[3.13] Scarfuncle's Shield Charge Impaling Gladiator -Max Block, Great speed, Pack Explosions

"
Scarfuncle wrote:
New budget POB online. Damage of the budget model increased from 3.5m to 4.7m while getting cheaper. https://pastebin.com/zGxZ2K1n

I still need to update the high end damage and images up front. I'm very happy I could do things like eliminate the need to the off color carcass jack. Now I'm recommending the -mana chest. for the budget version.

The non-budget version will be crit based. I prefer going crit the whole time, but I am trying to keep the base model simple and resolute technique does that.

Hi, build looks nice and im bored with my current gladiator. So i give this a try. Where i can get the crit based pob? And would you be so kind and look my current gear (lots of phys + crit), so what i can keep and what i sell. I have 7ex + my equipped gear to spend.
Helm - Buy crown of the inward eye with an enchant for shield charge attack speed (curse eff, blood and sand, shield charge damage are also good).
Weapon - Scaeva with high crit if you have friends. Ichimonji if you don't.
Shield - Get an ilvl 86 colossal shield, use a deafening essence of dread on it. craft for quality and int. aim for 2600+
Body Armour - You can keep it! Just get it to 5r1g
Rings - You're going to want -mana cost crafts on each. Otherwise, they are good!
Amulet - This could work, yes. You just want -mana cost on as much as possible since we reserve as much mana as possible.
Gloves - They work to start! That curse is nice. I prefer it on the rings and to use the new southswing gloves because of the sexy implicit.
Belt - keep? honestly, you were probably due for an upgrade. Just adjust your rings and use the belt to fill in the gaps.
Boots - You can use them, but imo you should sell and get some with movement speed. Gotta go fast.

Tree - Left side of the tree looks near perfect - just needs call to arms. Right side needs to chop off everthing right of Vaal pact.

Jewels - Sell those threads of hopes

I haven't min-maxed the crit version, but you can see my current crit shield charger. It's very good this league with everything being so laggy.

https://pastebin.com/UEf8Eyv5

It's probably at 50% of its potential with the level and items I have. You don't NEED the onslaught ring and you don't need my axe since you have an explode chest. All in all, you are a good candidate to try this build because you have over half the stuff anyway. You won't need even close to 7ex to switch gears - you'd make it all back by selling the old gear. Let me know if you encounter issues.
Last edited by Scarfuncle on Feb 9, 2021, 12:54:44 PM
Hi there everyone! For a long time I've had what the "end game" version of this build would look like in my head. I made a POB to show the upper ends of what this build is capable of - https://pastebin.com/cZgzsfz9

I welcome anyone to improve upon it and I'll add it to the front page. I'm certain I could sacrifice life and defenses to make it deal more damage, but I feel it is important for melee to have ~6k ehp and above 50% block. If anyone can improve upon it, let me know!

Added a new video with an explode weapon to show what mapping looks like in t16. https://youtu.be/mtqmN8MG_Xs
Last edited by Scarfuncle on Feb 17, 2021, 11:29:03 PM
Hey!
I'm playing this build right now and on A8 when fighting sirus/shaper+maven/pure breachstones i feel like i should deal more damage... And i'm not sure what am i doing wrong... >,< Any tips what to change?
(PS. Shield still in crafting progress, bcs of that it is still w8ing for augument def with nice roll and % life on block >,<)

https://pastebin.com/UFF0hUjx
Last edited by Interpo on Feb 23, 2021, 3:01:00 PM
* Augment small and large cluster jewels
* Get anomolous shield charge gem
* Get anomolous ruthless gem
* quality your melee phys damage gem
* drop enduring cry, use intimidating cry
* Consider using phase run for sirus 8. I put it on left click and go to manually doing my warcry. why? it gives more mobility and a little more damage. you can drop vaal grace during the fight for phase run.
* spec out of the aggressive bastion wheel. You don't need it if you have enduring composure.
* spec out of eagle eye maybe. your accuracy is really good and you don't really need it. More life is good. Getting the extra jewel socket on the curse cluster is also great.
* spec out of testudo, get gladitorial combat. You won't miss the block chance. As long as you have 50 shield charge you're fine for the boss. I'd rather have more life.
* Make sure you take an anti-curse flask into sirus. your flasks should be defensive in this fight.
* woah woah woah where is your anti-corrupted blood jewel? You're a madman!
* use attack catalysts on your belt
Your Marylene's amulet is the cheapest and best recommendation I can make. You can add 11% more dps with this alone if you annoint it correctly and get one with great crit multi. attack catalysts too!

Other than this, you've done a kick ass job here! I spent a lot of timing finding ways to help, but didn't say all the stuff that you're doing right. Most everything is phenomenal - it's just a little here and there I recommend. I'm thrilled that you've taken this build to endgame.
Last edited by Scarfuncle on Feb 25, 2021, 11:56:30 PM
How is this build in the maven fight/s?

Also, with Inward eye, is it worth aiming for mana on your gear? I'm guessing you'd benefit from items that have +max life and mana for higher dps. Or is that not how it works?
Last edited by murkYuri on Mar 8, 2021, 8:21:06 AM
I can't speak to the maven fight, but it did the 10 map boss challenge deathless. I hate dying, which is why I made this build.

As for mana, mana does raise DPS - you are correct. Mana only gives a slight boost though. It's not worth chasing more mana, attack speed is the prime stat here.
Last edited by Scarfuncle on Mar 8, 2021, 8:16:43 PM
Hello!
After 11 days and 7 hours of playing this build and 36/40 challenges i can say only one thing. It was rly fun league xD After all ur tips i was able to reach 11mln dps on sirus, beat every conqueror on A9 while facetanking, beat shaper+maven and beat sirus A6. Fight with maven, feared invitation and sirus A9 was too hard for me. Thanks to this build i was able to learn advanced crafting and have a lot of fun while clearing maps in 2 min max xD It is great build for early league, quite cheap and fast. Sadly i cant recommend it for late game. If u want to fight with bosses u need more dmg, to deal more dmg u are going for less block, with less block u are dying a little more.... I just dont like scaling like this...

Btw Greatest achiev this league is this:

Crafted it with ~10ex budget so i'm quite lucky :D

Pob if some1 interested https://pastebin.com/ysMtdun2
Last edited by Interpo on Mar 9, 2021, 4:32:14 PM
Is it possible to convert this build into a bleeding build?
I haven't tried to convert it to bleed, but it is conceivable you could because we only use physical damage. Still, this build works because your attack skill is your movement skill and the shield provides good defenses while boosting your offense. Bleed works by doing a ton of small pokes and scaling DOT. Tornado shot hits a lot more often than shield charge, so I'd go with that if you were doing bleed.

This all being said, I haven't tried to do a bleed build into late game since they took away double dipping back in the day. I think that speccing into all the dps over time is going to be bad because it would drop your dps on your main hits and leave you very vulnerable. I'd rather do 100k dps immediately rather than over a few seconds. When you're up close and personal with shield charge, you can't wait for DOT to do the work. I guess you could shield charge away and hope things die, but that doesn't work for bosses.

If you get a POB up for a bleed version, I'd be interested to see it. The build always has a little bleed on the edges, but it's never been the main course.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info