PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

[3.14] LACERMAN BUILD (Fast ClearSpeed + EZ to Play + All Content + Block)

thank you for the prompt and detailed reply
Love this build so far, thank you!
One question, I dont exactly understand which Cluster Jewels are needed.
So I need 2x Large Cluster Jewel, 1x with Bloodscent and Feed the Fury and 1x witch Bloodscent and Martial Powers? and which Medium or Small?

Right now clearing t9 - t10 maps with low equip, super fast and easy.

Hello,
Thanks for this build, i started your sunderman build at the begin of the league and was quite afraid when you said it was gutted. Fortunately, the lacerate version is even better and smoother :)

I'm wondering about flasks, you don't have any anti curse one, how do you deal with it? And what's the point of Karui's blood? wouldn't an atziri's promise be better? Or a second life flask with curse immune?

Also, since we're not using our move speed because we're moving with leap slam, ms on boot is kinda less usefull isn't?

Otherwise, very good clearing build, howver i'm sometime randomly dying of one shot, not quite sure if i'm playing badly or i'm lacking something?
Last edited by Scorpiaa on Jun 24, 2020, 4:58:52 AM
Thoughts on https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sin%27s_Rebirth instead of the Blood flask?

Seems like it would be great with Iron Reflexes and then we can omit Unholy Might from our Abyss Jewel.
Hi there,
awesome build, I love how everything else is using brutality while you are the only one using concentrated effect.
I switched from brutality +crit to your build but I have some issues dealing with map boss/conqueror/sirus.

could you take a look at my poe and let me know if I did something wrong or is there anything to improve?

thanks in advance!

my id is Ryyyyan

"
Demonerax wrote:
Hi dude ! Your build look really cool, but it is possible to changes somes nodes to play with a Shield instant of Dual Weilding :)

Hi. Sadly that will kind of ruin the purpose of the build(Soul taker, mana reserve filled, etc.). In that case I'd go for max block and do champion, which would make a completely different build. You can also play with Soul Taker in main hand and a shield, but that will reduce dps a lot, so I think the answer is no.

"
Mu7enR0shi wrote:
Love this build so far, thank you!
One question, I dont exactly understand which Cluster Jewels are needed.
So I need 2x Large Cluster Jewel, 1x with Bloodscent and Feed the Fury and 1x witch Bloodscent and Martial Powers? and which Medium or Small?

Right now clearing t9 - t10 maps with low equip, super fast and easy.

Hi. Thanks for your nice words! You only need 1 large cluster jewel, having these mods:

You can take out Martial Prowess if crafting or buying on budget. I did this for Required Gear to make it cheaper, that's why there are 2 different clusters on both gears. One on the Meta Gear is the better version, having Martial Prowess. Just get one and apply it as the tree in Pob links. Btw, I think it will take some time for clusters to appear on trade as the more you juice out the map the more chances of delirium to appear so more people needs to get to that point. Or you can buy the base and craft.

"
Scorpiaa wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for this build, i started your sunderman build at the begin of the league and was quite afraid when you said it was gutted. Fortunately, the lacerate version is even better and smoother :)

I'm wondering about flasks, you don't have any anti curse one, how do you deal with it? And what's the point of Karui's blood? wouldn't an atziri's promise be better? Or a second life flask with curse immune?

Also, since we're not using our move speed because we're moving with leap slam, ms on boot is kinda less usefull isn't?

Otherwise, very good clearing build, howver i'm sometime randomly dying of one shot, not quite sure if i'm playing badly or i'm lacking something?

I actually had Lacerate as a backup plan when GGG announced it's range will be cut on fast attacks/multistrike. I was really fortunate that Lacerate fit to the build perfectly, without needing a single change. Now I feel I was using the wrong skill, it should've been Lacerate from the beginning:)

I didn't put a curse flask, instead I put Blood of The Karui. Karui and Atziri are different flasks, but I think you meant why put a 2nd life flask there instead of a damage/utility flask? If so, I think 2 life flasks work better than 1 life flask in our case. Some players prefer 1 life flask. Build can be played with 1 life flask np, it's just 2 life flasks is more forgiving and makes us stay alive longer on tough bosses that take long to kill. Also having 2 flasks is better for players that are new to the game or don't have too much experience.
Why not put a 2nd life flask with curse immunity? It's because Blood of the Karui recovers huge amount of life and gives full recovery after 2.5 seconds. And the 2 works well together. Let's say on a heavy boss, when I need instant low amount life recovery I use first flask, when I get a heavy damage and life goes too low I use Blood of the Karui. This way I can stand much longer on tough bosses without dying. Thinking that this build is not the fastest boss killer, this combination helps a lot. In this setup there's no place left for a curse flask because of 2 having freeze and bleed mods.

