Retired build. Say hi to 3.15 boys

I've been playing around with the build, it's pretty fun. Thanks OP.

I was wondering what gems you are using with Sire of Shards - Cremation. Same as VD but you add Unleash support on top ?

I noticed in your pob that you left clarity on level 2, is that intended ?

Edit : Nvm you just answered that while I was typing this post
Spoiler
And I see that you've mentioned multiple times on this post thread that you burst by wave of 12 VD every 4 seconds. For some reasons I am able to cast it twice in a row before having to wait 4 seconds. Is there a reason you don't double cast it ?

Last edited by Kreezhem on Jul 13, 2020, 8:13:49 PM
"
Kreezhem wrote:
I've been playing around with the build, it's pretty fun. Thanks OP.

I was wondering what gems you are using with Sire of Shards - Cremation. Same as VD but you add Unleash support on top ?

I noticed in your pob that you left clarity on level 2, is that intended ?

Edit : Nvm you just answered that while I was typing this post
Spoiler
And I see that you've mentioned multiple times on this post thread that you burst by wave of 12 VD every 4 seconds. For some reasons I am able to cast it twice in a row before having to wait 4 seconds. Is there a reason you don't double cast it ?

I use my clarity to "manage" my max mana pool.

this basically allows me to ensure my skill's cost after first cast never exceeds my max mana.

So i.e. I swap out a piece of gear, this piece of gear has different mana values. oh no, my skill's mana cost after first cast is now greater than my max mana pool and I do no damage. I slap on a different level clarity (which reserves a different amount of mana) and the game recalculates it and the cost of my skill after initial cast is now lesser than my max mana and I do maximum dps again.

Unleash seems to work much better with cremation because Unleash has much better cast time and the downside of having to wait to refresh 3 charges doesn't matter so much for you as it matches your indigon cycle. You could probably do unleash for VD but it's really clunky when you're using pledge of hands.

my current build (see character) is a very very scaled up version of the budget setup. I now dropped VD and pledge for a 2nd sire and I run Ball lightning with unleash on it.

The best part of this build is it's flexibility.

You can run stormbrand/VD/Ball lightning/Blade vortex/Firestorm/Cremation etc. with similar success with this setup.

The core mechanics of the build are what keeps this build effective, the choice of skills you decide on this build is entirely based on your playstyle.

Do note you'll always have to play within the build's constraints. (1 cast within 4 seconds)
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzudxtilpQP_CzgbmkYmW4w

Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/uberj4ger
Last edited by Sareth on Jul 13, 2020, 8:28:56 PM
Thanks for your answer

I have a few exalts to spend. I currently have every pieces of gear that you listed in the guide. What would you recommend for a first upgrade ? A secondary weapon 6L Sire to get a cremation for boss damage?

For the clarity explanation, if I understand properly you try to have the biggest manapool possible but you use clarity to reserve some mana in order to get your VD mana cost < to your max mana pool after one cast.

Last edited by Kreezhem on Jul 13, 2020, 8:42:39 PM
"
Kreezhem wrote:
Thanks for your answer

I have a few exalts to spend. I currently have every pieces of gear that you listed in the guide. What would you recommend for a first upgrade ? A secondary weapon 6L Sire to get a cremation for boss damage?

For the clarity explanation, if I understand properly you try to have the biggest manapool possible but you use clarity to reserve some mana in order to get your VD mana cost < to your max mana pool after one cast.

yep, the problem is that indigon + archmage has some weird interactions. It doesn't calculate cost and scaled cost gradually but does it stepwise in intervals. (from what I see).

Clarity helps to manage that process better.

If you've got a few exalts to spend a 6-L sire is a pretty sizeable increase in DPS and should be the first thing you push for.

Youtube:

Twitch:
Does that mean I should also aim to get a sire 6L for my VD. So aim for a double Sire ?
"
Kreezhem wrote:
Does that mean I should also aim to get a sire 6L for my VD. So aim for a double Sire ?

VD doesnt synergize very well with sire.

If you want to run two sires have one with cremation and the other with ball lightning. (refer to my current setup but use normal gems instead of awakened ones)

VD + cremation you run pledge for VD and sire for cremation.
Youtube:

Twitch:
"
[3.11] Unkillable 2 Ex Budget Archmage Caster - League Starter, 7.2 M DPS, A8 Sirius Deathless DONE

Sirus...his name is Sirus

♪ ♫ . M u s i c I s T h e A n s w e r . ♫

by the way how do we trigger elemental overload now?
I would like to thank you for posting this build. I really like builds composed mainly by uniques since it's relatively cheap, doesn't need metacraft and offers players similars results without having to worry about every little piece of equipment.
"
Sareth wrote:
"
Kreezhem wrote:
Thanks for your answer

yep, the problem is that indigon + archmage has some weird interactions. It doesn't calculate cost and scaled cost gradually but does it stepwise in intervals. (from what I see).

Clarity helps to manage that process better.

If you've got a few exalts to spend a 6-L sire is a pretty sizeable increase in DPS and should be the first thing you push for.

So sire:cremation/sire:ball lightning is better than pledge:VD/sire:cremation? Is ball lightning used for mob clearing?

Also is it possible to update the skill tree on PoB? i think there's a lot of difference with the current build

Thanks a lot!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info