[Semi-Updated to Ritual]Poison Blade Vortex Assassin In Depth Guide

Last edited by hilavitkutin123456 on Jul 28, 2020, 9:58:53 AM
"
martbd wrote:
Thank you for the guide. Enjoying the build.

Noob questions. Why does BV gem level matter for this build? [edit] I get this now

Also I can't seem to get Elusive off of my crits. Is that normal? The buff only appears when I'm using Withering step.

Would also appreciate it if you could take a look on my gem set up. Currently have multiple empty sockets.

PS. I know my items needs work. Need to work on life rolls and empty mods.

Two things I would strongly recommend is wither totem set up and blood rage, those should fill sockets.

Also I would get ToH and check if you have 100% poison chance without poison support, so you can swap it to void maipulation.

You should be getting elusive, 50% is a huge chance with high hitting skill. Withering step has 2 different buffs so perhaps you're looking at the other buff?
"
rafaelxd182 wrote:
I am currently at the endgame of it! Enjoying the build so much, it was one of the best guides i ve followed since the beginning of playing poe! thanks for it. Also can u take a look at my current gear/tree and give me your opnion on what is the next step to invest and go after and further into the final build! Thanks!

Thank you! Im glad the guide is helpful!

I took a fast peek and hereäs some notes

The next investement is your 2nd cluster. I would focus on this atm.

Some minor and other things:

Upgrade the last non-awakened gems

T1 poison mod on boots. Its the best mod for our dmg so i strongly recommend getting that to 10%.

Bottled faith, this is the last big item upgrade that you can feel in the dmg.

BV enchant, prolly the best feeling thing in the world. I would drop ailment duration mod for the enchant if you decide to go for it.

Tree: grap resourrcefulness, its a nice 5%life + regen, if you are not in a moood to level just take the short path to doom cast for a level.
"
Shadowfuri wrote:
I'm currently gearing up for this build and I'd like to thank you for the crafting guides. Makes crafting a breeze even for noobs like me :D

Im glad you like it^^
Hi there,

really well written guide.

Currently this is my setup.

https://pastebin.com/sz1djj2D

What recommendations would you have.

Cheers!
"
Two things I would strongly recommend is wither totem set up and blood rage, those should fill sockets.

Also I would get ToH and check if you have 100% poison chance without poison support, so you can swap it to void maipulation.

You should be getting elusive, 50% is a huge chance with high hitting skill. Withering step has 2 different buffs so perhaps you're looking at the other buff?

tyvm! in game tool tip said my BV only had 60% chance to poison and that disappears without the gem. checked PoB and I had 100% even without the gem. void manipulation made a huge difference. wouldn't have caught that without you ty!
"
likepeas wrote:
Hi there,

really well written guide.

Currently this is my setup.

https://pastebin.com/sz1djj2D

What recommendations would you have.

Cheers!

thx!

Your setup is interesting, the first thing I noticed that you are investing more into poison duration. It would be interesting to see how that compares my setup.

more cicling while skipping wasting, no we with ailment mod etc.

Basically you have about the same amount of dmg as I do with my dps amulet, but I suspect that my ramp up is faster and will end up with better dps.

Few things that I would take every time is ToH, swift venoms being the large node and the good life nodes are amazing. Also you are lacking corrupting blood immunity, ToH is very good source for it.

Also i think that entrophy is not a worth node, yes it has skill effect duration but that should be covered with clusters and later enchant.

skipping wind dancer aint bad if you wish to go that path.

items:

skipping explode on chest is fine, but I'd say it hurts clear a lot. 3% vs 6% explode is big.

skills: plague bearer is very bad for you, you meets its dmg cap fast and in boss fights you do more dmg without it.

Do use withering step on left click, its amazing. I've opened the reasoning in mechanics "elusive" section.

Also if you find that during major bosses you run out of life flasks use enduring cry.

Your boots are very nice, but I assume you've made them for different build. The elusive mod is useless as we get elusive from wither step and 50% vs 10% from the ascendency node.

The hunter mod "poisons you inflickt deal dmg faster" is by far your biggest dmg upgrade you can gave. Also freeze immunity is really good.

I also assume the ring was for a different char, as it is a 4 stat ring for you (life, res, aspect and curse. we cannot deal ele dmg.). I would recommend crafting a new one with life, life gain on spell hit, and either 2 res and curse or triple res and getting 3rd curse from glove corruption.

Its generally better to have aspect on belt where we catalyst for life and res on the ring so the res catalyst hits 3 res rolls. minor minmax.

For me the we ailment mod is way ahead of presicion crit multi, 15% more dmg is a good deal. ideally you'd have both.

Getting a bv enchant is most likely the biggest "feel good" upgrade you can get.

All in all the build is very good, I do approve. I imagine its as good bosser, but might have longer ramp but better end dmg (however everyboss is dead when you or I have ramped).

I suspect that my clear is way stronger, but you did focus more on single target.

The one thing I think your setup does much worse is 100% delirium maps, due to less defences, clear is worse and needs more ramp up time to burst mobs which is dangerous as not being moving is a death sentence in those maps. Lastly, and most importantly not being freeze, bleed and curse immune will hurt you in deli maps.

If im wrong just say so, some things I judged solely on my general knowledge with the game.

TL:DR; very good. Upgrade boots for poison mod + anti freeze, get ToH with corrupting blood, stop using plague and use wither step in left click.
So i decided to try crafting the poison/tailwind boots. What's the best way to get t1 movement and poison at start?

I am thinking of alt spam to get at least one of the rolls and than aug. Is there better way?

How much currency are we talking about here (1000 alt, 3000...) without buying base and harvest crafts? Just to see if my 8 ex are enough.
Last edited by memberx on Jul 29, 2020, 1:34:09 AM

I decided to follow along with this guide until I got to the medium cluster jewels, WOW that is expensive? Is there any budget alternative?

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=141&m=chaos&lv=68&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=3&bp=y&as=0&req={%22511%22:{%22l%22:68,%22g%22:1},%22514%22:{%22l%22:50,%22g%22:2}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}

Chaos spamming those seems very tough.

my POB is: https://pastebin.com/S75pp8wd
Go Wicked Pall/Wasting Affliction + another useful node.
Then slowly transition to full Wicked Pall + Wasting. This combination is indeed quite hard to obtain. I gave up on crafting and bought the medium jewels.
Last edited by Freredacier on Jul 29, 2020, 9:08:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info