3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! TRIGGER HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
Electrocuted wrote:
I caught that wiff of ice crash on the opening page and thought I could maybe just replace bladestorm. Turns out that since I'm only ever dealing physical damage, that's dramatically bad to do. NOW. I was still murdering everything that I blocked (or didn't block) but was confused till I figured it out that ice crash was doing 0. Ha. I presume it'd take a whole lot of movement on the tree to get to a point where it'd work properly.

Wrecker- thanks for the amazing guide. Can I make one suggestion? I don't think the video guide for this, doing death and taxes, really captures the feel of wading into a map and seeing everything around you break itself upon you. Is the best.

Again though, thanks for all the time you put into these.
Ha ha! Electrocuted! That's awesome. I love Ice Crash but you'd have to replace your auras and Brutality.

I really appreciate your kind words and your honest feedback. I included a time-stamp that people can click on that takes people straight to the boss battle. I was curious if that would be helpful to people at all cause that boss battle shows so many good mechanics of the build in action. But it doesn't seem to have helped has it ;). I have since made two example videos for this build, and have forgotten that I made them and deleted them by accident. I'll get there. I'll likely do it prior to 3.12. Maybe even tonight since the private league I was in has just ended.

Thanks for your honesty, kindness, and the laugh :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Krël wrote:
Hi, thank you for the build. As usual, easy to follow
Just a little question :
Why dont you take iron reflex? It's really close by, make us get hit more often (so we can parry and proc vengeance) and open all the evasion and hybrid gear for an even easyer gearing
Since evasion is applied before block...

Also, i'm a big fan of tempest shield but i find the ability to dash on a group of ranged mob to proc all our retaliation directly on them is a bit more useful so i think i'll go dash/second wind/warcry on the last 3 socket
Hey Krël! That's a good question that I don't touch on in the guide. I don't take Iron Reflexes because I don't use Evasion gear for this build. I personally only use Armour based gear. Even for the link that has two green sockets. My guide specific filter only doesn't drop any evasion gear for this build either (though it did last league). BUT I don't say that anywhere in the guide by chance. So good question and good eye!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
DeadDrunk wrote:
Why do we not use The Surrender for lvl30 Reckoning and also no movement skill?
You are welcome to use any shield you like DeadDrunk! Many people like to use that shield with this build. I don't like movement skills because they make me nauseous. So if that's not the case for you then you're welcome to add one. Unset rings can make that easy for ya. The build has lots of flexibility so feel free to make it your own in any fashion you like.

Annnnnd

Apologies if this has been covered ITT before already, but why not Outmatch and Outlast instead of Arena Challenger? The 20% more attack/move speed is definitely strong but is it really more valuable than always having max frenzy/endurance charges as well as 10% more phys damage and 10% less phys damage taken?

Thanks for the build, was looking for a change of pace and this fits the bill for sure. I like the concept of retaliation based builds like this.
I tried to kill Sirus but is it impossible with this build ?
Hey, was told about your builds and thought they sounded like the perfect thing. I've managed to take this build all the way up to T16 without too much trouble and it has been very fun, though I am seeing a big lack of damage that has made Drox and Sirus in particular completely impossible to do solo. I know that there are some ways I can improve damage, but probably am only going to get the chance to work at one or two items more before the end of the league and would like your opinion on what will likely be easiest. It seems like I would need to double or more my damage output vs enemies that don't hit me a bunch, which leaves few options as far as I can tell.

In addition to what I'm wearing, I am currently working on a hunter-influenced belt that I only need an augment physical to get overwhelm on, so that should help. I've been using every physical reroll I get to try and make a better axe, but so far have not gotten better than tier 3. For the rings, I haven't gotten any to drop so I might end up just buying one and rolling it myself if necessary.
Hey Wrecker. Just wanted to drop a line with an update. I just did t15 Zana mission and got the option from her to run a rare, corrupted, shaper influenced, unidentified t16 map called pit of the chimera or something like that.

Anyhow, I never would have had the confidence or ability to do this without you build and guidance. So, I thank you once again. I one shotted everything in the map. It was a cool feeling.

I'm really loving Harvest. It's a SSF dream come true imho. If they bring it into standard, I will likely play SSF in standard. So much fun to craft gg items.

Edit: Took a break for dinner. Came back and did another Zana t15 mission. Thus time I was given a t16 death and taxes. As soon as I posted in, I recognized it from your video. So cool. I rewatched and cleared him.

