[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
I just figured out something to greatly boost DPS for those using CDR enchantment, