[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
Where are we suppose to have space for the auras? i have the cries(intimidate, infernal, enduring, rallying) we need with tec slam, dash, molten shell / vaal molten, and totem / vaal totem which leaves me with 3 spots left for aura's and phase rush on my active bars i currently am only running herald of purity and ash and bloodd sand. I'm not sure how we are suppose to fit in skitter bots and phase run here. (i have default molten shell on my left click while walking)

I think we use unset ring for extra gem slots. It’s all in the POB, if you click a skill you will see where it is socketed. You can also find them in the gear section too.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
Robertthebob wrote:

Same boat here, doing a mental check before I buy/craft a staff. On one hand I've bopped exarch and eater, on the other I'm up to 382 deaths.

I need a bit more block for 50/50 and could get more armor but would still feel a bit squishy and not have ele ailment immunity.

Have gotten crazy far for my investment but need to make a decision.

Well, something tells me the play style might be the major factor. for example, the usage of phase run to gain damage buff and stealth mode, maintaining charges, and positioning slam etc.

It would definitely take some time to get the hang of it for sure :)
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Feb 8, 2022, 10:33:21 PM
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
Where are we suppose to have space for the auras? i have the cries(intimidate, infernal, enduring, rallying) we need with tec slam, dash, molten shell / vaal molten, and totem / vaal totem which leaves me with 3 spots left for aura's and phase rush on my active bars i currently am only running herald of purity and ash and bloodd sand. I'm not sure how we are suppose to fit in skitter bots and phase run here. (i have default molten shell on my left click while walking)

I think we use unset ring for extra gem slots. It’s all in the POB, if you click a skill you will see where it is socketed. You can also find them in the gear section too.

yeah i got that part sorted im more so talking about the action skill bar like QWERT / CTRL + QWERT i have abilities on every spot and dont have space for the other auras like skitterbots or the phase run skill.
"

yeah i got that part sorted im more so talking about the action skill bar like QWERT / CTRL + QWERT i have abilities on every spot and dont have space for the other auras like skitterbots or the phase run skill.

oh I see. then the Q&A is exactly answering your question. checkout the question about skill binding.

also, we don't need extra key binding for aura because we only need to cast them one time.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
plasticeyes wrote:
i looked through the guide but i didn't see any guidance on the order of the gems.

i've only got a 4L and trying to figure out which gems to use until i get my 5L.

in particular if i have

tec slam, pulverize, melee phys damage, elemental damage with attacks

should i use fist of war in place of one of them ?

the damage from FoW is awesome, but i'm worried the long cool down will be worse.

Hi, the priorities are: tectonic slam, fist of war, melee phys, elemental attack, fortify, pulverize ( if you have enough attack speed, otherwise fire penetration )

thank you !
yep. FoW works great. just gotta keep my weapon upgraded as i level.
starting to get the hang of the warcry's - not too bad.
also enduring cry is awesome sauce. lol
"

You just need 1 slot for turning on all Auras.
Leave Blood/Sand Stance as the active one on either the main bar or the ctrl bar if you want to change between blood/sand stance for boss/map clear.

example: all Auras on ctrl+T, last one to activate is Blood/Sand Stance.
If I need to change stance, just ctrl+T again.

The other Auras can be hidden as they don't need to be toggled unless you died.
Why Lust for carnage passive?
"
kaienowaty wrote:

To get the attack speed we need
I feel like POB might be calculating "Added Fire Damage Support Gem" and "Awakened Added Fire Damage Support Gem" gems incorrectly extremely low on POB for tectonic slam, or I may be misunderstanding the behavior. I'm not a pro or anything, but when I swap in my Added Fire Damage gem in the actual game, it always gives more in-game DPS compared to Melee Phys or Pulverise when supporting Tectonic Slam. Is this something to do with the huge bonus to "Added Damage" noted on Tectonic Slam? I feel like Added Fire Damage is being undervalued in POB.

IE. Using Tectonic Slam as your main skill - equip a added fire damage support gem and check in-game dps on tectonic slam then replace that gem with a pulverise or melee phys support gem with the same level. From my experience the Added fire damage always has more dps in-game. (note this is with the budget starter version setup, I can't say for the crit version)

I could be totally wrong here or some interaction I'm unaware of, POB is amazing, but I feel like I kind of trust the in-game damage on this one until someone tells me I'm an idiot, which I would accept :) Also, you don't lose attack speed, which is nice. May be worth investigating. If not, sorry!

"

Alternatively, You could save these 4 points for elsewhere by using a single rare jewel to replace all that attack speed. IE. two hand attack speed + mace atk speed + atk speed, etc variations of a single rare jewel. Overall this would save you 3 skill points for the same benefit (18%~ attack speed), if playing the budget build at least. Two locations in the budget build where you can skill 1pt to a open jewel slot. (This won't work in crit versions where crit-multi is superior)
At what point do you think it would be safe to attempt Uber Elder and other bosses with this build? I'm currently midway through transitioning to mid budget version with clusters and the damage is decent but the survivability feels slightly lackluster in T16 maps with influence (though that's also because I need more block and can't find anywhere to get more block. Spell block is not capped by a long shot). Hoping to do Uber Elder and Maven for voidstones as well as farm Sirus.

Also are the Awakened gems worth buying now? 4.5ex for Awakened ele damage with attacks is really steep.

Edit: Just tried non story mode Black Star and it was extremely difficult. Any single hit from one of its stronger attacks instakills from full health. Pretty sure this isn't an issue with spell block anymore.
Last edited by Fallman2 on Feb 10, 2022, 10:13:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info