3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! RF HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
CelticHound wrote:
"
StandardFiend wrote:
Spoiler
I think the only gem setup I'm missing right now is the Immortal Call CwDT. Part of the reason is that I needed the extra gem slots for my Scorching Ray setup. If I can ever get a 6L chest or staff, I can combine RF and SR into one setup. I can combine them now, but then I lose out on Increased AoE/Concentrated Effect.

But the other part is I'm not sure I fully understand the benefit we're getting with Immortal Call. It seems like trading the regen and defence of the endurance charges for the 2-second defence boost of Immortal Call only after taking a huge hit (because it looks like you level this CwDT fully) isn't really accomplishing more than just keeping the endurance charges up, especially since using the warcry pretty much just instantly refills health anyway.

Maybe you can enlighten me on this one?
Spoiler

Here's one thing:

Valako, Storm's Embrace:
15% more damage if you have lost an endurance charge in the past 8 seconds.
Hey StandardFiend!

Unless I overlooked something, which I do all the time, your variant of the build is missing Immortal Call, Fortify, and Summon Holy Relic. Those defensive nodes make a huge difference, and as CelticHound mentioned, Imm. C. has a big impact on the build's synergy. We have lots of awesome perks when we have full Endurance charges, but Immortal call gives us huge damage and defence when it's used as well. Keep in mind that Immortal call lasts a while because of all the charges it uses up when cast. And since we get a huge offensive and defensive benefit from Immortal call, we don't really have a consequence to using it because we can get our End. Ch. back so quickly with Enduring Cry.

Now there is nothing wrong with your setup at all and make it work any way you like. But if you find you're struggling in something, see what's different from the guide.

If you don't want to change anything, one thing to consider is swapping Enfeeble with Flammability. That could keep the defence up a bit.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Unfortunately Fortify and Holy Relic are out of the question since I don't Hit with my setup. I can swap out Concentrated Effect on RF in order to run Immortal Call, but that's going to nerf my damage a bit too. It's all about tradeoffs until I can get a 6L, which is looking not very likely this league.
"
StandardFiend wrote:
Spoiler
Unfortunately Fortify and Holy Relic are out of the question since I don't Hit with my setup. I can swap out Concentrated Effect on RF in order to run Immortal Call, but that's going to nerf my damage a bit too. It's all about tradeoffs until I can get a 6L, which is looking not very likely this league.
Oh for sure StandardFiend! There will be pros and cons to every setup. The game is well designed that way. So make the build the way you want it, but make sure that it fits your playstyle. Matching your playstyle helps lots in survivability. This guide is really tightly synergized though. So any minor changes are typically big changes. Hopefully, you get your 6L soon so you can see how your build works together!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

I would like to ask, which is stronger :
1. quality 23% RF which I vaal-ed using vaal orb
2. vaal RF gem I got from vaal area

It seems like the 23% got more burning damage, but don't have the vaal skill instead.

Edit : whoops I intend to link the gem, but it looks like the gears got displayed too. And I just knew that vaal orb can have multiple output

What gem is considered strongest? Can we got quality 23% vaal gem (with vaal skill) somehow?

Finally reach lv 90, and still can push further with this build
Last edited by Hansen_Haryono on Aug 16, 2020, 9:49:04 PM
"
Spoiler

It seems like the 23% got more burning damage, but don't have the vaal skill instead.

Edit : whoops I intend to link the gem, but it looks like the gears got displayed too. And I just knew that vaal orb can have multiple output

What gem is considered strongest? Can we got quality 23% vaal gem (with vaal skill) somehow?

Hey Hansen_Haryono! A Vaal RF is CRAZY strong. It'll be the strongest for sure. A 23% RF gem isn't something to scoff at by any means. That's awesome. But the Vaal RF is just so strong.

Great question!

Annnnnd

"
"
Spoiler

Hey Hansen_Haryono! A Vaal RF is CRAZY strong. It'll be the strongest for sure. A 23% RF gem isn't something to scoff at by any means. That's awesome. But the Vaal RF is just so strong.

Great question!