ANOTHER EDIT: any tips for Sirus? I've never gotten this far into endgame and as such have never faced him or any other bosses like this. I heard he dies chaos damage. Due to constant min/max attempts in harvest, my chaos resist is only 73% atm. Do I need to wait until I reroll it higher than 75% ?

One more EDIT: help with vaal temple? It's my last map I need to complete for atlas bonus completion (other than uniques). The damage output of the trio is enormous. I googled and watched videos ... but as usual, the videos are of ranged who can easily avoid the damage. Show me some melee video !!!
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Jul 16, 2020, 4:59:21 PM
"
Grim0ire wrote:
Apologies if this has been covered ITT before already, but why not Outmatch and Outlast instead of Arena Challenger? The 20% more attack/move speed is definitely strong but is it really more valuable than always having max frenzy/endurance charges as well as 10% more phys damage and 10% less phys damage taken?

Thanks for the build, was looking for a change of pace and this fits the bill for sure. I like the concept of retaliation based builds like this.
Hey Grim0ire! I don't think someone has asked that yet this league. But it's cool if it has. Outmatch and Outlast only half applies to us. We don't do any offhand damage so we'd only get the perks of the Frenzy Charges. We may occasionally be at full End. Ch. because of Aggressive Bastion but it would be by chance (and circumstantial). The reason I don't like "on-kill" perks is because 3 out of 4 conquerors don't have extra enemies, it's only the boss...Sirus too. So I like to avoid those if I can with the current state of Path. Also, even if we were at full Frenzy charges, PoB says that Arena Challenger still gives more DPS than Outmatch and Outlast. I don't rely on PoB, but it's something to consider.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build! I'm glad it also fits your pace and playstyle. "Thorn" builds are tons of fun...unless your fighting DOT enemies ;).

I really appreciate your kindness and great question as well!

Thanks!

Annnnnd

"
Bylolo26 wrote:
I tried to kill Sirus but is it impossible with this build ?
Hey Bylolo26! Definately not impossible :). I've done it with the gear I currently have equipped (well, I think I've upgraded one or two things so the gear might have been a little worse). If I was looking at the correct character in your profile, it looks like you've changed the build up quite a lot. That's awesome! But if there are certain things that aren't working out, try reverting back to some of the default suggestions for gear, gems, and tree and see if that improves anything.

As I'll explain in the next post, this build isn't the hardest hitting when we aren't blocking often. So the Sirus fight won't go quickly but it doesn't take forever either.

Annnnnd

"
Laserrobotics wrote:
Hey, was told about your builds and thought they sounded like the perfect thing. I've managed to take this build all the way up to T16 without too much trouble and it has been very fun, though I am seeing a big lack of damage that has made Drox and Sirus in particular completely impossible to do solo. I know that there are some ways I can improve damage, but probably am only going to get the chance to work at one or two items more before the end of the league and would like your opinion on what will likely be easiest. It seems like I would need to double or more my damage output vs enemies that don't hit me a bunch, which leaves few options as far as I can tell.

In addition to what I'm wearing, I am currently working on a hunter-influenced belt that I only need an augment physical to get overwhelm on, so that should help. I've been using every physical reroll I get to try and make a better axe, but so far have not gotten better than tier 3. For the rings, I haven't gotten any to drop so I might end up just buying one and rolling it myself if necessary.
Hey Laserrobotics! Thanks for the kind words and the honest reply! I'm glad you're enjoying the build. Sirus A8 and Drox A8 (the final stage) are a little slow with this build. Drox's defence really ramps up in his last stage and Sirus gets no "adds" in his fight at all. So lame. The fights are doable for sure but they do take time compared to the other battles we face getting there. I checked out your gear and am really impressed! You have some awesome stuff! I'm surprised that it's not going well in those battles. I'm not sure what the issue would be as your gear is better than mine for sure. The issue isn't you at all. You seem to have done everything to the "T".

So in regards to your gear, as mentioned, it's awesome! The upgrades you mentioned are what I would suggest as well. The Steel Rings and the Hunter belt are good options for sure. You've already added Vulnerability, you've 20/20'd almost all of your gems, you're 6 linked, you have Spiked gloves...So all the upgrades you mentioned will obviously help but they don't make HUGE impacts on the build. They will obviously help, but they won't obliterate a battle you feel is currently impossible. As I said, your intended upgrades are great ideas. There are also some nice offensive influenced shields that give some nice offence (like Shocking on block).

I'm sorry that I don't really have an answer for you. Everything seems to be great and better than my gear. I can't really see an issue. I know there are certain battles (like Sirus) that take longer because we don't block often but non-of them are near the impossible stage for me.

I'll try to figure out what's happening for you.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info