[3.11] Carrion Golemancer smokes the world! a small build guide // sirus 8 in 1m22s // videos //

Hi Folks,

welcome to my updated mini guide of the 3.11 version of the carrion golemancer.

Disclaimer:
this is not meant to be a full build guide. This version of the build is expensive!

quote myself
"
the fact that I'm still playing PoE this late in the league tells more about the build then anything else!

*recent changes:*
- updated pastebin for 3.11
- added fastest sirus 8 kill
- added some uber elder kill videos
- added video of helmet craft
- added video of staff craft
- added video of staff craft pt.2
- added video of amulet craft

About my journey:
Spoiler

Started playing stone golementalist in 3.10 using this beautiful guide as template.
Because I played blighted maps mostly afk I swapped some gems and added in zombies (to distract enemies and get them in combat). I was in desperate need of sockets, thats why I switched to bow + quiver. Then I swapped to Carrion Golems just to test it (late league) and WOW... I was shocked how crazy they are! Thats when I fully transfered my build...

Pros:
Spoiler

- good map clear
- god tier single target dmg
- cheap to start

Cons:
Spoiler

- no phys reflect
- re-summon 13 minions everytime you login

Summary:
Spoiler

Carrion Golems are overall very versatile. They clear maps pretty fast and kill bosses like there is no tomorrow^^.
Stone Golems help you with nice hp regen.
Chaos Golems give you good phys mitigation.

Videos 3.10:
Spoiler

Uber Elder 1min43sec

Sirus Lvl 8:

Simulacrum Wave 18-20 (Kosis in wave 20):

Redeemer Lvl 8:

Crusader Lvl 8:

AFK T16 Blighted Map:

Videos 3.11:
Spoiler

Sirus 8 speedkill 1min22sec

Uber Elder kills

Conq Map Clears + Sirus

Defensives:
Spoiler

85% chaos res // 50% ele dmg take as chaos // 71% phys reduction (76% while stationary) without flask (90% with flask).
Further I have 3 permanent endurance charges + fortify (Animate Guardian) + phys reduction from spectre (They Of Tul)

Offensives:
Spoiler

My minions have frenzy + power charges from spectres (chief + host) and culling strike from Animate Guardian

How much damage??
Spoiler

Sirus Awakener Lvl 8 final phase in 4 seconds!

My current gear + gems:
Spoiler

Utility Minions and why it's good to have 10 non-Golem Minions:
Spoiler

Spectres:
Spoiler

First of all we can have 3 spectres active because the gem level is 25 or higher -> + 3 from empower 4, +3 from helmet.
We use:
- 1 Carnage Chieftain (found in ashen fields act7) for frenzy charge generation
- 1 Host Chieftain (found in ashen fields act7) for power charge generation
- 1 They Of Tul (found in Tuls Domain) for dmg mitigation

Animate Guardian:
Spoiler

We use Animate Guardian because he does what a good Guardian should do: he buffs^^ but ofc only if we give him the proper tools which are:
- Kingmaker (for perm fortify and culling strike)
- Victario's Flight (for movementspeed buff)
- vuln lvl 12 curse on hit gloves

Zombies:
Spoiler

Zombies??? Yes, Zombies are utility minions in this setup^^.
We can have 6 Zombies active and they are used to distract enemies and get them in combat. Further and even more important Zombies boost our Carrion Golems damage!

Carrion needs 10 non-Golem friends:
Spoiler

besides all other benefits we get from using non-Golem minions our Carrion Golem gets 5% more damage per non-Golem minion near them up to 50%! Do I need to say MORE?!?

Gear crafting:
Spoiler

3.11 +5 lvl Staff:
Video:

Spoiler

I bought a base (staff not warstaff!) with the fractured "minion have 5% chance to deal double damage" mod (temple mod)
After that I chaos spammend until I hit "+1-2 to level of all spell skill gems"
Once you got those mods you can craft "cannot roll attack modifiers" using crafting bench.
And as final step you add/remove physical modifiers until you hit +3 to all physical spell skill gems.

Helmet:
Spoiler

Video:

Step 1
buy a base ilvl 86 elder bone helmet (yes they cost a bit)
ideal with a good lab enchant already (yes thats even more expensive).

Step 2 (optional)
use 1soc resonator filled with: perfect fossil an bring the helmet to ~28% qual (small armor + es gain)

Step 3
use 3 soc resonator filled with: dense + pristine + bound fossils.
Stats to look for:
+2 (better 3) to level of socketed minion gems
socketed gems are supported by level X minion life
socketed gems are supported by level X minion damage

Step 4 (optional)
if you hit the desired mods and have an open suffix but are not happy with the other suffixes -> lock prefixes and scour suffixes using method described in Step 7 of the bow crafting section (only if you plan to multimod the item afterwards).

Amulet:
Spoiler

Video:

Follow and read this carefully to avoid stupid and expensive mistakes^^
you need to buy 2 base amulets. One of them will get destroyed during the crafting process. I'll mark the amulets with "(D)" for destroyed and "(O)" for outcome.
I'd recommend your (O) amulet base to be either Onyx or Citrine amulet. For your (D) amulet the base doens't matter.