Thanks for the answer, I'll stick to the vaal version then. Got a quality 12% vaal RF, I'll stick with that for now.

Another question, if I may?
I recently got this :

Does the spell cascade give negative effects on RF? (less area effect & less damage)
I read that spell cascade cannot support Vaal skills (I'm using vaal RF), tried equipping and removing while RF is on and cannot see reduced RF area.

But I'm not really sure about this spell cascade thing.
Last edited by Hansen_Haryono on Aug 19, 2020, 10:56:12 AM
"

Spoiler

Another question, if I may?
I recently got this :

Does the spell cascade give negative effects on RF? (less area effect & less damage)
I read that spell cascade cannot support Vaal skills (I'm using vaal RF), tried equipping and removing while RF is on and cannot see reduced RF area.

But I'm not really sure about this spell cascade thing.

Wow, that sceptre is significantly better than any item I have ever picked up in the entirety of my 500 hours on the Steam version. Well done, my friend.

But to answer your question, only the gems socketed into this particular item will be supported by the Spell Cascade. Which in your case is your auras, so it's just a moot affix.
Last edited by StandardFiend on Aug 19, 2020, 2:08:07 PM
So, I'm thinking I'll run this build again the next league, because I loved it a lot (and started this league late anyway). But I have an idea for a little twist.

I only had two issues with it, one is the relatively painful early leveling (not a big deal, and worth it!), and the other is that sometimes I wish I could turn RF off, eg. when doing trials/Labyrinth (because damn traps, I could use the extra regen when I'm not burning myself) or when having a map with "killing enemies close together can summon monsters from Beyond" modifier, and trying to round the trash up to a small area without them dying as soon as they come near.

So my idea:
- Aim for a 6L 2H weapon. (There is even a unique staff with some fire/burn related bonuses I think?) Use it for RF. This way I can swap weapons to turn RF off and back on at will (it turns off when gem is not in a worn item, and automatically turns back on when it is there again).
- For alt weapons, use a buffed shield and a weapon that has Life and Regen on it, so when I swap, I get even more tanky than only by turning RF off. This could also be used to quickly regenerate Life if needed, or even before I'm able to sustain RF indefinitely, to "reset" my Life.
- I can buy a chest with good stats for cheap because it's not a 6L (get a 2x 3L or just Fuse, 2x 3L is relatively easy to get) for the gems that would normally be in the weapons. And if I do get a 6L with good stats, I can experiment with replacing some gems, perhaps.

What do you think? :D
Last edited by StormHUN on Aug 19, 2020, 2:34:18 PM
"
StandardFiend wrote:

Wow, that sceptre is significantly better than any item I have ever picked up in the entirety of my 500 hours on the Steam version. Well done, my friend.

But to answer your question, only the gems socketed into this particular item will be supported by the Spell Cascade. Which in your case is your auras, so it's just a moot affix.

Thank you for the answer, I'm glad it didn't affect RF.
I got it for 3 chaos on trade (so I guess I'm really lucky eh?)

"
StormHUN wrote:
I wish I could turn RF off, eg. when doing trials/Labyrinth (because damn traps, I could use the extra regen when I'm not burning myself) or when having a map with "killing enemies close together can summon monsters from Beyond" modifier, and trying to round the trash up to a small area without them dying as soon as they come near.

@stormhun we can turn off RF simply by using flask with dousing (removes burning on use). I use that a lot when playing on labyrinth. We can get dousing by using orb of alteration multiple times on flask. Einhar have that crafting mods for flask too. CMIIW

This is the flask example :

Having that emergency RF OFF button sure helps a lot :D
Last edited by Hansen_Haryono on Aug 19, 2020, 8:20:10 PM
"
StormHUN wrote:
- Aim for a 6L 2H weapon. (There is even a unique staff with some fire/burn related bonuses I think?) Use it for RF. This way I can swap weapons to turn RF off and back on at will (it turns off when gem is not in a worn item, and automatically turns back on when it is there again).

I have righteous fire in a staff. When I weapon swap, the degen does not turn off.

I think you will have to use a potion of dousing as Hansen_Haryono said.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info