MS on boots is not a bad investment as we don't leap all the time. We run a lot too, and ms helps a lot on tricky mechanical bosses where dodging things or avoiding tons of things flying around is needed. For oneshot, everything seems fine on your setup. Maybe increase your life a little bit more?

"
Mistweaver wrote:
Thoughts on https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sin%27s_Rebirth instead of the Blood flask?

Seems like it would be great with Iron Reflexes and then we can omit Unholy Might from our Abyss Jewel.

I explained reasons of using Blood of the Karui as 2nd life flask up above. But sure, you can use 1 life flask. Many players use 1 life flask to make place for another utility flask. Though in that case I'd pick Atziri's Promise. Sin's Rebirth increases evasion by %100, before evasion turns to armor by Iron Reflexes. But most of our gear has armor instead of evasion(gloves, helmet, also Belly has high armor). Without Iron Reflexes, we have 1114 evasion and 13315 armor on Required Gear.

"
Ryyyyan wrote:
Hi there,
awesome build, I love how everything else is using brutality while you are the only one using concentrated effect.
I switched from brutality +crit to your build but I have some issues dealing with map boss/conqueror/sirus.

could you take a look at my poe and let me know if I did something wrong or is there anything to improve?

thanks in advance!

my id is Ryyyyan

Hi. Thanks for your nice words! I just checked your character. It's going pretty good but your DPS is half of the Required Gear DPS, so your struggle is pretty normal at this point. For the upgrades: I'd start with getting a higher phys. DPS weapon. Then Steel Rings, gloves with attack speed, then change Brood Cut jewel with something better. After all these and you level gems to 20-20 and get Gladiator's Perseverance, and when we add the helm enchant your DPS comes pretty close to Required Gear DPS without the cluster jewel. From that point build will start getting better at bosses like sirus/conquerors/shaper/etc because Required Gear stats is where the build becomes able to do most content. And it will keep on getting better and better as you progress thru Meta Gear stats, where build can do all content no problem. That's where the build shines when doing bosses like high awakening Sirus.

Btw your Vulnerability gem doesn't activate because of it's level being too high. It needs to be level 9 in your case, also Immortal Call at level 8. But I recommend levels of CWDT+Immortal+Vulnerability as 3-5-7 for more frequent activation.
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ 𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐬://𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭.𝐧𝐞𝐭 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟖𝟑𝟔𝟔𝟓
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟐𝟔𝟑𝟗𝟎𝟔
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: 𝐩𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟒𝟕𝟓𝟕𝟑
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Jun 24, 2020, 11:36:54 AM
First of all, thanks for the very thorough build guide.

Created my Duelist about two hours ago just for this build.

I'm currently at Act 3 and everything is super smooth, except for the mana management. The leech node we pick from the start doesn't seem to have a very significant impact, which I guess is normal. The rest is all good, damage is great, survivabilty is great, anything but the mana. Boss fights are a bit of a struggle due to that. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Please share any tips that you might have.
Playing this build and it's very solid. Clears quick and is pretty tanky, the only thing it really lacks is Chaos Resistance but just play smart and keep situational flasks if you need one.

However I don't know what I can do to increase my damage, save for multi ex 420dps axe and multi ex cluster jewels.

I removed the cluster jewel from your build, and you still have nearly double my DPS in your build despite exactly the same build and similar items, save for the steel rings.

Here is my PoB - https://pastebin.com/ssDy3x5C

What can I do to get more damage here? A 400ish dps axe will give me about 120k more dps, with 20/20 Gems I gain about 55k dps, but even with that it's still 500k less dps than the shown build.

The things I see that are big differences are the Bloodrage Helmet enchance, the Spiked Gloves, and the weapon.
~ Seph
"
PegasusRideR wrote:

"
Scorpiaa wrote:
Hello,

I actually had Lacerate as a backup plan when GGG announced it's range will be cut on fast attacks/multistrike. I was really fortunate that Lacerate fit to the build perfectly, without needing a single change. Now I feel I was using the wrong skill, it should've been Lacerate from the beginning:)

I didn't put a curse flask, instead I put Blood of The Karui. Karui and Atziri are different flasks, but I think you meant why put a 2nd life flask there instead of a damage/utility flask? If so, I think 2 life flasks work better than 1 life flask in our case. Some players prefer 1 life flask. Build can be played with 1 life flask np, it's just 2 life flasks is more forgiving and makes us stay alive longer on tough bosses that take long to kill. Also having 2 flasks is better for players that are new to the game or don't have too much experience.
Why not put a 2nd life flask with curse immunity? It's because Blood of the Karui recovers huge amount of life and gives full recovery after 2.5 seconds. And the 2 works well together. Let's say on a heavy boss, when I need instant low amount life recovery I use first flask, when I get a heavy damage and life goes too low I use Blood of the Karui. This way I can stand much longer on tough bosses without dying. Thinking that this build is not the fastest boss killer, this combination helps a lot. In this setup there's no place left for a curse flask because of 2 having freeze and bleed mods.

