[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

"
YummyGummys wrote:
Absolutely loved this guide, it is simply an amazing all-rounder build to play with and I wanted to share my progress/findings with you all now that I reached "near end game" of the build.

I changed things up a bit to make it my own version using Kaom's Replica and tailored it mainly for efficient grand heist gameplay (Ex. to free up some skill points from things like cremation as nothing procs on death there).

No Mirror-Tier gears were used

Notable Achievements:
- Reached 2.2k Mana Breakpoint (After a very extensive testing to balance this lol)
- Have 22,256 eHP. (4226HP, 5,209ES, 13,091 Mana)
- Almost 30M Shaper DPS (Easily surpass this with upgrades mentioned below)
- Still got most if not all of the good stuff from the original build like 50% MoM, etc.

I'm glad you liked this build and thanks for sharing your findings!

I'm impressed you managed to balance manacost with 13k mana. I knew that a 2k cost can be managed by divining Indigon and taking some reduced manacost nodes on tree, but I didn't think 2.2k was possible!

Like Grozaa said above, unfortunately the EHP calc doesnt work that way. That is one of the reasons why the 10% MoM from Cloak is so valuable. Without it your ehp is (life x 2 + ES), with it your ehp is (life x 2.5 + ES). And also why Healthy Mind in the witch jewel socket is good for dps, but pretty bad for survivability.

Explodey, Tailwind and Elusive are all good goals to chase towards. Tailwind is a bit iffy, since the action speed buff doesnt actually increase BV's hit rate, so it doesnt increase dps like it does for almost all other builds. Unnerve is another dps upgrade that you can get but is understandably harder without harvest crafting.

"
kend0 wrote:
Hey and thanks for the guide.

I found something useful for the Overlay, which allows you to use right mouse button for the timer.

Open the settings.ini file in the folder containing the heavy.ahk file. Edit the line with cooldown 1 to

cooldown1= RButton.

This will set the setting to the right mouse button.

Big thanks for working this out. I've added this info to the guide.
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
YummyGummys wrote:
Absolutely loved this guide, it is simply an amazing all-rounder build to play with and I wanted to share my progress/findings with you all now that I reached "near end game" of the build.

I changed things up a bit to make it my own version using Kaom's Replica and tailored it mainly for efficient grand heist gameplay (Ex. to free up some skill points from things like cremation as nothing procs on death there).

No Mirror-Tier gears were used

Notable Achievements:
- Reached 2.2k Mana Breakpoint (After a very extensive testing to balance this lol)
- Have 22,256 eHP. (4226HP, 5,209ES, 13,091 Mana)
- Almost 30M Shaper DPS (Easily surpass this with upgrades mentioned below)
- Still got most if not all of the good stuff from the original build like 50% MoM, etc.

I'm glad you liked this build and thanks for sharing your findings!

I'm impressed you managed to balance manacost with 13k mana. I knew that a 2k cost can be managed by divining Indigon and taking some reduced manacost nodes on tree, but I didn't think 2.2k was possible!

Like Grozaa said above, unfortunately the EHP calc doesnt work that way. That is one of the reasons why the 10% MoM from Cloak is so valuable. Without it your ehp is (life x 2 + ES), with it your ehp is (life x 2.5 + ES). And also why Healthy Mind in the witch jewel socket is good for dps, but pretty bad for survivability.

Explodey, Tailwind and Elusive are all good goals to chase towards. Tailwind is a bit iffy, since the action speed buff doesnt actually increase BV's hit rate, so it doesnt increase dps like it does for almost all other builds. Unnerve is another dps upgrade that you can get but is understandably harder without harvest crafting.

Thanks! Yes, I realized the issue with my original stated EHP, I have since changed that after Grozaa's response to my post.

The DPS I am currently sitting at is pretty much already an overkill for all heist contents (Which is mainly what I am doing this league) so I was mainly chasing Elusive/Tailwind for their utility (MS) aspect which will significantly increase the efficiency of doing contracts/grand heists due to the long map layouts.

Explodey will definitely be an unneeded (for heist) but fun addition. I will see if I can work out the numbers to include this without sacrificing too much!
Hi all,

So would like some help.

Loving the build and just want to know how i raise my mana i am at 7644 unresearved but i have all the nodes on the tree for mana. only missing mana on boots.

feel like im missing something simple.

also is the overlay allowed and not against ToS?

Thanks,
"
Hi all,

So would like some help.

Loving the build and just want to know how i raise my mana i am at 7644 unresearved but i have all the nodes on the tree for mana. only missing mana on boots.

each level gives you a nice boost on lvl 90 you should get free 100 mana

and i for myself have soul siphon allocated which gives 18% mana which you lack of
"
Hi all,

So would like some help.

also is the overlay allowed and not against ToS?

Thanks,

Using fertile catalysts on amulet/ring/belt gives plenty of extra mana, though I would only do it on endgame gear. Also as mentioned above, levels and passives matter.
When it comes to overlay- just like many other macros, it balances on the line of legality, especially since the rules are not very precise. I personally don't use it, but a lot of people do use many overlays and never come into trouble, so you should be safe. If you are not sure, you can always email GGG support about that particular tool and whether you are allowed to use it.
Quick question, i notice there's a 15% shock effect in the "medium" pob for the builds configuration, and it adds a good chunk of dps. but I can't find anywhere in any of the gear, skillpoints, or ascendancy thats giving us 15% shock affect, affect of ailments, ect.

how is this shock effect achieved? im trying to pair my current gear with the medium POB, so I'm probably mistaken in placing that 15% shock effect for my damage calculation if i can't even find the source of it.
You simply shock whenever you crit, with the effect depending on how large a fraction of the enemy's life (actually ailment threshold) was removed. You can see the math and the table here: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock. The 15% is a rough estimate I put in which needs a crit of roughly 5% of the enemy's ailment threshold.

Shaper is known to have roughly 74m life and 37m ailment threshold. The medium version crits for around 2m a hit, which is more than enough to shock shaper by 15%. If you have lower dmg and/or you want to be more conservative with your estimate, put in 10% shock effect which needs a far smaller 1.8% hit.

In general, for t16 map bosses and rares, you'll likely be shocking them for higher, closer to 20%. But a 100% delirium Kosis you might only shock for 10%. A deep delve Aul you might shock for 5% or not at all.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 12, 2020, 8:47:19 AM
Can this build be done as an ascendant? Tree wise it's identical, but wondering if the ascendancy causes it to be a lost cause.

Is there an ascendant version of it perhaps?
It can be done as Ascendant with Hiero + something else, but theres a couple issues.

1. You lose out on all the AoE and ES from Hiero ascendancy. Probably go Agnostic then.
2. It is much harder to balance manacost with Indigon on Scion. On hiero, the 50% less manacost combined with Pledge's 50% more manacost results in a sweet spot where it is easy to balance. On scion, you'd have to use something other than pledge but even then its quite hard to balance without deliberately lowering your total mana and gimping your dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info