[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

I plowed sirus last night, and facetanked minotaur. I just killed veritania in 4 seconds. (I'm at atlas level 5 though, not the full 8).

I feel like this build is a little slower at screenclearing than other ranger builds, but its boss damage, and survivability is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher
"
Iceman7509 wrote:
Just wanted to say that I really like this build. I have played many Ranger builds over the last few years, but most of them lack in survivability. Damage and map clear are great, but once you get hit hard you often just die.

Not with this one though. Just cleared a Harbinger Delve Node which gave me headaches even with my Marauder, which has up to 19K ES. Haven't done Sirus yet with this Build, but I'm pretty confident that he won't be any problem at all.

Looking forward to any updates you might still have in the pipeline.

With the change to Ice Crash conversion and removal of phys reduction from Steelskin, taking 2 points out of Winter Spirit to help Oak seems like the play.

Also looking at some of the new keystones but they aren't working correctly in PoB yet.

Glad you're enjoying the build!
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Last edited by Velyna on Jun 24, 2020, 6:24:57 PM
How much currency would you suggest saving up before switching from frost blades to hollow palm/ice crash? I'm level 80 with a few ex saved up but I still need quite a few more it seems.
"
How much currency would you suggest saving up before switching from frost blades to hollow palm/ice crash? I'm level 80 with a few ex saved up but I still need quite a few more it seems.

All you need to get started is the One With nothing jewel, the other slots can be high DEX rares.
Last edited by Velyna on Jun 25, 2020, 2:40:51 AM
"

the build costs like nothing....... aside from One with Nothing :)
the uniques for the build are affordable. some not as much at start of league, but again, none of them will cost as much as the jewel....
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
Should i change frost blades for ice crash even before get one with nothing?? or change only when get it?? and how should be the ice crash links? thx
"
andrelb1 wrote:
Should i change frost blades for ice crash even before get one with nothing?? or change only when get it?? and how should be the ice crash links? thx

Ice Crash doesn't start to feel good until you get tons of attack speed, I stick with Frost Blades.
Last edited by Velyna on Jun 25, 2020, 12:37:53 PM
Finally, a question I feel qualified to comment on!

I'm level 88, still no OwN, and have been using Ice Crash since unlocking it at level 28. While OP is obviously the expert and I think she's right about the attack speed, you can get adequate attack speed for Ice Crash to be an effective skill without the Jewel. I'm easily coasting through white maps and can beat yellow with a little care; I assume that switching to Frost Blades would not enable red maps for me.

IMO it mostly comes down to the following-frost blades will be better for clear, but Ice Crash is better for bosses.
"
omniarcan wrote:
Finally, a question I feel qualified to comment on!

I'm level 88, still no OwN, and have been using Ice Crash since unlocking it at level 28. While OP is obviously the expert and I think she's right about the attack speed, you can get adequate attack speed for Ice Crash to be an effective skill without the Jewel. I'm easily coasting through white maps and can beat yellow with a little care; I assume that switching to Frost Blades would not enable red maps for me.

IMO it mostly comes down to the following-frost blades will be better for clear, but Ice Crash is better for bosses.

This sums it up nicely.
I have a question as to what 6l gem setup we are supposed to use? In the guide you have 1 thing then if I look at your character profile you have another gem setup. Does it matter what setup we use?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info