[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

With Undertaker I had 890k average hit for VD, when I removed it and reworked my jewel/points I get 1.1mil average hit for VD so whatever corpses I lost will be worth it.
Note that by increasing my dps I also lost 600 ES, which gives me right now 8.2k EHP. I still managed to do sirus with 1 death (standing in shit too long) but he died much quicker.

https://pastebin.com/BgWpTpcq
Last edited by ntpphong on Aug 1, 2020, 5:34:15 AM
Can someone explain how CDR works in this build and how it scales? Just wondering if there is any other enchant that I could use. Also with this helmet I should get belt and boots as well co hit 52% CDR? If my CDR is for example at 48% because of lack of stats on boots then it will scale the same?

I don't know this mechanic and I couldn't find any explanation for this

Ok, I manage to have a quite nice belt and really good helmet. CDR is now at 50%. I will try to get more on my boots right now and roll better stats on belt as well. But still I want to know how CDR works here hehe

Also should I enchant my Wand with Quality does not increase its physical damage and, grants 1% Elemental Damage per 2% Quality?

Last edited by mefistofx on Aug 1, 2020, 8:26:32 AM
Is there any gloves enchantment you would recommend?
I just figured out something to greatly boost DPS for those using CDR enchantment, Dash + Second Wind, and Herald of Ash + Blood Magic (like I did) in the Harvest league. It revolves mainly around being able to fit Arcane Surge into setup - if you were using Flame Dash instead of Dash, then you probably had it linked already, so you won't get this DPS boost I'm talking about. But you could still do the following changes, as they will give you better mobility, because they will allow you to start using Dash + Second Wind instead of Flame Dash, and that combo is, in my opinion, much better for movement).

If you're like me, you can use one of the new medium cluster notables called Self-Control. It reduces Discipline mana reservation by 30%. It will free some life - funnily, it's just enough to link Desecrate + Spell Cascade + Spellslinger with Blood Magic Support.

By doing so you will also free mana that can be used to maintain Herald of Ash without problem, so you can remove Blood Magic Support from Herald of Ash and instead use that socket to link Dash + Second Wind with Arcane Surge. As I said, if you were using Flame Dash instead of Dash, you probably already had it linked with Arcane Surge, but following the above steps should make you able to switch to Dash + Second Wind, which in my opinion is far superior and much smoother than plain Flame Dash.

But wait, there's more. By doing so WE DON'T EVEN NEED REDUCED MANA RESERVATION RINGS!

How cool is that, huh? :)
Last edited by DevolayS on Aug 1, 2020, 12:44:03 PM
"
I just figured out something to greatly boost DPS for those using CDR enchantment, Dash + Second Wind, and Herald of Ash + Blood Magic (like I did) in the Harvest league. It revolves mainly around being able to fit Arcane Surge into setup, so if you were using Flame Dash instead, you probably had it linked already. Dash only shines while supported by Second Wind, so if you were using Flame Dash you won't get this DPS boost. But you could still do it, as it will give you better mobility (Dash + Second Wind is better than Flame Dash, but you could also use the socket we're about to free for something else)

If you're like me, you can use one of the new medium cluster notables called Self-Control. It reduces Discipline mana reservation by 30%. It will free some life - funnily, it's just enough to link Desecrate + Spell Cascade + Spellslinger with Blood Magic Support.

By doing so you will also free mana that can be used to maintain Herald of Ash without problem, so you can remove Blood Magic Support from Herald of Ash and instead use that socket to link Dash + Second Wind with Arcane Surge. As I said, if you were using Flame Dash instead of Dash, you probably already had it linked with Arcane Surge, but following the above steps should make you able to switch to Dash + Second Wind, which in my opinion is far superior and much smoother than plain Flame Dash.

But wait, there's more. By doing so WE DON'T EVEN NEED REDUCED MANA RESERVATION RINGS!

How cool is that, huh? :)

Thank you for this contribution!

Can you may provide a before & after PoB to show the results?

Thank you a lot in advance.
Last edited by zzang on Aug 1, 2020, 10:04:22 AM
Changed a bit now & im realy happy , everything is 1Tap in a 2Man grp :-)
Had a retired low life mfer and turned her into that build . Surelly a nice one .

Heres the curent gear

IGN = Tominsideeeee

Is anyone farming 100% delirious beyond/nemesis maps? Most of my deaths are from some weird interaction with the beyond portals on the ground (the bleeding demon mouth things) that are preventing my VD/DD from going off. Does anyone know if there is a specific interaction causing this, or is it a bug?

Basically if your 'casting' on these tiles with awakened spell cascade, your middle desecrate does not cast, and your side ones mostly do not cast as well. What ends up happening is you only are able to spawn 1-2 VD balls per trigger that are far away enough from these portals. Combined with proximity shields forcing you to a certain location, this becomes extremely frustrating because you just randomly start not being able to cast.

Theres also not an easy way to avoid this as the beyond portals are EVERYWHERE (that's half the point of the map) and you can't see them between the high mob density, mob spells, and your VD balls flying around. Only thing i've been able to do is just dash around hoping i end up somewhere I can cast again before I die due to lack of leech. This is especially bad if you're in a narrow hall and don't really have many options. Behind you are the portals since thats where you killed the mobs, and infront of you are 100s of mobs you need to dash through so you can cast.
Last edited by linstaaar on Aug 1, 2020, 11:43:25 AM
"
zzang wrote:

Thank you for this contribution!

Can you may provide a before & after PoB to show the results?

Thank you a lot in advance.

Sure thing. :)

This one is before changes (lv 98):
https://pastebin.com/EXcYMAxW

And this one is after (lv 98):
https://pastebin.com/sJNpsVA7

By fitting in Arcane Surge and changing ring to a more offensive one (increased fire dmg instead of reduced mana reserved) my damage on DD increased from 570k to 700k. Still managed to make all resists equal, and chaos res is still capped. Now that I have str on rings I could take another pair of boots with fire resistance instead of strength, and then probably could drop fire resistance ring for a full damage one. At 99 I can take Stalwart Commander for 300 more ES (8100 -> 8400). +2 shavs would increase the damage displayed to 800k. +3 shavs and +2 shield would increase it to almost 900k. Perfect wand and increased critical strike chance zealotry watcher's eye would increase it even further. Instead of taking Throatseeker one may choose to take another Stalwart Commander for extra 300 ES, but that 52% crit multiplier is so juicy I had to take it. And there is also still some room for ES on belt/boots. Probably won't be able to hit 10k though.
"
mefistofx wrote:
Can someone explain how CDR works in this build and how it scales? Just wondering if there is any other enchant that I could use. Also with this helmet I should get belt and boots as well co hit 52% CDR? If my CDR is for example at 48% because of lack of stats on boots then it will scale the same?

I don't know this mechanic and I couldn't find any explanation for this

Ok, I manage to have a quite nice belt and really good helmet. CDR is now at 50%. I will try to get more on my boots right now and roll better stats on belt as well. But still I want to know how CDR works here hehe

Also should I enchant my Wand with Quality does not increase its physical damage and, grants 1% Elemental Damage per 2% Quality?

your gem Spellslinger has 19-20% CDR.
you need 52% CDR or the next step is 69%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info