Path of Exile: Heist Balance Manifesto

Looks like another nerf patch is coming. I am a casual player. I only played one week in the last league. The game is getting too complicated for me. I think it's time to quit the game. Thanks for making a great game.
Well, guess its another league to skip, first was farming league because I detest crafting and it added nothing besides that, now this league doesnt look much better and has a giant wall of nerfs with nothing on the other side. I guess I should thank GGG/Tencent for forcing me to spend more time looking for other games to spend money on?
its really disheartening and a real kick in the guts to see nerfs every single league. The will to play again is just being kicked out of me by the so called "balancing". games are meant to be fun and this one is becoming less so. guess ill squat around for a week and then buy some other game with my money.
"
Same ol' same ol'

So once again, the real abusers of mechanics, the super wealthy that can spend 100Ex on a build will still get those top tier items and trivialise the game while the 99% just get smacked down hard once again.

The lack of critical analysis by GGG is breath taking.

WHY do you think players gravitate toward certain mechanics? I don't know, is it because dying in an instant and having no idea how it happened is not fun for a lot of people?

Obviously the data demonstrates that frustrated players will play longer and ultimately put more coins in the slot machine, but the trade off is vocal players like myself which will advise others that PoE has become a miserable gaming experience much of the time.

this is strictly a standard league problem, don't be there if you don't like it
if you want an even playing field, why not try out heist? Challenge leagues are a great opportunity for a fresh start in a new economy. All of your old characters and items are still present in the Standard and Hardcore leagues, but you're encouraged to join the new leagues, complete challenges and demonstrate your mastery of Path of Exile!
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
"
Deth_Meth wrote:
"
CyrusBlackXXX wrote:
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Holy crap the community is full of whingers....

If you don't like the glancing blows change then don't pick up the passive?
You can still reach 50/40 block quite easily depending on your class and that's pure block.

Necro nerf was bound to happen...they are such a passive playstyle and this makes it so a lot of other options can be viable.

Smacking down A8 conq's in <1 second is fun right..

I'm all for balance and trying new things each league.

NOP ... you are reading it wrong ... I'll tell you what kill the necro .. never played necro, never cared for necro .. necro`s dmg has nothing to do with glancing blows, moving on,

NO GLANCING BLOWS(useless), NO CRAFTING(Harvest not going Core), NO SPELSLINGER(Leveling 8-10 times/league just became shit again especially if you play HC ) , NO ENDURING CRY (useless)

Glancing Blows is still super fucking powerful. Getting 35% DR 75% of the time against spell AND attack hits isn't nearly as bullshit as 50%, but still EXTREMELY powerful. It's effectively a second Fortify at this point.

You didn't need crafting to make super powerful necro builds, Harvest just made bullshit mirror-tier gear super accessible.

I'll give you this: spellslinger will be far less popular. You win this one.

Enduring Cry's main draw was that you could get the HPS of 50% increased recovery rate Eternal Flask in 1 second on a 6 second CD. It being an 8 second CD hurts a little but isn't "the death of Necro". The endurance charge nerf doesn't even affect 95% of the playerbase because you'll almost always be near something to trigger the endurance charge.

This is how you can tell someone was playing Spellslinger VD Necromancer. GGG brings everything in line so that it's not so egregious and overwhelmingly powerful. It's pretty obvious that you played Spellslinger VD Necro because you didn't even mention Divine Flesh which was equally as powerful as pre-nerf glancing blows.

well, I never played necro so killing necro I really don`t care about it ... spleslinger was my go-to for lvl-ing and enduring cry ... what I really hate really is lvl-ing ... and GGG knows we all hate lvl-ing and still they fuck things up ... because hey .. why not ... why the hell are they focusing on the lvl-ing part so much beats me .. no one cares about lvl-ing or their story they don`t have Blizzard Storry or Blizzard Videos ... let's make that clear ... so I don`t care about kitava / inocence / sin ... they are nothing to me ... I care about Einhar / Zana / Nico (the usual suspects ) the reason I`m quitting is Crafting I`m a new player and meta crafting is not an option for me also gambling is not an option for me so I`m left with crumbs ... Nah man I`m here to play and feel good nerfing everything instead of actually creating some decent clusters and skills for the other builds/ascendancies I can`t have that GGG needs to understand that there are a lot of players that don`t play different builds and fucking their builds just because ... let`s face it Ball Lightning who the hell cares about Ball Lightning? no one but there are some players in dwelve 10000+ like I said every fucking league nerfs to 1% balance ?? what balance I don`t see the other builds growing in power there is no balance it`s still the same shit just made way harder for the meta builds ... so no balance ... if tomorrow we all start to play the first skill from the witch fireball or something and 90% of the players play that .. GGG will say OP needs to be nerfed ... and focus on what they should not focus ... just because they are afraid to give the other classes some buffs they are afraid to give them some clusters ... that is the problem of POE and everyone in the community knows it but just taking it easy with them because they do regularly updates ... is not going to cut it anymore ... they are not an indie company anymore and they should start doing the right thing
Lol the same complaints on EVERY SINGLE GAME IN EXISTENCE...

