3.12 Spellslinger Fireball/Blazing Salvo Assassin/Scion. League Start Friendly balls of double fire

I'm happy you'll be working on that.

For now I have settled with gmp + fork switched to LMP and Slow proj on bosses.
Still pretty bad but more than doubles the single dps since at least the projectile exploses on boss withouth Fork (correct me if I understood that wrong).

LL will surelly help but I'm planning to use your build as a starting point before transitioning in more expensive builds (that's your main point too I guess). So going LL is probaby too late game for me, since I would invest in other stuff rather than a shav. But maybe it's worth it and I should just saty on this build a full week at league start...
If you havent checked yesterdays stream, it is much better now :)

I also took some extra care and tried avoiding harvest-buffed gear since its going away.

At Level 90, going hybrid gave me 7K EHP, dropping fork for snakepit also added some damage.

Using Wave of Conviction now instead of firestorm. GMP-Fireball is doing around 300k per cast and wave is 700k.

Did a few a8 shaper guardians and they were okay. Still needs some dodging and stuff but dmg is reasonable now.

Still a few stuff to test, fire conversion is huge for wave dmg (18% more dmg per 25% conversion). Avatar of fire looks like a solution too as its a single click.

I am adding yesterday's PoB to main guide for now. Will edit/organize it on following days after more testing :)
Bench Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2515748

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/trivial_matters/
Hey !

No sadly I could not follow. I'm writing from my summer vacation place right now :D

That's great to hear. Snakepite was quite expensive on the first few days of the league so that will be an option but for league start it migh be a bit brutal for most players.

While doing my last test I was hitting on a T15 boss with 650 K damage per cast on fireball (without chain or fork) and it was still feeling lackluster. I guess firestrom was 100K per tick.
So I believe with 300+700 K in your new setup you still need one last upgrade to feel good. I hope your Avatar of fire will bring it.

Question: fireball does 2 instances of damage: the ball hit, and the explosion. Fork prevent the explosion on the first hit, since the ball fork but does not exploses. The explosion does as much damage as the initial hit. With Snakepite, the ball will fork on boss, hence halving the boss damage, right?
=> ring swap on boss?
Or am I wrong somewhere?
Last edited by Rootsmann on Aug 18, 2020, 3:56:49 AM
Very intrigued with this, doing a test run as well as I really like your late game wander build
Last edited by P_larker on Aug 19, 2020, 11:24:46 AM
@rootsman well fireball cannot double hit unless dmg comes from 2 different aoe explosions.. also as far as i understand, to create the fork effect, the game deletes the projectile and creates 2 new ones which means explosions happen for each proj. (this is not the case with pierce or chain).

for single target problems, firestorm was the problem. i swapped to wave of conviction atm and difference is very significant (i did sirus 8 yesterday on stream and while not insta phase stuff, dmg was fair with 800k wave. Didnt remove GMP or any other gems so even more dmg swaps are possible).

Also wave works really well with awakened added fire, so dropping GMP for LMP and swapping PCOC (or inspiration) to awakened fire yields a huge potential.

Dropped the ring and went for a.fork atm, got life gain on block along with life gain on hit and feels pretty endgame capable. Maybe will do a fractured t16 delirious today and update the guide tomorrows :)

@P_laker cheers mate, i would always welcome a second pair of hands :D

I was indeed wrong about the fact that the explosion can damage the monster hit by the fireball. Ty!

Though FYI, fork does prevent the explosion, like chain and pierce. It doesn't matter for boss dps anyway since as you explained the explosion won't hit the boss.

I'm still on vacations, but I'm eagger to try out the WoC setup when I get back. I did respect my "test" assassin to an elehit wander to try another early/mid-game route but your spellslinger version is just better imo. Boss dps are similar but your clear is much better. So I'll respect again to test WoC.

Pretty sure Firestorm will be best for the acts and maybe white maps. But I agree that it needed to go for the mid-game.
Hello any updates on how to transfer to Int stacking wander?

I was thinking about switching first to cluster stacking wander and then slowly progress to int wander

Any toughts?
"
kescho wrote:
Hello any updates on how to transfer to Int stacking wander?

I was thinking about switching first to cluster stacking wander and then slowly progress to int wander

Any toughts?

what i usually do is push until 89 and lose 2 jewels + arcane swiftness.

The best wand,amulet,body i can get. Thread of Hope, auxium and shaper's touch. fill the rest for stats,res etc.

"
Rootsmann wrote:
I was indeed wrong about the fact that the explosion can damage the monster hit by the fireball. Ty!

Though FYI, fork does prevent the explosion, like chain and pierce. It doesn't matter for boss dps anyway since as you explained the explosion won't hit the boss.

I'm still on vacations, but I'm eagger to try out the WoC setup when I get back. I did respect my "test" assassin to an elehit wander to try another early/mid-game route but your spellslinger version is just better imo. Boss dps are similar but your clear is much better. So I'll respect again to test WoC.

Pretty sure Firestorm will be best for the acts and maybe white maps. But I agree that it needed to go for the mid-game.

Fingers crossed for the new fire skill, it will be huge if its a projectile too.. sadly we wont see the numbers for 13 more days

Btw i did the pure life version for endgame: Ended up Using 4L Fireball and 6L Wave of Conviction. With decent gear 4L fireball did the job well enough, and 6L wave was doing 2M per hit

I will try to record some Uber Elder/Sirus etc if i can find the time (Lost my net for 3 days due to infrastructure problems, running on a schedule atm :D)

Last edited by Trivialmatters on Sep 2, 2020, 3:13:09 AM
Yes the Blazing Slavo might be a good dps skill and the firewall in trigger wand/spellslinger could be a good addition.
I'm also pretty interested in the new curse support for early game. Self casting curse leading to corpse explosion should be a good early boost.

My only concern with your testings is that you are using pretty good gears. In the context of a league starter made to transition into an int stacker, having your "fire" wand, amulette, helmet and chest looks off to me. I would invest in those items only if I wanted to push this "fire" character. Though I'm interested in your opinion on that topic. I read that you transition around lvl 90, buy the best "int" wand/amy/chest, 2 uniques and go from there. But this is an initial investment that ask a decent amount of currency, farmed with the "fire" build. Do you expect the "fire" build to have something remotely close to your current "fire" wand/amy/chest when you switch to "int" gears? Maybe you are that much better than me.

I understand that you also want to make a fully fledged build so it makes sense that you test an endgame setup, but I really wanted to point out my concern from a transition build perspective.

I have seen your 6L WoC setup and tried it when I got back from vacation, with shity gears (except for the Circle of Anguish with catalyst). It's very similar to the 6L fireball (I didn't used convertion gloves though, which is significant) in the end. The clear is not as good but the boss damage is slightly better.
Sadly you can't see my shitty "fire" gears a I switched to try the effect of the damage per int wand mod "on its own". As expected, it doesn't do much with shit "int" gears. It can do an A8 alched T14 with pain, deaths and minutes on the boss XD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info