3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! TRIGGER HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
Kermos wrote:
I give it a try ;-)
Awesome Kermos! Let us know how it goes! Feedback from HC players go a long way.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Deckweiss wrote:
Spoiler
This is my version of the build.
Changes to the original:

- Dropped Vaal Pact as it killed me during Labyrinth trials, the Labyrinth itself and on maps with ground effects while looting A LOT.
- Dropped Resolute Technique and equipped Lycosidae Tower Shield (But you can also get the "Hits can't be evaded" craft for a weapon.)
- Dropped the whole right hand side of the tree for more point efficient dps nodes
- Included Impale and Bleed
- Utilizing automatic curses (you don't need the "Can apply an additional curse" corrupt as CwDT and Tempest shield will usually curse different enemies and the Punishment curse is only used to give yourself its buff)
- Utilizing Hungry Loop for more gem slots, leveling the support gems to 20 takes about as much as getting your character to lvl 85 so personally I love using that setup (Level the wanted support gems in swapped out weapon to lvl 19 with full exp, put them in Hungry Loop, then level up to 20. Or buy them at lvl19 for under 10c each)
- Reserving more mana, as leech will make it able for us to attack continuously anyway
- Commandment of Light enchant on gauntlets counts as another counter attack

I used my current cheap gear as a calculation point, even though it is not yet completely set up for the skill gems I have (Hungry Loop not ready yet, no 6link body armour)
But all the gear I use in the build was pretty cheap - most pieces were only 1 alc, some a couple of chaos. I bought it right after finishing the storyline and I had very crummy drops this league, so most people should be able to afford something like this for sure. Especially a good one handed Rare sword is going to increase DPS dramatically. I didn't properly set up flasks yet either.

PoB:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/vjxwXMpz

It includes the original tree as well as my version for easy comparison.
I feel like the calcs are not completely correct in PoB (Because we don't utilize part of the Punishment curse and Bleed dps seems off for the low chance we have) but the combined DPS should realistically be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 130K dps.

I find the build generally fun to play but I feel like adding some way of permanent phasing would benefit the build a lot, as I often find myself stuck on mobs (during dash cd) and unable to get into the center where pack clear is best.

Cheers
That's quite a lot of changes Deckweiss! Nice! I'm sure it'll work out great for you. You committed to a lot of different items and damage types. Let us know how it goes for sure.

Thanks for the post! I love seeing how people change things up. I always compare their ideas to the current version of the build.

Oh right! I like a quartz flask for phasing. It's a temporary phasing so it doesn't impact how often we get hit.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jul 3, 2020, 11:27:03 AM
"
Petegemma wrote:
Hey Wrecker,

I was just curious why we don't take the glancing blows node?

Thanks!
Hey Petegemma! Good question. The short answer is because the node doesn't interest me. The exciting part about blocking for me is taking 0 damage from a monster hit.

BUT if I was to make a max block character that used Glancing Blows, I'd have a completely different tree. I'd likely focus more on life regen and leech together and put way more nodes into life. I'm not sure if I'd be able to get more damage out of the build or not because I'd also want to make sure I have more damage mitigation than just Fortify because we'd be taking damage ALL the time instead of just sometimes. I've thought about it lots, but only casually cause blocking and takin 0 damage to just too fun :).

Annnnnd

Heyo, great build! First one I felt comfortable modding a bit. Didn't get Vaal Pact for awhile, but loving it once my damage is up. Went with the bleed suggestion someone else posted on here, but axe instead of sword and it's great. Much thanks.
"
Deckweiss wrote:
This is my version of the build.
Changes to the original:

- Dropped Vaal Pact as it killed me during Labyrinth trials, the Labyrinth itself and on maps with ground effects while looting A LOT.
- Dropped Resolute Technique and equipped Lycosidae Tower Shield (But you can also get the "Hits can't be evaded" craft for a weapon.)
- Dropped the whole right hand side of the tree for more point efficient dps nodes
- Included Impale and Bleed
- Utilizing automatic curses (you don't need the "Can apply an additional curse" corrupt as CwDT and Tempest shield will usually curse different enemies and the Punishment curse is only used to give yourself its buff)
- Utilizing Hungry Loop for more gem slots, leveling the support gems to 20 takes about as much as getting your character to lvl 85 so personally I love using that setup (Level the wanted support gems in swapped out weapon to lvl 19 with full exp, put them in Hungry Loop, then level up to 20. Or buy them at lvl19 for under 10c each)
- Reserving more mana, as leech will make it able for us to attack continuously anyway
- Commandment of Light enchant on gauntlets counts as another counter attack

I used my current cheap gear as a calculation point, even though it is not yet completely set up for the skill gems I have (Hungry Loop not ready yet, no 6link body armour)
But all the gear I use in the build was pretty cheap - most pieces were only 1 alc, some a couple of chaos. I bought it right after finishing the storyline and I had very crummy drops this league, so most people should be able to afford something like this for sure. Especially a good one handed Rare sword is going to increase DPS dramatically. I didn't properly set up flasks yet either.

