[3.24] The Infused Trickster | Build update. High Block. EHP has doubled | Demo video up

Just got to the maps today and having a lot of fun with LT-CwC-LWarp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuMJ5KcusNY

Still adjusting to the setup/playstyle while mapping so my controls are janky lol.

Right after that map, I bought Phantasmal LWarp and the difference in response is very big even with 12% quality I have on the gem atm. Simply because Less Duration from quality is multiplicative with Reduced duration on the gem itself, so at least until Ashes of the Stars I'm not swapping Phantasmal version.

LT itself felt quite fun to use in the campaign and with buffed Orb of Storm the damage was really good vs tougher rares too. I usually hate going through campaign (hence only doing 1 character per league) but this was the first time where I caught myself thinking "huh, already act 10? That was quick"
Last edited by MrCinos on Dec 11, 2022, 10:41:29 PM
Cool, glad your acts felt smooth.
Gotta try Orb of Storms. I've used it with this build for years, then abandoned it for other secondary skills. I'm impatient to try it again, as it is specially devised for LT (but also Divine Ire and Storm Burst tbh).
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Doing fine so far, still haven't done 4th Lab and decided to invest into voidstone for more abyss stuff while I'm still clearing maps for the 1st time. The equipment is lacking quite a bit, but the gameplay is fun anyway.

Frostblink goes really well in my CwC-Lwarp setup too as I can engage immediately before 0.3+ seconds passes and Lwarp starts proccing from LT, bonus chill is appreciated. I should try Cast on Crit too, though in that case I'd have to stick to Brine King pantheon for good and I dont want to.

Gem-wise:

- I really like Vaal Purity of Lightning, considering I only have 3 support gem choices (and I went crit on 80, so basically only 1 now, lol) - there's no room for Lightning Penetration gem and Vaal PoL solves the issue of slow killing some tanky Lightning res mobs. Since I go ham on Abyss, I've plenty of "fuel" to restore it as well. Eventually I'll get "free" penetration from crits via Forbidden jewels, though if I continue to have no issues with no pen and vaal PoT being the only source of it, then I'd rather save two jewel slots and currency for something else.

- Also went for 3 curses asap - gonna change doedre's ring to the armour with +1 curse mod eventually. EDIT: Swapped to Asenath so had to remove Punishment

- Other than that I'll retire Arcane Surge once I get it from Ascendancy point and Frost Bomb once I gear up / have more DPS.

"
rahsaan wrote:
Cool, glad your acts felt smooth.
Gotta try Orb of Storms. I've used it with this build for years, then abandoned it for other secondary skills. I'm impatient to try it again, as it is specially devised for LT (but also Divine Ire and Storm Burst tbh).

OoS probably goes well in a staff setup so you could 6 link it as well. Otherwise not sure what 4 link setup can make it punch really hard other than if it's slotted in Thunderfist or "5-6" link helmets.
Last edited by MrCinos on Dec 13, 2022, 1:04:37 PM
How do you counter stuns in this build? As soon as I picked up eldritch battery I started gettin stunlocked by mobs. Tiny LT range doesn't help either.

Does ES count as defender's life pool for the purpose of calculating stun threshold? Cause it's not an issue of me getting stunned twice as often after picking eldritch battery. Without eldritch battery I wasn't getting stunned at all and with eldritch battery I can't avoid getting stunlocked.
Last edited by FemaleRepellent on Dec 16, 2022, 10:17:21 PM
"
How do you counter stuns in this build? As soon as I picked up eldritch battery I started gettin stunlocked by mobs. Tiny LT range doesn't help either.

Does ES count as defender's life pool for the purpose of calculating stun threshold? Cause it's not an issue of me getting stunned twice as often after picking eldritch battery. Without eldritch battery I wasn't getting stunned at all and with eldritch battery I can't avoid getting stunlocked.

Either try and get by with Brine King pantheon - not a fan of it personally since it's a bit wasted on me cause I get freeze immunity either via Arctic Armour or Purity of Elements in channeling builds. But on a low level/early before you can get into cluster territory comfortably it's an option for sure.

