Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

Well I just disagree unless they balance the affixes with the gear rarity overall.

Just adding affixes sucks in general from an rng standpoint. You cant tell me adding light raduis, or block and stun recovery, or any other of the "dead" affixes makes the game feel better.

I'd much rather have 4 meaningful affixes, then balance from there as gear improves from a rarity standpoint adding unique or varied build options (like influence modifiers in PoE, or unique modifiers tied to specific gear)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Just logged in on my Paladin for the first time in a while. I found him sitting at over 200% to each elemental resist and between 45-60 for the others. And that was just from the gear he had equipped, since they did a passive reset. He had a bunch of set glancing blows mods before the patch that all got converted to set elemental, resulting in some overkill ele res heh.

Was able to swap out a few gear pieces with stuff I already had in stash and bring those down to more useful levels while maxing out the others. Now I have a few open mod spots to try to craft something in, whereas before all my mod slots were full.

Now I just need to finish redoing his passives and run some monoliths to see how he feels to play in combat. On the surface, it seems really nice to only need to worry about resistances and blocking. Instead of sacrificing a lot of slots to have max glancing blows...and still worrying about resistances and blocking.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
One thing the new patch made worse is playing melee. Hooo boy, these new mobs will rip you to shreds if you try to go close combat.

Thanks.

Was thinking about trying it, but if it's yet another game that can't handle my favorite playstyle, I might as well just hang back.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Before the amazing crash and burn that was Wolcen's release, I always said that for close quarters combat, the go-to is Wolcen, but for magic, Last Epoch is far superior. Given LE still doesn't have archery, the jury remains out on that one.

And for all its flaws and faults, Wolcen still does CQC better than any other Diablo-clone ARPG out there. Which is fine, I think -- Last Epoch's devotion to a more D2-like experience allows it to focus on arguably more important things, at least as far as a decent ARPG is concerned.

CQC ARPG fans are in a real bad place right now. On the other hand, I can't really recall a time when we weren't at least the underdogs in terms of ARPG 'power'. Even the barb's WW was merely 'competitive' with shit like Frozen Orb and Blessed Hammer.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
CQC ARPG fans are in a real bad place right now. On the other hand, I can't really recall a time when we weren't at least the underdogs in terms of ARPG 'power'.

Being an underdog, I can live it. Melee will, mostly because of the alternatives, always be mechanically inferior. I can live with that too. What's 'make or break' for me, is how the devs are trying to mitigate the mechanical differences.

GGG tried with Fortify, but decided to give a permanent Fortify to an ascendancy. On top of that, they managed to give Fortify to any character using a flask (if they so choose). They also tried giving a lot of melee skills flat physical damage, but were quick to nerf the ones that actually stood out as "good". All of these showed an attempt at mitigating the mechanical differences with numbers, but they all failed at some point.

--

I actually HATE the CQC in Wolcen. The whole "auto attack" thing may flow well for some, but do very little for me, especially when it comes to tailoring your own playstyle. I don't like the idea of "generators" and "spenders", which was one of the main thing I disliked about D3 too.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Fair enough. I found once I activated the incredibly poorly explained 'basic attack' function (auto-attacks targets as long as you keep the mouse button down) the CQC flow was even better, BUT if the basic rage/willpower mechanic doesn't work for you, that's a deal-breaker for sure.

I don't have enough time left on this earth to go into what I dislike about PoE's CQC.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Played last time in april this year and i lost motivation to try this game out once again after realising several issues:

- Still no damage numbers for your skill. You have to guess or use damage dummy.
- Character sheet still convoluted
- minions still slow AF and lag behind your character
-90% of my items got deleted after their stash tab rework. I guess this is a good lessen to not rush GGG with the new tab thingy.

See you next year i guess when they finally have more QOL and the rogue class.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
I still think GGG has been doing a great job. But I also think they deserve some quality competition.
Rogue is coming to Last Epoch.

http://youtu.be/HTjmMXMA6BM
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I dig the new logo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info