[3.11] Doryani's Prototype + Wild Strike Berserker - Clear all content fast with millions of dps

Hello everybody, i hope you are all having a good time chillin within this chaotic mess we are in. It is actually the first time for me to post a build here in the forums, though i play poe for quite some time now.

This build i theory-crafted before the start of the league and ever since harvest league was launched, i have been actively trying to refine it, in order to bring it to the most polished form i could afford and thanks to this amazing league i was able to min-max my build through crafting.

So, a melee build around Doryani's Prototype was the initial thought. For the skill selection my 2 finalists were Smite and Wild Strike but Wild Strike seemed to be the better option since it converts all of our physical damage to lightning with just 4 points in the tree. Now the thing is that armor applies only to damage taken from hits and not to lightning damage in general. So, to mitigate as much damage as we need and make this build viable the optimal option imo is Divine Flesh. Tempered by War, is an alternative option, although inferior but way cheaper, which will help you farm the currency to get the better one. A second layer of defence was absolutely necessary and i went with Glancing Blows, which i chose to pick up with the use of a Thread of Hope, to further reduce my lightning resist. Now to cap your spell block you will have to pick up a Rumi's Concoction and do some work with the cluster jewels but that's not something too expensive.

For the actual gearing you first need to pick up a couple of swords to level up with. These should be 300+ pdps, 1.7+ aps and as much lightning damage as you can get together with some crit chance if possible. Second thing you should invest into, is a couple of good Ventor's Gamble rings. You will need them to have 40+ fire and cold res, 40+ life and -25 to -20 lightning res. I was really fortunate to buy my rings at the start of the league when prices were within my reach and got them both for only a fraction of the current price. So my advice to you is to simply buy them cheap and divine them on your own. The last piece of unique equipment you will need is an Abyssus, which you want with the wild strike enchantment of +6 chains, which will greatly help with the map clearing.

Now to the crafting part. This is were you will have to spend most of your money since good rare gear is hard to come by. For starters you can pick a pair of ilvl85 Spiked Gloves with Hunter's Influence. The necessary stats on them are "Strike skills target an additional enemy", t1 dexterity, life and t1 chaos res. Next one is the amulet. This one may take some time in order to get it to its max potential. You will have to get a Crusader's Lapis Amulet, with spell block chance and Wrath mana reserve. From there you first go for t1 life, then you go for "lightning damage leeched as life" and you finish the craft by adding the 15% extra lightning damage. Next thing u will need is a Hunter's Stygian Vise, rolled with both life and life%, fire, cold and chaos res. The last piece of rare equipment you will have to craft are the boots, which have to include Tailwind, life, fire, cold and chaos res again.

Before i show you links to the actual gear and pob link i would first like to give you some tips for leveling. You will struggle to cap your chaos resistance in the beggining which is why you should anoint your amulet with Cleansed Thoughts. Your final goal for leeching is to get your mana leech from cluster jewels and life leech from the amulet. But until you do that you will have to settle for the 0.4 node below "Vaal Pact". A good damage flask you can use early on is Lion's Roar but when you get the money you should switch it for a Bottled Faith. Until you manage to get Sublime Form in the cluster jewels you won't be able to fit your 4th aura on, so you should use a Vaal Ancestral Warchief instead to get some single target dps help.

Now to summarise i would like to thank a couple of good close friends who helped me both financially and through brainstorming. In the following days i am thinking of creating a video to demonstrate the build and its power. Below i have added links to my gear and a pob link for the ones that obey only to big numbers.

i have created a budget version which can still do impressive damage, while retaining all of its defence. You can find it in the POB Links section below

I have added a new video demonstrating the build's power against most of the end-game content. You will find it in the Videos section below.

Current Gear

Jewels

Last edited by kuestral on Aug 13, 2020, 7:36:24 PM
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2020, 1:22:28 PM
How much would you say you spent on this build? It sounds really interesting.
It is not a cheap build man. If you get the crafts right the rest are not that expensive. i bought the rings for 3 ex both, armour 10c and 6-linked it with less than 100 fuses, 10ex for both swords, 5ex for watcher's eye, 1ex for abyssus, boots i crafted from scratch with less than 5ex, gloves 12ex, belt 3ex.
Last edited by kuestral on Jul 28, 2020, 2:54:10 PM
Another question I had, the PoB shows roughly 2.4mil DPS. That doesn't change when I add/remove lightning resistance. Does PoB just not calculate it properly?
I have manually changed the enemies lightning res to -129 where my lightning res is currently sitting at. You can turn on the charges and the flasks to see the rise in dps. the guy starts with 2.2M dps unbuffed without rage and just with the inspiration charges on.
Last edited by kuestral on Jul 28, 2020, 7:05:37 PM
You should consider Forbidden Taste for your life flask. I've found that the on-demand full heal is typically better than the value from Blood of Karui when you have 50+ chaos res.