PoB:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/vjxwXMpz

It includes the original tree as well as my version for easy comparison.
I feel like the calcs are not completely correct in PoB (Because we don't utilize part of the Punishment curse and Bleed dps seems off for the low chance we have) but the combined DPS should realistically be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 130K dps.

I find the build generally fun to play but I feel like adding some way of permanent phasing would benefit the build a lot, as I often find myself stuck on mobs (during dash cd) and unable to get into the center where pack clear is best.

Cheers

To your phasing, are you using quartz flask(s)? I personally am using 3x life flask with bleed removal and 2x quartz flask with freeze removal. With semi decent mob density or better, you should easily be able to keep both effects on you non stop. Try to get +max charges or reduced charges used for other affix on all of them.
Annointed amulet suggestion for this build?

Also, I feel like my gear is much better than average and yet my progress is bogging down as I start red map progression. I watch and rewatch your videos and you do t16 like I do t5. LoL. What must I do to step it up?

Thanks
"
Tsonu wrote:
Heyo, great build! First one I felt comfortable modding a bit. Didn't get Vaal Pact for awhile, but loving it once my damage is up. Went with the bleed suggestion someone else posted on here, but axe instead of sword and it's great. Much thanks.
Great Tsonu! Thanks for taking the time to be so kind. I appreciate it! It's fun to make a build your own hey? Great job!

Annnnnd

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:

Also, I feel like my gear is much better than average and yet my progress is bogging down as I start red map progression. I watch and rewatch your videos and you do t16 like I do t5. LoL. What must I do to step it up?

Thanks
Hey dlvbrown1969! It's might be a hard thing to hear because it's a really nice weapon, but if you found a weapon with the exact same mods but a 175% roll instead of 134%, you'd find a massive difference. I mean, improving the other mods too is nice, but I think that's your next step. I'd say another Steel Ring but I don't think it'd make a noticeable difference. It's best to keep your movement skill.

I'd say try that first.

EDIT: I forgot the appointment request. Rampart is cool. Sanctuary as well. Berserking! There are lots. Melee skills have so many options.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jul 5, 2020, 12:31:49 AM
Level 92 With the Shield Charger changes, which still follows about 85-90% what this guide suggests. I find I can tank things that I never could before. I dont use Vaal Pact because it's not my play style but lifeleech often saves the day. With DOTS I find its best to run toward the enemy to get that life we need to stay alive.
"
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:

Thanks
Hey dlvbrown1969! It's might be a hard thing to hear because it's a really nice weapon, but if you found a weapon with the exact same mods but a 175% roll instead of 134%, you'd find a massive difference. I mean, improving the other mods too is nice, but I think that's your next step. I'd say another Steel Ring but I don't think it'd make a noticeable difference. It's best to keep your movement skill.

I'd say try that first.

EDIT: I forgot the appointment request. Rampart is cool. Sanctuary as well. Berserking! There are lots. Melee skills have so many options.

Thanks. I will look at those today and anoint. As to my weapon, it is never hard for me to hear constructive criticism. I will keep looking for an upgrade and make weapon my priority.

EDIT: ok, I looked at those 3.

Berserking is only two points off your path in the build so I'd think it prudent to spend post91 points on it.

Rampart sounds insanely good, but since we are a block build I think I am leaning towards Sanctuary. However ... is there a block cap on this game? Your guide suggests thus build can get us to 79%. I am at 70% that is largely because my shield does not have the extra chance to block rolled on to it. Of course the 70 becomes 73% with tempest shield, correct? So I guess it comes down to whether or not there is a block cap and what that number is. Thanks

RE-WRITE: I found a cheap shield with higher block. It looks like 79% is the cap for block. If not, please advise. That being said, I think I will go with zsantuary for now and if and when I replace my shield with one that has +block on it, I will swap over to Rampart. Thanks again

Re-Re-Edit ... lol Murphy's Law I guess. Not even an hour after I annointed Sanctuary, I have a shield with extra block chance. It's only 5% extra but this means that half of Sanctyary is wasted ... so trolling into Rampart. Man that golden oil is expensive stuff.
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Jul 5, 2020, 4:11:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info