[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

Hi Velyna, first of all thank you for your guide, which helps me go all the way to red map with ease.

However, currently at T16 maps or harder, I've faced an issue that I died frequently (sometimes mobs and sometimes boss) and I did not have enough damage to kill or freeze the stronger boss (e.g. guardians).
I have ~4900 life, capped elemental resistance (76,77,76) and actually some chaos resistance too (currently at -13%).
I use iron reflexes so I have no evasion but ~12000 armour = 76% physical damage reduction while stationary.

For defence:
I take Iron reflexes as it feels like it's more safe and with molten shell it feels bit more tanky than evasion + armour. (My computer sometimes are a bit laggy so I can't safely dodge all mobs' and boss' attacks). Would it be better if I go back to evasion route?

Also, I can't reach the high amount of evasion and armour in your POB with/without Iron reflex, so it would be best if you can shed some light on it too, thanks.

For offensive:
On the other hand, I have got ~2ex currency, but I have lost my direction in upgrading.
Let me walk you (or anyone wanna help) through my thinking process.

Cluster Jewel is the most obvious upgrade, but I don't have many free passive points unless I refund some of them (~9-10 points)
(Blinding and some life node? But then I will die even more easily).

Supreme ego is another damage booster but I haven't got the currency for enlighten support yet, while again I don't have many free passive points if going for some mana reservation node.

Watcher's eye is an upgrade too but I'm not sure should I invest half of my currency into it as it does not seems affect a lot.

Unnatural instinct can free me 1-2 passive points and get more stats but its too expensive.

Also, for With panopticon I can go multiple totem support to get some more damage boost, but I think not always I have the chance to put down two totems. Discipline and training is just life boost and I think armour/evasion or damage upgrade are better for my character. Therefore do you have any suggestion for anointment too? Thanks

Appreciates with any help. Thanks!
POB link: https://pastebin.com/1vGWGgLn

Last edited by hkwind on Nov 22, 2021, 10:44:20 AM
i'm at the samed spot as you are, help is really needed :)

This build is amazing !
Just reached maps on this build. Level 72 and able to clear red maps with ~1 death and I don't have my endgame rings/jewels yet so needless to say, build is great! I'd imagine the build will be a bit squishy in Scourge but that seems more of a function of Scourge and less of the build itself.

The PoB suggests the following 4 Ascendancy choices:

1. Way of the Poacher (+1 frenzy charge, frenzy charge on hit)
2. Rapid Assault (Onslaught)
3. Quartz Infusion (Phasing, spell suppression)
4. Avatar of the veil (avoid ele ailments, exposure on enemies)

For my build, I chose not to spec 'Rapid Assault' and instead specced 'Avatar of the Slaughter' (damage, AS, movespeed, evasion per frenzy charge). I chose this as I felt the dmg bonus would outweigh the loss of constant MS from the perma onslaught and I can get onslaught from other sources.

Is this viable? It has felt good so far and I've invested some skill pts in the +frenzy charge passives. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something really critical about Rapid Assault.

Thanks so much for the build - it is fun zipping around and blowing shit up with freeze.

"
Just reached maps on this build. Level 72 and able to clear red maps with ~1 death and I don't have my endgame rings/jewels yet so needless to say, build is great! I'd imagine the build will be a bit squishy in Scourge but that seems more of a function of Scourge and less of the build itself.

The PoB suggests the following 4 Ascendancy choices:

1. Way of the Poacher (+1 frenzy charge, frenzy charge on hit)
2. Rapid Assault (Onslaught)
3. Quartz Infusion (Phasing, spell suppression)
4. Avatar of the veil (avoid ele ailments, exposure on enemies)

For my build, I chose not to spec 'Rapid Assault' and instead specced 'Avatar of the Slaughter' (damage, AS, movespeed, evasion per frenzy charge). I chose this as I felt the dmg bonus would outweigh the loss of constant MS from the perma onslaught and I can get onslaught from other sources.

Is this viable? It has felt good so far and I've invested some skill pts in the +frenzy charge passives. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something really critical about Rapid Assault.

Thanks so much for the build - it is fun zipping around and blowing shit up with freeze.

The only thing is you lose the conditional armour/evasion boost from Graceful Assault, it's fine if you don't care about that.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Last edited by Velyna on Nov 22, 2021, 7:05:51 PM
"
hkwind wrote:
Hi Velyna, first of all thank you for your guide, which helps me go all the way to red map with ease.

However, currently at T16 maps or harder, I've faced an issue that I died frequently (sometimes mobs and sometimes boss) and I did not have enough damage to kill or freeze the stronger boss (e.g. guardians).
I have ~4900 life, capped elemental resistance (76,77,76) and actually some chaos resistance too (currently at -13%).
I use iron reflexes so I have no evasion but ~12000 armour = 76% physical damage reduction while stationary.

As an update, I've research on some possibilities on dual wield block, which has unsatisfactory result in POB.

Eventually, I went for evasion + armour route, i.e. dropping iron reflexes and replace molten shell with immortal call. I also respec some passive point to use cluster jewel, which feels good in damage and enduring composure adds a little bit of tankiness with the endurance charge.

Another changes are in flasks, where I added a jade flask and a Atziri's Promise. I set my Taste of Hate flask as "Use when I hit rare or unique enemy" and those two flask mentioned above as "Use when adjacent flask is used". Less button to press and also higher survivability. Jade flask and Lion Roar flask is important for building up more evasion / armour.
OK up to 93, max spell dodge and iron reflex with about 70 to 80% phy mit on t16s, contemplateing duel aura set up with purity of ele, then get a chaos res watcher eye, 100% think I can save a few passives and obtain better defenses while zooming faster, the phasing flask is far easier to maintain then the onslaught.

So would take both frenzy and onslaught, exposer can be covered on the cluster jewel, ele res chaos res and ailments immunity is coved by purity vs 3 points and 2 acdency. Will make the changes at 95 and get back to the post. With results.
Very nice build
Nice build overall.Currently farming nem3 Tropical islands with some juice.
This is my version of it. https://pastebin.com/fnZmXREy
best dex builds, have 2k dexs, thx Velyna ♥

Улыбкой демона мне мозг порви.
В коньяк, любовь и кокаин меня макни.
Would this work in endless heist at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info