What I did to solve the stun before I started using awakened CwC in my version of LT build:

Since I was nearby I got Practical Application node on passive tree and got the rest avoid interruption from Stuns to 100% via cluster nodes - Practiced Caster, got 2x of those on cheap large cluster and megalomaniac. Alternatively, you can get the immunity via two medium clusters/megalomaniacs with Unwavering Focus node on each.

Just make sure to stack either 100% avoid interruption from Stuns (can use Cast-When-Stunned support gems to trigger lvl 20 skills with no downsides if you go this route, see my boots) or 100% avoid being stunned as those two mods dont stack between themselves so focus on only one of them. But either way each prevents you from being interrupted in your channeling.

---
On another note even if you're going for proper 6-link LT, Bodyswap is a funny/interesting tech in a CWDT/CWStunned link. With it you just channel your skill and if some decent rare hits you, you automatically get in the range of the mob, thus solving the problem of a small LT range. Not sure if it
Last edited by MrCinos on Dec 17, 2022, 11:58:47 AM
@FemaleRepellent :
For stun, you have 50% avoidance as long as you have ES.
+ 35% while channelling from Practiced Caster.
+ anti-stun lock from Brine King pantheon.

With this setup, I seldom get stunned, also thx to quick chill/freeze with LT.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Dec 17, 2022, 8:57:38 AM
"
rahsaan wrote:
@FemaleRepellent :
For stun, you have 50% avoidance as long as you have ES.
+ 35% while channelling from Practiced Caster.
+ anti-stun lock from Brine King pantheon.

With this setup, I seldom get stunned, also thx to quick chill/freeze with LT.

You actually lose 50% avoidance from ES when you allocate Eldritch Battery. It also doesn't stack with avoidance from Practiced Caster, they are rolled independently. There are 3 separate rolls happening before you get interrupted
1. 50% if you have ES
2. sum of all "avoid getting stunned" (conditional or not)
3. sum of all "avoid interruption from stuns" (conditional or not)
1st isn't available to us due to Eldritch Battery.
For now I decided to equip Ezomyte Peak for leveling (it allocates Unwavering Stance) because stuns are unbearable. I'm not sure what's going on with stun threshold, seems like ES really counts for stun threshold formula (even though it should not).
I'll replace it with clusters later (I think I'll either take Unwavering Focus + Tolerance node on the tree or 2 clusters with Unwavering Focus, both take 3 skillpoints but Tolerance node lets you allocate Resistance mastery, not sure if I want it)
Got to level 96, dying only once since 93 (from some weird DoT) when I got Aegis Aurora. The shield is such a huge game changer, for the left side of the passove tree at least. My current LT-CwC-Lwarp setup: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/MrCinos/Thomas_Lysander

Either way it's time for some PoB "warrioring", still work in progress so please correct / advise me for some possible changes and/or if I'm wrong somewhere

PoB - https://pobb.in/fCcqQM8ZMvax EDIT: fixed Arcane surge

Mindfulness from Megalomaniac can be safely removed to simulate lvl 95 as there's more than enough mana regen to sustain 6-link LT. It's even enough in my cwc setup where I spend 60+ mana per second on LWarp in addition to Tendrils. The only reason I still went for Mindfulness is cause I run lots of shrines for fun+cheapness and sometimes you get faster cast buff which means more mana spending and Mindfulness help with that for one point. That, and I'm a Megalomaniac addict, lol.

I'll pretend I run Soul of the Brine King and a regular 6-link LT setup and in that case here's what I got on Hiero:

30.8-34.5 mil DPS with Empower 3-4 lvl + Energy Leech or better yet 30-33.5 mil DPS with Empower lvl 3-4 + Faster Casting to diversify from Leech mechanic. Why I'm entertaining Empower level 3? Because 8+ divs for lvl 4 is too much atm for me. I'm having hard time building up currency this league. Power of Sigil can boost DPS for 3+ mil more, not to mention huge +50k eHP/tankiness boost you get from it. If someone isn't a fan of Death Rush ring, you can remove it alongsides with Adrenaline check and go for any other utility/offensive ring.

The whole cluster setup is more of a placeholder too, bought one of the cheaper Large clusters long time ago and I've yet to optimize it for my character.

