[3.11] Doryani's Prototype + Wild Strike Berserker - Clear all content fast with millions of dps

"
kuestral wrote:
"
After watching you map, though, I really feel like you should just run leap slam instead of consecrated path. It's not like you're hurting for attack speed so you wouldn't even need a faster attacks. I'd have to see an actual map without temp chains to confirm.

I was running leap slam for a looong time on this build and other builds also. Leap slam wasn't as responsive as i wanted it to be. In the past i have created some viper strike builds where i was also using 2 movement skills to make the build more efficient. You see when you can just tp to the projectile hordes and insta kill them makes the build more enjoyable and fast. Conc path is not a skill i would play on its own but it has a very nice aoe, teleports right to the enemy and creates a consecrated ground there where you have 100% increased crit chance against enemies. Because of its aoe it is perfect to use with CoH and even better with assasin's mark since they synergise in terms of crit.

What i was also trying to figure out though, maybe you can help me with this. If i use an awakened curse on hit i can apply an additional curse and i would very much like to add punishment there. The thing is i would also lose fortify. So what's your opinion on this? You think there's a way to get fortify elsewhere?

Yeah, i can understand the monotony of it all and wanting to use something else. 2 mobility skills wasn't something I ever thought of but might actually strike a good combination if you have the gem sockets, so I'll take your word that it's a solid choice.

As for Fortify, you can actually get the "Overlord" notable from Mace/Sceptre large clusters but you can also get it from a Megalomaniac. Finding one with Fuel the Fight, Overlord, and Martial Prowess might be a bit tricky, but if you're fine with potentially using Smite the Weak/Heavy Hitter, you could just grab a 2 notable (overlord + fuel the fight) 8 passive Mace/Sceptre large cluster and aug an attack to guarantee hit Martial Prowess/Smite the Weak/Heavy Hitter.

I see that you lose 2% accuracy from swapping martial prowess and you lose a little bit of block from mage bane, so it's sort of in the air if you want to take that path to get an extra curse. Punishment would also only really be a DPS increase against bosses instead of clearspeed since you have to cons path into a pack and it's very likely you'll kill them before they even hit you. However, I haven't used Punishment in a very long time so I couldn't attest to it.

Alternatively, you could always run a second curse like temp chains or enfeeble to make mapping a bit safer and bossing less deadly. Is it worth the money? Probably not unless you're aiming for high levels. That's mostly the reason why I talked about fiddling with your tree and making your build not as squishy :^)
Last edited by Deth_Meth on Jul 29, 2020, 5:53:17 PM
Thanks for the nice constructive brainstorming session we are having here :). I really enjoy both being a teacher and a student in this life, because i would be dumb not to accept free knowledge :P. First of all i am already trying the transition to the new life pot and i am running it in the second short clip i uploaded. I would try the cluster fortify but i would have to change weapons and it's not worth it. Atm i am going to leave it like that because as you said map clearing is not a problem for the build. Bosses can be a problem if you don't know the tactics. But if u find bosses without phases u just delete them from existence. Even the vaal temple ones.
But i still don't understand why you believe the build to be squishy :(. Max block with glancing blows + divine flesh + 4 endurance charges with 6% phys reduction each + 3 sec immortal call every 3 secs + fortify aint enough? You know i could have added a lion's roar there, remove all the 15 points i invested in block, click on every single checkbox and switch to normal opponents and present you a fake 30m dps build with absolutely no defence. I tell you there's a reason i haven't pushed my lightning res more. Because the one shots were way too many until i figured out the whole thing. Though i have to say for players like me the game just insists on forcing you to ranged builds. If you don't "shatter" good fucking luck... You have every kind of thing exploding in your face and you can't be slow there.

But let's get to the next question. With glancing blows and rumi's i don't need the 3 points in block which are above the iron reflexes. The thing is i have to have rumi's forever for that to be viable. So i have 2 options and i want your opinion. I can remove these 3 points, augment the belt with gain a flask charge on crit and have flasks always filled + get 3 points back, or, i can augment the belt with 30% chance to defend with double armor and leave the 3 points untouched. What do you think?
Last edited by kuestral on Jul 30, 2020, 1:03:10 PM
Been looking at the skill tree for like 30 minutes now, how do we convert all phys to lightning with 4 points on skill tree? Am i blind?
"
omgirok wrote:
Been looking at the skill tree for like 30 minutes now, how do we convert all phys to lightning with 4 points on skill tree? Am i blind?
the chest says "you deal no non-lightning damage"
"
omgirok wrote:

The conversion comes from the combat focus jewels. We spend 4 points to get the 2 jewels, which block the use of fire and ice version. So we force the use of th lightning version of the skill which also gives us full conversion to lightniing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info