[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
Justifi3d wrote:

hmmm, interesting

i can only think of one possibility, that is that Desecrate spawns inactive corpses, when you use spell cascade you would still have a limit of using up to 10 with any given skill, but after you use up those 10, the other "excess" corpses that spawned would then become active for usage

because there is no other reason outside of a pure bug too explain what is happening in practice, when on paper it shouldn't, especially if you use awakened spell cascade in your main links, there would be no corpses left for detonate dead, even with the new +2 node since volatile would use 15

I think its more simple. Every projectile from an attack supported by barrage support checks if a spell can trigger. The cooldown will be respected of course.
Last edited by zzang on Jun 19, 2020, 3:37:48 AM
A.. ehh.. friend of mine is thinking about playing this build but he doesn't know how the 75% block and spell block is achieved. He couldn't find it in the first and last couple of pages so if anyone can help him out he will appreciate it! :)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
A.. ehh.. friend of mine is thinking about playing this build but he doesn't know how the 75% block and spell block is achieved. He couldn't find it in the first and last couple of pages so if anyone can help him out he will appreciate it! :)

He could definetly find it! I call liar.

Check PoB Community Fork and the pastebin profile.

Type in search: Block

Rest is from Rumi Flask + Bone Offering, wearing a shield etc.
Last edited by affenflail on Jun 19, 2020, 3:48:08 AM
"
zzang wrote:
"
Justifi3d wrote:

hmmm, interesting

i can only think of one possibility, that is that Desecrate spawns inactive corpses, when you use spell cascade you would still have a limit of using up to 10 with any given skill, but after you use up those 10, the other "excess" corpses that spawned would then become active for usage

because there is no other reason outside of a pure bug too explain what is happening in practice, when on paper it shouldn't, especially if you use awakened spell cascade in your main links, there would be no corpses left for detonate dead, even with the new +2 node since volatile would use 15

I think its more simple. Every projectile from an attack supported by barrage support checks if a spell can trigger. The cooldown will be respected of course.

hmm so you're saying the first projectile would trigger desecrate - vd then just before attack ends another projectile would trigger desecrate again? but wouldn't then vd eat the corpses first again?

also i just went and did some testing and think that vd just might be bugged, for some reason the number of balls i spawn is very inconsistent, from 3 to 9, often not using the maximum available amount of corpses
IGN JustifiedF
"
Justifi3d wrote:

hmm so you're saying the first projectile would trigger desecrate - vd then just before attack ends another projectile would trigger desecrate again? but wouldn't then vd eat the corpses first again?

also i just went and did some testing and think that vd just might be bugged, for some reason the number of balls i spawn is very inconsistent, from 3 to 9, often not using the maximum available amount of corpses

Well i think it has to do with triggering order but i doubt its the order of gem sockets. You might ask Mark for clarification.

Also try your testing with Awakened Spell Cascade. Your results will be more consistent.
Last edited by zzang on Jun 19, 2020, 4:07:37 AM
I receive an error message on the PoB tool when importing the build.

Is there an updated version?
"
Skempi wrote:
I receive an error message on the PoB tool when importing the build.

Is there an updated version?

Yes, its fully updated and working.

You are probably not using the community fork and ignored the information in bolt letters above the PoB in the Build section. Please read the information and refer to question No. 7 in the FAQ.

Thank You.
Last edited by zzang on Jun 19, 2020, 4:49:51 AM
How easy/mistake forgiving is the sirus fight with this build? I know single target dps isnt that great, all i care is a easy as possible sirus fight. Block is pretty useleas against sirus i think?
"
Enterich wrote:
How easy/mistake forgiving is the sirus fight with this build? I know single target dps isnt that great, all i care is a easy as possible sirus fight. Block is pretty useleas against sirus i think?

Check the video section. Single Target dps 4 seconds Sirus last phase down.
Not sure what you mean by "single target dps isnt that great"?

We have huge amounts of regeneration up to 2000 with new tree, Essence Glutton and Flasks up. Plus block greatly helps in that fight.

Ever did Sirus before? If not i recommend going for Spellslinger because its easy game.

Read the FAQ section first before starting.
Why do you think single target dps isn't that great?

Sirus 1-8?

Why shouldn't block be usefull? Didn't you watched the last league?

Why do you questioning your own questions and awaiting answer on it, when you aren't sure yourself?

Fragen über Fragen.
Last edited by affenflail on Jun 19, 2020, 5:02:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info