"omg more balance changes?"
"omg they nerfed the build that could do everything while I sleep?"
"omg, this isn't D3 where you get a free setup of items just for having someone level you to max level?"

Smh...
Always complaints, never thanks.

Sometimes I wonder why devs put up with the current generation of gamers. If this is all I heard all the time I wouldnt want to make anything for anyone.

@GGG

Looks nice! Cant wait to pull off some heists!
"
Programysh wrote:
Every new league the same comments about nerfs - they ruined my build bla bla bla.

But remember the most popular skill gems since 2014. There were times for RF, Flicker, Molten Strike and many many others that are gone now. This a natural evolution of skills rotation. 2-3 year builds are quite unplayable now. New bosses requires new abilities - just compare Uber Atziri fight vs Sirus vs Uber Elder. At Uber Atziri reflect damage was painful, and RF builds were good at her.

Sirus fight requires another mechanics.

Map clear speed should be nerfed for sure, I saw some old streams of 2014, when i first start to play this game. At that times players respect monsters, there were no such insane clear speed like modern CA/TR or Lightning Wild strike builds. But no one cares that time to clear a strand/beach map is 30-60 seconds now, especially with HH.

That's why no surprise to this nerfs, they just pick most popular builds and think how to nerf them. Every league.

This hase some positive aspects. Just se the price of Dev. Diadem with spectres lab enchant, and price for unpopular build from top10-20. There is a silver line in picking not top build - gear is much cheaper and affordable. Picking up a top build for non prof players will always bring certain amount of disappointments - e.g. for helm enchant. So for casul players all this nerfs can be even beneficial - min/max is much more affordable.

I have to disagree they need to update all the builds ... not just nerf the decent ones ... simply give something good to the other ones ... clearly more people would play Inquisitor or Raider if there would be something good or easy to play .. but nop ... clunky mechanics are not good of an ARPG ... and the sooner GGG gets it the better ... if more than 85% of the player base play 1 button builds .. what don`t you get it as a company ??? THAT IS WHAT WE WANT !!! to play a game not to get a job
Forking preceding chaining is kind of a game-changer. I've always wanted to see how that would impact the game, it will open up some interesting new options.
This is a buff™
"
bodierox wrote:
Lol the same complaints on EVERY SINGLE GAME IN EXISTENCE...

"omg more balance changes?"
"omg they nerfed the build that could do everything while I sleep?"
"omg, this isn't D3 where you get a free setup of items just for having someone level you to max level?"

Smh...
Always complaints, never thanks.

Sometimes I wonder why devs put up with the current generation of gamers. If this is all I heard all the time I wouldnt want to make anything for anyone.

@GGG

Looks nice! Cant wait to pull off some heists!

yeah well, you got to evolve with times mate ;) we are donating hee too Just saying ...
from a new player perspective well 20 years of gaming to be exact ... I must say nerfing builds that work instead of adding something to the current builds that don`t that`s not very constructive to any game ever .. that is how you lose players ... and if you lose players you lose money ... you lose the money you lose the devs (this is why they put up with the current generation of gamers )
this game is considered gambling by many please ensure you understand where you stand before talking like you know something just because you have the betta tester badge ...
check the balance changes and explain to me please where do you see the balance? did raider get something good? did the inquisitor get something good? Do you know 0% of players build`s got something? where is that balance you are talking about? ah, they made it worse and more miserable to get some decent defenses ... yeah, the usual ... that does not balance anything ... that is sadism ...
"
CyrusBlackXXX wrote:
"
Programysh wrote:
Every new league the same comments about nerfs - they ruined my build bla bla bla.

But remember the most popular skill gems since 2014. There were times for RF, Flicker, Molten Strike and many many others that are gone now. This a natural evolution of skills rotation. 2-3 year builds are quite unplayable now. New bosses requires new abilities - just compare Uber Atziri fight vs Sirus vs Uber Elder. At Uber Atziri reflect damage was painful, and RF builds were good at her.

Sirus fight requires another mechanics.

Map clear speed should be nerfed for sure, I saw some old streams of 2014, when i first start to play this game. At that times players respect monsters, there were no such insane clear speed like modern CA/TR or Lightning Wild strike builds. But no one cares that time to clear a strand/beach map is 30-60 seconds now, especially with HH.

That's why no surprise to this nerfs, they just pick most popular builds and think how to nerf them. Every league.

This hase some positive aspects. Just se the price of Dev. Diadem with spectres lab enchant, and price for unpopular build from top10-20. There is a silver line in picking not top build - gear is much cheaper and affordable. Picking up a top build for non prof players will always bring certain amount of disappointments - e.g. for helm enchant. So for casul players all this nerfs can be even beneficial - min/max is much more affordable.

I have to disagree they need to update all the builds ... not just nerf the decent ones ... simply give something good to the other ones ... clearly more people would play Inquisitor or Raider if there would be something good or easy to play .. but nop ... clunky mechanics are not good of an ARPG ... and the sooner GGG gets it the better ... if more than 85% of the player base play 1 button builds .. what don`t you get it as a company ??? THAT IS WHAT WE WANT !!! to play a game not to get a job

go play clicker heroes then lul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info