Super imported notice:
the base amulets may only have one conquerer mod each. So the hunter base may not have another hunters mod "of the hunter" or "Hunter's". Same with the warlord base but for "Warlod's" or "of conquest" mod.

Step 1
- buy a warlord base amulet with "+1 to Level of all Physical Skill Gems", minimum base ilvl for this mod is 82.

- buy a hunter base amulet with "+1 to Level of all Strength Skill Gems", minimum base ilvl for this mod is 82.

*(imo ilvl 82 is fine for the (O) amulet)

Step 2
use awakener orb to combine the amulets
right click awakner orb then left click amu (D) and then left click amu (O)

Step 3
As this process can only be done once per amu (O) you need to live with the result of your prefixes forever!! Or you just start again with Step 1 xD
If you have an open suffix but are not happy with the other suffixes -> lock prefixes and scour suffixes using method described in Step 7 of the bow crafting section (only if you plan to multimod the item afterwards).

3.10 Bow: No longer needed
Spoiler

Step 1
buy shaper base ilvl83+
good base is reflex bow (movementspeed implicit is useful and the dex requirement is pretty low). Don't make the mistake to buy a base with too high dex requirement.

Step 2
use 1 soc resonator filled with: perfect fossil until you hit ~28% qual. Makes it easier to 6link later.

Step 3
craft qual on the bow. Accuracy + qual craft is prety cheap and helps alot for 6linking

Step 4
6soc + 6link it!

Step 5
Use 4 soc resonator filled with: jagged + corroded + serrated + metallic fossils.
Stats to look for:
+1 to level of socketed gems (not bow gems!)
socketed skills deal 20% more attack damage (shaper mod)
1 open prefix
Further open suffix would be ideal.

Step 6
If you hit the required mods and have open prefix but no open suffix -> try to annul a suffix. If you annled a suffix go to step 7 otherwise repeat step 5.

Step 7
craft "prefixes cannot be changed" with the crafting bench and then use a Orb of Scouring.

Step 8
craft "can have up to 3 crafted modifiers" with the crafting bench

Step 9
craft "+2 to level of socketed support gems" with the crafting bench

Step 10
craft "minions have 25-28% increased attack and cast speed" with the crafting bench

Step 11
add "aspect of the avian" using beastcrafting (saqawal first of the sky)

PoB *updated for 3.11*:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/regYQwcR

I'll add more to this if needed or requested^^
Last edited by elbramso on Aug 13, 2020, 9:40:27 AM
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2020, 9:28:01 AM
Pastebin doesn't seem to be working
"
kraken1944 wrote:
Pastebin doesn't seem to be working

oh sry - I updated it now.
Very nice build.

I use Carrion Golem too for maps but Stone Golem for bossing and simulacrum as my Carrion Golem damage is only barely 1M Shaper dps. My amulet was geared more towards Stone Golems and not all items are top of the line.
"
kraken1944 wrote:
Very nice build.

I use Carrion Golem too for maps but Stone Golem for bossing and simulacrum as my Carrion Golem damage is only barely 1M Shaper dps. My amulet was geared more towards Stone Golems and not all items are top of the line.

I'm pretty sure that PoB does not show the correct dmg numbers in regards of Carrion Golems. I'm a bit above 2M Sirus dps according to PoB but when you look at my Sirus kill you can see the insane amount of dmg... I mean 6 seconds of final Sirus phase is amazing^^

There is maybe something wrong with Carrion Golems and I'm not sure if someone should tell GGG^^

Last edited by elbramso on Jun 5, 2020, 6:04:37 AM
*Update*

added an AFK T16 Blighted Map video
*UPDATE*

added Uber Elder kill
I know you have expensive endgame gear in the build. But Its possible to make this build work as a starter build in the next league?, with cheap gear and then progress?. Or golems builds are not starters builds?.
"
yissus wrote:
I know you have expensive endgame gear in the build. But Its possible to make this build work as a starter build in the next league?, with cheap gear and then progress?. Or golems builds are not starters builds?.

I think that this could be run as a league starter but you can't really play golems before you have the primordial stones and this is what holds this build back. Early in leagues primordial stones are rare and you don't have currency^^

So what I'll do is start as necro and tranfser to golems later.

AND I'll absolutely play this build again next league if:
- golems don't get nerfed
- minion cluster jewells don't get nerfed too hard

in regards of budget:
more then half of the costs of this build are due to awakened gems. I have concerns that those gems might be more expensive next league because of the 2h melee changes. Golems and melee share the same support gems^^

I'll maybe record another Uber Elder kill not using a single awakened gem and then call it a budget version :P

And lastly...
the fact that I'm still playing PoE this late in the league tells more about the build then anything else!

I'll take a short break from PoE before the next league starts.

If you have any further questions or requests feel free to ask, I'll look at the forums twice a day or so^^

cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info