If you're looking for another Thread of Hope to squeeze in, the jewel socket under the Duelist is perfect (medium ring). Hits Disciple of the Slaughter/Unyielding and those 3 life nodes you painstakingly path to. This would open up 4 passive points if you get those 5 nodes I mentioned, allowing you to grab Barbarism and those two 5% life nodes next to Bloodless or 4 nodes on the life wheel. Fitting this into your build might be tricky since you don't really have any convenient jewel sockets available.

Looks like a solid build for mapping but I think it would suffer up against something like Sirus, Uber Elder, or Guardians. Everything else probably will be stun-locked and unable to even hurt you.

Last edited by Deth_Meth on Jul 29, 2020, 7:13:07 AM
"

You should consider Forbidden Taste for your life flask. I've found that the on-demand full heal is typically better than the value from Blood of Karui when you have 50+ chaos res.

You may be right on this one i am going to test it with fobiden taste and tell you.

"
If you're looking for another Thread of Hope to squeeze in

No i am not looking to squeeze any other jewels in. They are 8 atm and they are enough i think. I don't need more -res. I haven't painstaikingly pathed to these nodes. I have used that jewel because i didn't want my divine flesh to mess with the other nodes, so it was the best choice.

"
Looks like a solid build for mapping but I think it would suffer up against something like Sirus, Uber Elder, or Guardians.
Did u see the vid? Don't worry i'll show you more about siruses and elders next week
Last edited by kuestral on Jul 29, 2020, 7:33:33 AM
"
"
Looks like a solid build for mapping but I think it would suffer up against something like Sirus, Uber Elder, or Guardians.
Did u see the vid? Don't worry i'll show you more about siruses and elders next week

Thanks for pointing it out. As it's no surprise, you melted him, even while temp chained. However, my point still stands that the build is extremely squishy. Your incursions and the single attack from him showed the build's biggest weakness, but it's sort of given since you're running an Abyssus and only have 13k armour without flasks.

After watching you map, though, I really feel like you should just run leap slam instead of consecrated path. It's not like you're hurting for attack speed so you wouldn't even need a faster attacks. I'd have to see an actual map without temp chains to confirm.
"
Thanks for pointing it out. As it's no surprise, you melted him, even while temp chained. However, my point still stands that the build is extremely squishy. Your incursions and the single attack from him showed the build's biggest weakness, but it's sort of given since you're running an Abyssus and only have 13k armour without flasks.

This was a 155% unid map, i was temp chained as you said and i didn't play this good at all but still i have managed to finish it without dying. The fact that you say that the vid shows that build is squishy is exactly the opposite i believe of what u really see. I went inside the incursion and dived in the lightning damage which is my -129 and still lived XD. Then i was sitting exactly where the lightning pylon is in minotaur, it hit me like 4 times consecutively and i still made it to kill him(didn't even use my rumi's XD) and live.

And about the armour. Someone would ask me y the fuck do u need endurance charges+enduring cry and u get +1 on the boots when u know that this would give you +24 resists and ruin your dmg also. So Immortal call has a base duration of 1 sec which we increase with every charge we spend by 20% and the 20% from quality is a 100% + 74% from increased duration and we go to a little less than 3. 3 seconds is the cd of immortal call, which also gives us 15% less phys taken (which is better for bleeds also) per charge + 27% from the lvl5 skill. So in other words we can can a 2.74 sec Immortal Call with 87% less phys taken like all the time ;). Oh and also we have a nice basalt flask there for that. And just like that Immortall call gives you a juicy buff while giving you back your damage in whole ;)
"
After watching you map, though, I really feel like you should just run leap slam instead of consecrated path. It's not like you're hurting for attack speed so you wouldn't even need a faster attacks. I'd have to see an actual map without temp chains to confirm.

I was running leap slam for a looong time on this build and other builds also. Leap slam wasn't as responsive as i wanted it to be. In the past i have created some viper strike builds where i was also using 2 movement skills to make the build more efficient. You see when you can just tp to the projectile hordes and insta kill them makes the build more enjoyable and fast. Conc path is not a skill i would play on its own but it has a very nice aoe, teleports right to the enemy and creates a consecrated ground there where you have 100% increased crit chance against enemies. Because of its aoe it is perfect to use with CoH and even better with assasin's mark since they synergise in terms of crit.

What i was also trying to figure out though, maybe you can help me with this. If i use an awakened curse on hit i can apply an additional curse and i would very much like to add punishment there. The thing is i would also lose fortify. So what's your opinion on this? You think there's a way to get fortify elsewhere?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info