MS on boots is not a bad investment as we don't leap all the time. We run a lot too, and ms helps a lot on tricky mechanical bosses where dodging things or avoiding tons of things flying around is needed. For oneshot, everything seems fine on your setup. Maybe increase your life a little bit more?

Thanks for the quick and complet answer, Karui's blood is basically a more defensive setup, i might try that on boss ^^
On more question about survability, is it better to get the soul of steel node or 4 life nodes? Life node a very straight forward boost to our life pool but i can't really compare that to the 3150 armor and 1% max res.
Also, 5% life vs 4% life +6% armor?
Also, are you skipping cursed maps? Or you just reroll all of them?
Last edited by Scorpiaa on Jun 25, 2020, 5:08:07 AM
"
First of all, thanks for the very thorough build guide.

Created my Duelist about two hours ago just for this build.

I'm currently at Act 3 and everything is super smooth, except for the mana management. The leech node we pick from the start doesn't seem to have a very significant impact, which I guess is normal. The rest is all good, damage is great, survivabilty is great, anything but the mana. Boss fights are a bit of a struggle due to that. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Please share any tips that you might have.

Mana management can be a little problematic around Act 3, but gets better at Act 4 and becomes much more comfortable at Act 5. At Act 6 mana is not a problem, that's why we can get Pride there, reserving %70 of our mana and still play comfortably. I guess you're way past Act 3 now but mana regeneration such as Paua Amulet can help a little bit more there.

"
sephrinx wrote:
Playing this build and it's very solid. Clears quick and is pretty tanky, the only thing it really lacks is Chaos Resistance but just play smart and keep situational flasks if you need one.

However I don't know what I can do to increase my damage, save for multi ex 420dps axe and multi ex cluster jewels.

I removed the cluster jewel from your build, and you still have nearly double my DPS in your build despite exactly the same build and similar items, save for the steel rings.

Here is my PoB - https://pastebin.com/ssDy3x5C

What can I do to get more damage here? A 400ish dps axe will give me about 120k more dps, with 20/20 Gems I gain about 55k dps, but even with that it's still 500k less dps than the shown build.

The things I see that are big differences are the Bloodrage Helmet enchance, the Spiked Gloves, and the weapon.

I actually double checked my both gear Pob dpses yesterday after importing characters of some people posted here. There was huge dps difference amongst all, I realized this is because of many small details coming together. Let's upgrade your gear. Without the cluster jewel, Required Gear DPS is 1.89m. Your gear's DPS is 1.06m atm. Upgrades I did are: Increase weapon phys. DPS to 421(1.20m), change gloves with Required Gear's gloves(1.29m), change both rings to steel and increase left ring's phys. damage to 9-15 also add %16 increased damage crafted mod on one(1.42m), change helm enchant(1.47m), add the lab enchant to boots(1.54m), level to 91 and get another jewel(1.59m), switch to a Rustic Sash that has %16 increased damage crafted on it(1.64m), change amulet with required gear amulet(1.68m), make gems 20-20(1.97m). Here's the pob pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/9i56DXEs

It can take some time to do all that. But it's only 6th day of the league and you're halfway already in terms of DPS. That's also the reason of 420dps axes being sold for 4-5ex. Give it a couple days, those will lower a lot in price. 3-4ex is a 500dps axe price in a settled league economy. I'm also expecting the same for cluster jewels, taking longer to settle though. I'm only unsure about the availability of 2-jewel ones since rate of getting that is reduced and we don't know the number. Might need to change Required Gear cluster. Btw you can craft one as well. Just need a base having "Axe attacks deal %12 increased damage with hits and ailments" with 8 passive. I just got mine for 1c.

"
Scorpiaa wrote:
Thanks for the quick and complet answer, Karui's blood is basically a more defensive setup, i might try that on boss ^^
On more question about survability, is it better to get the soul of steel node or 4 life nodes? Life node a very straight forward boost to our life pool but i can't really compare that to the 3150 armor and 1% max res.
Also, 5% life vs 4% life +6% armor?

When we take out Soul of Steel, phys. damage reduction goes down from %74 to %68 and that's with Lion's Roar. Without Lion's Roar it goes down from %58 to %51. That's a really good increase, there's also +1 to all max res but on the other hand it's 4 nodes in total, so it's more of a choice I think. I will think about this change as well.
LATE EDIT: I think keeping Soul of Steel is better.
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ 𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐬://𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭.𝐧𝐞𝐭 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟖𝟑𝟔𝟔𝟓
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟐𝟔𝟑𝟗𝟎𝟔
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: 𝐩𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟒𝟕𝟓𝟕𝟑
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Aug 27, 2020, 8:56:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info