3.10 Low Cost Spark/EK Scion Herald Stack - CI - 2.5k ES Regen - All content viable

"
hakejam wrote:
Switched over from a Guardian. Spent another 15ex on "upgrades". I realize that I'm behind 4 levels, but it doesn't feel as good as the Guardian. The Scion is MUCH faster but I die way more often. Single target also feels much worse.

POB: https://pastebin.com/7DzWbvEW

Have another 30ex to invest. Appreciate any advice!

You currently have 1 useless Heraldry notable, swapping that to a purposeful harbinger replenishing presence will be an increase in your damage, energy shield, and regeneration.
I would swap out the endbringer/heraldry jewel you have to do this.

As far as your single target damage, work smite in somewhere and use it on bosses to get a nice chunk of lightning damage increase.

For further investment, consider cobalts with mana reserve and max energy shield for when you get to more jewel sockets so you can fit in more auras.
Last edited by Spazmatazz on May 13, 2020, 6:25:14 PM
After looking at the 115ex budget PoB, I have a question:

Regarding the 8 or so ES Cobalt jewels corrupted with Reduced Mana Reserved, are we assuming those are manually corrupted or bought directly from trade? Those jewels are actually quite expensive on trade, average around 4-5ex each. I don't see how we can fit the entire setup that into 115ex budget if we need to spend 30-40ex just on those jewels.

Granted ES jewels aren't completely mandatory for the build to function, however all up they add around 1k ES to the build which is pretty nice for survivability.
"
scrambled777 wrote:
After looking at the 115ex budget PoB, I have a question:

Regarding the 8 or so ES Cobalt jewels corrupted with Reduced Mana Reserved, are we assuming those are manually corrupted or bought directly from trade? Those jewels are actually quite expensive on trade, average around 4-5ex each. I don't see how we can fit the entire setup that into 115ex budget if we need to spend 30-40ex just on those jewels.

Granted ES jewels aren't completely mandatory for the build to function, however all up they add around 1k ES to the build which is pretty nice for survivability.

A mix of both. For the budget I corrupted all cobalts until I had enough.
For the 115 ex budget I rerolled cobalts until they had any sort of energy shield and then corrupted.
When I wrote this the other day they were sitting at 2.5ish ex each for what I was searching for to verify costs as well.

You can also augment with + flat ES Abyssal jewels with reduced mana reserved. They are around half the cost of cobalts.
Last edited by Spazmatazz on May 14, 2020, 3:53:25 PM
quick question, what is the difference between spark herald and ek?
115ex PoB looks like 215+ in current DSC prices
"
zxfx wrote:

Yea the prices spiked SIGNIFICANTLY since I wrote the guide a few days ago. I'll have to see if I can rework it a bit.
"
buckwildg wrote:
quick question, what is the difference between spark herald and ek?

You can do this same build as either spell.
EK uses

EK - Spell Echo - Arcane Surge - Cold Penetration - Controlled Destruction - Inspiration
"
Spazmatazz wrote:
"
zxfx wrote:

Yea the prices spiked SIGNIFICANTLY since I wrote the guide a few days ago. I'll have to see if I can rework it a bit.

I bought pretty much all the gear but am missing half of the ES/reduced reservation Cobalt jewels. Probably spent around 130-140ex and once I get those jewels it will probably be around 160ex+ in total expenditure.

I'd say trying to get ES on those corrupted Cobalt jewels stretches the budget a lot. If you can get generic reduced mana reserved rare jewels with junk stats, you can probably fit it into 115ex budget but you'll be missing about 1k ES compared to the PoB.
"
scrambled777 wrote:
"
Spazmatazz wrote:
"
zxfx wrote:

I bought pretty much all the gear but am missing half of the ES/reduced reservation Cobalt jewels. Probably spent around 130-140ex and once I get those jewels it will probably be around 160ex+ in total expenditure.

I'd say trying to get ES on those corrupted Cobalt jewels stretches the budget a lot. If you can get generic reduced mana reserved rare jewels with junk stats, you can probably fit it into 115ex budget but you'll be missing about 1k ES compared to the PoB.

I found slightly better success with looking for flat ES + mana reserve Abyssal jewels. You wind up with slightly less ES overall, but they cost less.
Let me start by saying how amazing is this build, I am using the 115 ex POB pastebin, which roughly cost me around 120ex. It has insanely high damage, much more than I thought I would of had from the start.

I also noticed how high the physical damage reduction is, at first I was a bit shaky, but once i got enough clusters and mana reserve to put all 18 buffs/auras, the build becomes much more powerful and easier to use.

Well done mate, hope to see more builds from you soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info