[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
lost_aura wrote:
How is this build holding up in 250+ stack t16s? My CB KB glad and skelly mage handles it fine, necro obv way tankier, but looking for next build. Is there enough defense on this build or is it just glass cannon kill or be killed with evasion/spell suppression yolo?

I'm playing the ground slam version of this and its pretty good imo, main difference in defenses here would be freeze instead of overleech.

Both have fort and massive evasion + the option to go Iron Reflexes with molten shell. Plus either 100% suppression or ~70% spell dodge whichever you want it's pretty flexible.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
"
Averei wrote:
"
TiredLounge wrote:
Running this and having lots of fun with it. I don't understand how the build keeps up onslaught or how it doesn't run out of mana. :(

Hey! You should be running a silver flask & taking Graceful assault for onslaught. You should also allocate the first leech node on the wheel to the left of Graceful assault for mana leech :).

Thank you! :>

I really appreciate it, it feels a lot better now.

I think the only other big question I have for the build is that it feels like my immortal call gem isn't proccing? I'm not sure how to double check this or know what's up but the cost is 30 mana and I have 65 reserved so shouldn't it be okay?

Thank you for any help you can give here :)
"
TiredLounge wrote:
"
Averei wrote:
"
TiredLounge wrote:
Running this and having lots of fun with it. I don't understand how the build keeps up onslaught or how it doesn't run out of mana. :(

Hey! You should be running a silver flask & taking Graceful assault for onslaught. You should also allocate the first leech node on the wheel to the left of Graceful assault for mana leech :).

Thank you! :>

I really appreciate it, it feels a lot better now.

I think the only other big question I have for the build is that it feels like my immortal call gem isn't proccing? I'm not sure how to double check this or know what's up but the cost is 30 mana and I have 65 reserved so shouldn't it be okay?

Thank you for any help you can give here :)

The CWDT puts a multiplier on it, try removing Increased Duration from the setup and testing. You can even put Inspiration there instead to further lower cost.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
"
Velyna wrote:
"
lost_aura wrote:
How is this build holding up in 250+ stack t16s? My CB KB glad and skelly mage handles it fine, necro obv way tankier, but looking for next build. Is there enough defense on this build or is it just glass cannon kill or be killed with evasion/spell suppression yolo?

I'm playing the ground slam version of this and its pretty good imo, main difference in defenses here would be freeze instead of overleech.

Both have fort and massive evasion + the option to go Iron Reflexes with molten shell. Plus either 100% suppression or ~70% spell dodge whichever you want it's pretty flexible.

Thanks. I jumped in and am gearing up. Have a large cluster and megalomaniac waiting on more levels. At this point upgrades would be a dex % neck. Obviously with unleveled gems and at lvl 80, my biggest upgrade is experience, but I'm already sitting on ~2-3m damage. My biggest issue is projectiles/scourge - going magebane is nice to reach 100% spell suppression but it cuts my evasion from 65% to 45% or so, which is just too low without other defensives for when the hits come through. How are people mitigating projectiles here?
I'm leveling frost blades currently and struggling to keep my strength high enough to use some red gems. Specifically steelskin with CWDT, you need a whopping 83 str and you get no strength at all for this build from the tree while leveling. How do you accomodate for this?

I've been buying Agate amulets (because I need int too) and trying to find good rare rings with stats but it's really difficult for someone who is league starting with this build. Any advice?
"
Karved wrote:
I'm leveling frost blades currently and struggling to keep my strength high enough to use some red gems. Specifically steelskin with CWDT, you need a whopping 83 str and you get no strength at all for this build from the tree while leveling. How do you accomodate for this?

I've been buying Agate amulets (because I need int too) and trying to find good rare rings with stats but it's really difficult for someone who is league starting with this build. Any advice?

I assume you are league starting late? If not, there is zero reason not to level this with one with nothing and just rush dex/cluster node and call it a day. You can rush to maps in 4 hours with smite and delete every boss in 2 clicks. I really wouldn't spend a lot of time or effort investing in STR in a dex stacking build. Level strength gems to whatever you can and proceed on to maps.
"
I assume you are league starting late? If not, there is zero reason not to level this with one with nothing and just rush dex/cluster node and call it a day.

Yeah, I'm league starting late. Started with a divine ire totem hiero but ended up not liking it so I'm rerolling this. Only have a Tabula Rasa and 2 chaos to my name currently lol

I've been having a really smooth leveling experience so far with this build (only level 54ish) but it looks like this build can be kind of unique-heavy once I'm into maps so I'm worried about the investment there. Can frost blades carry me that far with rares until I get one with nothing and the other pieces? The build guide kind of doesn't dive into transitioning from frost blades into hollow palm ice crash well so I'm curious about the order of upgrades.
Last edited by Karved on Nov 11, 2021, 11:56:16 AM
"
Karved wrote:
"
I assume you are league starting late? If not, there is zero reason not to level this with one with nothing and just rush dex/cluster node and call it a day.

Yeah, I'm league starting late. Started with a divine ire totem hiero but ended up not liking it so I'm rerolling this. Only have a Tabula Rasa and 2 chaos to my name currently lol

I've been having a really smooth leveling experience so far with this build (only level 54ish) but it looks like this build can be kind of unique-heavy once I'm into maps so I'm worried about the investment there. Can frost blades carry me that far with rares until I get one with nothing and the other pieces? The build guide kind of doesn't dive into transitioning from frost blades into hollow palm ice crash well so I'm curious about the order of upgrades.

The transition from frost blades to ice crash shouldn't take much changes to the tree, and you should be orienting toward the ice crash tree as you level or as you get closer to maps or as you prepare to transition. All you really need to start mapping with ice crash is one with nothing and enough res to be capped for white and yellow maps (may want to avoid scourge until you have the damage and move speed to stay safe).

One with nothing is 40c, so you'll just need to grind up to that, and a 5l wildwrap is fine to start on which is probably free. You can start with a starkonja over fractal thoughts and you want to get the boots asap. If frost blades is working I would probably delay the transition until you have some of the key uniques (one with nothing, fractal, boots). Giving up 3 gear slots (weapons, gloves) with no money is gonna be hard on your life and resists if you have no currency to resolve it in 3 slots (rings, belt).

I highly recommend the onslaught nodes for raider over phasing this league. My gear is hardly min-maxed and I'm not even level 90, but this level of gear is hitting 200 stacks in t14s+ - you just better not stop moving!
Thanks so much for the reply! I'll definitely take your advice to heart, and this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I enjoy frost blades as a skill anyways so I'm not against delaying the transition. I'll just have to make good use of that chaos recipe : - )
Also note the div card for one with nothing are way cheaper than the jewel I got mine for 14c total and hit reduce chance toe stunned on the corrrupt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info