[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
alt0172 wrote:
less recovery map was a pain...
are there any tricks to make this mapmod less annoying?

In my experience, don’t try to zoom. Use your quicksilver flask cautiously and throw brand up in front of you instead of trying to run by packs and use brand recall.
"
alt0172 wrote:

keep a light of lunaris and a third shimmeron in your weapon swap
"
kinbord wrote:
Hello again,
I was one of the "I die too much" people and I'll try to upload a video if my computer manage to record without too much lag.
However I did some improvements on many levels and I die way less than before and here's what I learned if that can help some fellow players:
1-Standing still is deadly. Too much things can kill us if we stand still so running around is always better than standing still;
2-Linked to 1, lags are deadly because they make us stand still. I lowered my resolution in game, I did the sound trick to disable sound effects. It helped a lot, especially the sound trick. I now lag only on insanely huge packs of mobs like Valdo's Harbinger;
3-Momentum is key, as said previously by other people. You need to get the thing going to be able to zoom zoom, you can't start zoom zooming on the first packs of a map. Same goes for bosses, if you die during a boss, you will need to play smart and slow when entering the arena again because you're entering without leech, without overleech, without ES and most likely without brands. Play slow, put the brands, run around, channel incinerate to get offering, and you'll get back to being safe and strong, but if you just rush into it, you'll must likely get destroyed;
4-As for brands, 1-1 is the way to go on bosses, don't to like me and do 2-2 and then wonder why the VD brand isn't working, even in cases where you have only 2 bosses I still prefer 1-1 to 2-2 to avoid being in a case where I don't do damages and I loose momentum;
5-You want to ramp up that HP/ES pool. Get as much as you feel you need. As primaeva said, the build can go up to 10K EHP and even with a more offensive option, pushing 7-8K is quite easy so don't slack at 5-6K;
6-The more damage, the more leech, the more sustain, the quickest the fights. I bought awakened spell cascade yesterday and it helped both my cleaning speed, my boss DPS and my capacity to stay alive. Best 12ex spent ever.

Hoping it will be able to help some people, I'll try to film some of my gameplay to put here to see if some videos can help see what I'm still doing wrong and dying to here and there.

As a conclusion I'd like to really insist on the lag point: Reducing my lag made me enjoy the build more and reduced by a huge amount my death counter. It's a shame PoE is in a state where some builds need you to actually use all the tricks you can to be played but I guess PoE2 will change that. In the meantime I advise the ones that are lagging too much to disable sounds effects.

These are all very excellent points! I wish there was a way to sticky certain posts mate! I will refer the relevant people to your post - yo u nailed a lot of the aspects! Hope you enjoy it and may it receive buffs in 3.14!
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
alt0172 wrote:

Usually we use this thing called a Chaos Orb, but having a Cinderswallow Urn to have on-kill recvovery also helps you pull it off.

Also if you don't have auras bound to any of your Shimmeron, swapping out of them stops the degen.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
I'm starting to think me and this build share no karma...

My second crafting attempt for the helmet ended up with this monstrosity here:

Definitely can't roll over it but not usable for this build either :(
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
Was able to craft a chest with explode and frenzy on hit into a usable state and man it really set this build off for mapping.
"
kinbord wrote:
Hello again,
I was one of the "I die too much" people and I'll try to upload a video if my computer manage to record without too much lag.
However I did some improvements on many levels and I die way less than before and here's what I learned if that can help some fellow players:
1-Standing still is deadly. Too much things can kill us if we stand still so running around is always better than standing still;
2-Linked to 1, lags are deadly because they make us stand still. I lowered my resolution in game, I did the sound trick to disable sound effects. It helped a lot, especially the sound trick. I now lag only on insanely huge packs of mobs like Valdo's Harbinger;
3-Momentum is key, as said previously by other people. You need to get the thing going to be able to zoom zoom, you can't start zoom zooming on the first packs of a map. Same goes for bosses, if you die during a boss, you will need to play smart and slow when entering the arena again because you're entering without leech, without overleech, without ES and most likely without brands. Play slow, put the brands, run around, channel incinerate to get offering, and you'll get back to being safe and strong, but if you just rush into it, you'll must likely get destroyed;
4-As for brands, 1-1 is the way to go on bosses, don't to like me and do 2-2 and then wonder why the VD brand isn't working, even in cases where you have only 2 bosses I still prefer 1-1 to 2-2 to avoid being in a case where I don't do damages and I loose momentum;
5-You want to ramp up that HP/ES pool. Get as much as you feel you need. As primaeva said, the build can go up to 10K EHP and even with a more offensive option, pushing 7-8K is quite easy so don't slack at 5-6K;
6-The more damage, the more leech, the more sustain, the quickest the fights. I bought awakened spell cascade yesterday and it helped both my cleaning speed, my boss DPS and my capacity to stay alive. Best 12ex spent ever.

Hoping it will be able to help some people, I'll try to film some of my gameplay to put here to see if some videos can help see what I'm still doing wrong and dying to here and there.

As a conclusion I'd like to really insist on the lag point: Reducing my lag made me enjoy the build more and reduced by a huge amount my death counter. It's a shame PoE is in a state where some builds need you to actually use all the tricks you can to be played but I guess PoE2 will change that. In the meantime I advise the ones that are lagging too much to disable sounds effects.

Agree 100%,

Never stay still, brand 1/1 against bosses, the more damage the more sustain and the less time of fight the less chances to get killed.
That has been my experience as well. Now I die basically coz of HUGE lags, perma-freezed, and stuff like that. Will try to do that sound thing and see if the lag performs better.

Thanks guys!
Has anyone attempted any delve or delve bosses with this build?
I really like this build and how it plays, but I get constantly one shot by mobs in T11+ maps. I still need to fix my chest to have life since I have a bit low EHP (4,3k + 3,0k), but sustain with two Shimmerons is good. DPS also feels decent for now. Any tips or obvious fails in my build?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I will reroll (again, lol).
Last edited by kriegshetzer on Feb 16, 2021, 7:02:10 AM
I am crafting for this on the side and getting closer...also leveled a char from which I might switch.

Current progress:

Had to remove the Immolate mod as the helmet just wouldn't roll Hypothermia.
I didn't dare roll over the Arc enchant, but I am not sure if it's even that good on this helmet, anyone got an idea if I should keep it? More or less same question: How important is the Arcanist Brand enchant? I did some Harvest Labs yesterday and i might try a few more but chances are slim ofc.

Also regarding the chest: How important is the ES regen mod? I got T1, but I have to remove the ES prefix....should I lock suffixes to save the ES regen mod?

Thanks!
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info