The funny thing here is that I've already surpassed my Lv 100 Incinerate Elementalist from last league both in DPS and tankiness with a fraction of the budget. Like 1 amulet or 1 body armour or 1 forbidden jewel combo alone cost me more on Elementalist than the whole build here lol.

Breakdown on prices I paid for the equipment if someone's interested:

Spoiler
Weapon - 45c

Got lucky here with the price I admit (bless PoB item search). Secret of Suffering implicit is amazing. Gives you pre-Legacy of Fury source of Scorch, source of 2-3% Brittle and easy 20% Sap. Though for the first two you have to make sure you've "add x fire (if no Legacy of Fury) / x cold damage to spells" and/or the same "while holding a shield" on jewels or somewhere else.

Shield - 2.5 div

Not a fair comparison cause last league it cost 14-15 divs lol. Hope it stays on the cheaper side from now on. If necessary can also go for Taste of Hope flask with the amazing defensive synergy

Helmet - 5c

I didn't know Maw of Conquest even existed before but randomly seeing it on market with enchant on I got it without thinking. Provides all the good stuff and poison immunity, one of the ailments still affecting you with purity of elements. There're probably better choices though

Body Armour - 1 div

As long as the keystone is not detrimental anything is ok for budgetary reasons

Gloves - 40c

Got it mainly because of that +60% Leeching mod, one of the things I should upgrade soon tm

Boots - 1 div

Or 2-3 div with +1 endurance charge Implcit, which is my next goal so I put it in PoB already

Amulet - 80c

Ring 1 - 40c

Unset ring isn't necessary. I still have at least 2 flex gems - Frost bomb and Chaos Golem that I can boot if I think of something else

Ring 2 - 1.5 div

Belt - 40-80c, can't recall for sure

Provides huge DPS boost via 6-7 endurance charges conversion

---
The only notable jewel when it comes to price here is Watcher's Eye (chaos res and +crit via Wrath) - 2 divs

Overall the most expensive purchase that doesn't really concern PoB setup - awakened cwc gem - 3.5 divs at the time, but it's the reason I even went to play LT

So yeah, highly recommended to try Hiero if you're planning to revisit the skill, rahsaan. Unless you're particularly keen on Assassin for it. But if someone goes for it, then the biggest advice from me would be to get Aegis and Skin of the Lords when you get to T16 farming asap, pre- and post- Aegis difference is especially night and day.

So TL;DR, the benefits of Hierophant build I'm running:

-75/75 attack/spell block
- 100+k eHP (Aegis is OP etc), though the HP/ES pool overall isn't that high -5.5k
- Hiero ascendancies make you fit more % auras and basically solve your mana issues on their own
- Pretty formidable and very cost-efficient 30-35+ m mapping DPS - with a room for more and 25+m without adrenaline ring, obviously less if it's a strictly 1v1 fight (not really going for that myself)
- 5 magic utility flasks, 0 reliance on a unique one, can pick and optimize on your own. I've yet to invest into proper flask combo myself ther.

There're tons of good mana regen nodes around for minimum investment too, if you've mana problems early game. +4 minimum endurance/power charges Ascendancy is also great, especially with Arn's belt to scale your damage better. It gives you basically almost free Ralakesh boots without taking boots slot.
---

"
rahsaan wrote:
PoB 3.20 :
https://pastebin.com/iGBSiHTU

Also one small correction from me, Gain #% of Maximum life as Extra ES on a Body Armour is no longer obtainable so should replace it with something else there.

P.S. Oh right, I can try Vaal Smite or Vaal Haste (of a low level) now that I'm thinking.

Last edited by MrCinos on Dec 18, 2022, 2:34:22 PM
@FemaleRepellent : thx for the clarifications about stun. Honestly, I don't have issues with stun atm.

@MrCinos : Thanks for all these explanations about LT+CwC+LW.
Maw of the Conquest helmet is good (it dates back from Incursion I think), but I prefer the Viridi's Veil setup to be curse immune, on top of elem immunity from Purity of Elements.

I'm working on the 3.20 version of the build.
I will remove the legacy mod "Gain life as extra ES on body armour".

