence mod, and +1 charges corruptions on boots and gloves missing.

It took some time to get all things together, but now it's running quite smoothly. If you want to play discharge very early you have to start as Marauder, as witch you have to play fireball/flameblast ignite till you get your gear.

My gear:

Spoiler

Hey glad to see someone else with the Elementalist Discharge Golemancer idea as well. I got concerned when there wasn't a SINGLE elementalist on Poe.Ninja. I originally thought about it to try to create a discharger that was as map mod immune as possible.

Seems like if you aura stack a bit you can get pretty impressive survivability at the cost of damage. The version I'm theorycrafting is reflect immune, 82/81/81 max res, and regenerates >1600 hp/sec. HP pool and chaos resistance is a bit of an issue.

I agree with others that if you're budget minded, Chieftain is good choice. Slayer/Assassin seem to have the crazy top end covered if budget is no concern (power charge stacking, crit, badge of the brotherhood, Vaal pact).
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Redblade_Banner
This gives max endo charges everytime you Enduring Cry.
It also has 50% increased warcry cooldown recovery.

This alows you to depend on this solely for charge generation, and you will have max endo chargers every time you discharge.

Invest in max charges to get 9+
This will make your base fire damage INSANE when you ignite.

It's better I think as Chieftain, but doable as Golementalist.

Last edited by Odif on Oct 27, 2020, 6:30:08 PM
Well the new 3.13 rework basically puts the Chieftain vs Elementalist debate to rest.
Ok so how will we play Ignite Elementalist with Discharge as League Starter:

Fireball till Discharge.

Charge Generation:

Power Charge: Power Siphon and later Romiras Ring
Frenzy Charge: Blood Rage and Frenzy Attack (curse on hit etc) with Romiras Ring
Endurance Charges: Redblade Banner with enduring cry

Seems possible, but most items wont be affordable at League Start.

So maybe I will wait till Farruls and Volls.

Playing another build this league, but badger uploaded a video today using the exact same mechanics as Elementalist.

The changes in Elementalist make Stormfire and Hrimburn obsolete and give lots of more options:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8f5e4oeA0Y&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=ThisisBadger
Last edited by Lord_Amandus on Jan 30, 2021, 2:48:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info