Retired build. Say hi to 3.15 boys

Which ascedancy should we rush first Necro or PathFinder?
Last edited by KexasToMouni on Aug 3, 2020, 4:09:56 PM
"
TBlue13059x wrote:
Thanks for the build. I would like to ask which unique items you would replace with rare one for better performance since this is crafting league ?

Interestingly this build functions ideally with uniques.

The only slots you'd want rares in are your two rings and the belt. Notice my belt is pretty much the epitome of "using harvest crafting."

I could definitely do better with my rings but I really dislike harvest as a mechanic and didn't want to keep working at them. (I also sold off my seeds instead of growing them)

"
KexasToMouni wrote:
Which ascedancy should we rush first Necro or PathFinder?

I did necro first for max block + dodge.

Pathfinder flasks are only very useful once you start building your char to handle bossing.

Necro is all around good with the block cap + dodge cap.

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzudxtilpQP_CzgbmkYmW4w

Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/uberj4ger
Decided to fiddle around with this build cause it looked fun so I decided to respec my scion into this.
My gems aren't levelled/qualitied and stuff, but when I plugged my setup into pob and set the gems to 20/20 + set atziri's promise to active, it says I'd only be getting around 160k average DPS.
There has to be something I'm missing, would you mind taking a look at my setup and tell me what should be changed?

Character: ReimusDeliciousPits
"
Decided to fiddle around with this build cause it looked fun so I decided to respec my scion into this.
My gems aren't levelled/qualitied and stuff, but when I plugged my setup into pob and set the gems to 20/20 + set atziri's promise to active, it says I'd only be getting around 160k average DPS.
There has to be something I'm missing, would you mind taking a look at my setup and tell me what should be changed?

POB doesn't calculate damage well for Indigon Archmage (either that or I don't know which boxes to tick).

Have you set your mana cost of cremation to close to max mana pool?

(assuming you're actually scaling it properly ingame)

Edit:

I just looked at your profile.

Ok hold up. Two things you need to know before you start building this char.

1. If you're going Volatile dead you'll have to run it on a 5-L. You can't 6-L that spell because almost always your 6-L mana cost after initial cast is going to go higher than your mana pool (unless you add in Item rarity which doesn't have a mana cost multiplier on it). I'd suggest dropping controlled destruction for spell echo and dropping elemental focus entirely.

2. If you're going Volatile dead without the helm enchant of +1 Volatile dead corpses consuimed you have to run spell echo as one of the supported gems (to get 4x casts of 3 balls).

3. Always make sure that after 1 cast of VD that your mana cost of VD is not higher than your max mana pool. Ideally it should be just below.

4. Items seem fine. Get an Enduring mana flask of warding for your last (currently empty) mana slot. It's a core part of the build.

A sire of shards is waaaaaay cheaper than pledge of hands. And If you can afford a 6-l Sire of shards go cremation as it does way more bossing dps and can clear more content.

For Cremation gem links just refer to my char. Links/gems should be the same for you.
Youtube:

Twitch:
Last edited by Sareth on Aug 6, 2020, 12:34:42 AM
"
Sareth wrote:
"

POB doesn't calculate damage well for Indigon Archmage (either that or I don't know which boxes to tick).

Edit:

1. If you're going Volatile dead you'll have to run it on a 5-L. You can't 6-L that spell because almost always your 6-L mana cost after initial cast is going to go higher than your mana pool (unless you add in Item rarity which doesn't have a mana cost multiplier on it). I'd suggest dropping controlled destruction for spell echo and dropping elemental focus entirely.

2. If you're going Volatile dead without the helm enchant of +1 Volatile dead corpses consuimed you have to run spell echo as one of the supported gems (to get 4x casts of 3 balls).

3. Always make sure that after 1 cast of VD that your mana cost of VD is not higher than your max mana pool. Ideally it should be just below.

4. Items seem fine. Get an Enduring mana flask of warding for your last (currently empty) mana slot. It's a core part of the build.

A sire of shards is waaaaaay cheaper than pledge of hands. And If you can afford a 6-l Sire of shards go cremation as it does way more bossing dps and can clear more content.

For Cremation gem links just refer to my char. Links/gems should be the same for you.

Ah I see, wasn't exactly sure how this build worked but looked fun anyway.
Thanks for taking time out of your day to help!
"
"
Sareth wrote:
"

Edit:

Ah I see, wasn't exactly sure how this build worked but looked fun anyway.
Thanks for taking time out of your day to help!

Haha its a pretty strong build but its very hard to setup for.

It's probably one of the few builds out there with a dynamic breakpoint that needs to be managed every time there's a change to your total mana pool.
Youtube:

Twitch:
Can you run diff skills over cremation for this build? Saw a similiar build on poe.ninja where people are using pledge of hands instead of spire of shards and using arc.
"
Laere wrote:
Can you run diff skills over cremation for this build? Saw a similiar build on poe.ninja where people are using pledge of hands instead of spire of shards and using arc.

Arc + Indigon is very very clunky and offers less dps than cremation does because it's not a duration based skill.

But it's entirely possible to run that setup if you like the skill, I don't think its a contender for DPS.
Youtube:

Twitch:
So if I have Immortal Call on Blood Magic, after 2 casts of say Volatile Dead or Cremation then the cost of immortal call is 1900+ (and yes it is on blood magic, still the cost goes up from mana usage), only having 2900 life with 1900 of it spent moving + an empty mana pool from 2 casts of an offense means at least momentarily I'm standing around with like 1k life and no mana. or.. my life was already down a bit, and it just flat out kills me.

Character name is Harvested Corpses if you want to take a look. I've been toying with different clear skills and chests to see if I can find something that is less painful to move and attack with.

RF doesn't seem to do much damage, even immortal call on every time I click to move cast doesn't always keep up, and I think makes the self-damage spikes more dangerous.
"
So if I have Immortal Call on Blood Magic, after 2 casts of say Volatile Dead or Cremation then the cost of immortal call is 1900+ (and yes it is on blood magic, still the cost goes up from mana usage), only having 2900 life with 1900 of it spent moving + an empty mana pool from 2 casts of an offense means at least momentarily I'm standing around with like 1k life and no mana. or.. my life was already down a bit, and it just flat out kills me.

Character name is Harvested Corpses if you want to take a look. I've been toying with different clear skills and chests to see if I can find something that is less painful to move and attack with.

RF doesn't seem to do much damage, even immortal call on every time I click to move cast doesn't always keep up, and I think makes the self-damage spikes more dangerous.

yep and that's the reason why you have to limit your cast to 1 cremation or VD per 4 seconds.

Don't overramp. If you're casting more than once per 4 seconds the cost of cremation or VD goes above your maximum mana (they do no damage when that happens) and your blood magic costs of IC, desecrate and dash will kill you.

Most of my deaths come about because I kill myself, not because mobs kill me.

To solve that, just stick to 1 cast per 4 seconds and just be very conscientious about it.
Youtube:

Twitch:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info