My main issue : there is an overwhelming number of secondary buff skills between which to choose, including :
- Assassin's Mark
- Elemental Weakness
- Frost Shield
- Galvanic Field
- Orb of Storms
- Sigil of Power
- (Vaal) Cold Snap
- Vaal Haste
- Vaal Righteous Fire
- Vaal Smite
- Wrath + Divine Blessing

And I may forget some !

I really dig the Frost Shield, as it grants defense and crit chance.
I've tested a bit of Vaal Smite. A bit slow but the buff is strong (PoB says 27%).
For comparison's sake, Assassin's Mark grants 40% more. If I had a second curse, Elem Weakness would grant 28%.
Galvanic Field deals 200k DPS with 35% shock, but it seems a lot more when I play.

And then, there are the skills you can channel with LT, including :
- Arc
- Ball Lightning
- Crackling Lance
- Lightning Warp
- Shock Nova
- Spark
etc.

So I'll need to decide which ones I choose.

Anyway, have a great holiday seasons to you all, and may 2023 bring even stronger shock effects and more channelling power ! :D

Pretty much optimized the character as much as I could spending countless hours in the PoB: https://pobb.in/Au6H_1eDIbdC

Last video footage I swear xD - https://youtu.be/OF3IOVzYBTI
Map + Altar mods - https://imgur.com/a/6ocr3wn

I thought LTendrils finally getting first MTX this league meant it's destiny or something so I got it as well xD

On my LTendrils-Empower-Crit-Damage-Infused Channeling-CwC-LWarp setup I managed to reach 47m DPS (vs low life)

Even while doing 180-200+ quant maps (130+ base) and double life harvest sextant / +50% mosnters HP keystone I can afford using Item Rarity support instead of Infused Channeling and Gold Flask without slowing me down too much

If I go proper 6-link adding Awakened Added Lightning Damage and Faster Casting DPS reaches 65m mark (vs low life), wonder how much a properly set up Orb of Storm would've added the damage too, not that I've room for it

That's all with just 1% Brittle where in reality it goes higher which also boosts DPS quite a bit. But ofc it's all while "mapping" while I have adrenaline ring active too, on some 1v1 only bosses the damage will be lower

On that note, I've a feeling it's not real DPS. Does PoB take into account that stronger pulse happens every 4th hit to show proper DPS? Or you need to take 1/4 value of stronger pulse and add 3/4 of the normal pulse?

---

Some of the bigger last changes I did:

- upgraded Enlighten lv 3 to lv 4
- got Ylfeban helm with 90% reservation corruption that also gave me the source of shock
- managed to fit in Tempest Shield for the insane amount of spell block which in turn saved me 8 (!) passive points
- 2 passive points saved from removing Glancing Blows on the tree via acquiring it one the Body Armour
- removed 5 passive points leading to Iron Will and redistributed them
- still needed two stoic focus medium clusters to get back to 75/75 block though
- started using Enfeeble curse in CwStunned link that gives me like 150k eHP when adding it, lol

And speaking of curses choises the Forbidden Jewels / Inevitable Judgment ascendancy is so good because you dont need Conductivity/Ele Weakness/Exposure/Penetration at all leaving you much more room to try other options

"
@MrCinos : Thanks for all these explanations about LT+CwC+LW.
Maw of the Conquest helmet is good (it dates back from Incursion I think), but I prefer the Viridi's Veil setup to be curse immune, on top of elem immunity from Purity of Elements.

Needing magic ring kills it for me personally - both adrenaline ring or +1 curse with some good corrupted implicit Doedre's Damning ring feel much more impactful to me, but maybe for squishier builds it's a good option. Curses were a problem on my Elementalist last league with the Coward's Legacy belt for example, but a curse reduction flask suffix solved the issue. On my current Hiero I dont feel much impact from them at all (dont think they lead to any of my deaths barring maybe 1-2 I didnt notice) even without the flask.

As I mentioned above I really liked the change to Ylfeban helmet I did recently. Since I'm using Secret of Suffering Sceptre I have both 20% Sap and some Shock from Shocking Grounds now enabling Storm Weaver passive to be effective again. Not to mention random curses (over limit) I get from the helmet as well, not that I get much from them since I run all the relevant curses on myself already and conductivity/ele weakness provide 0 benefit to me

Last edited by MrCinos on Dec 27, 2022, 10:40:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info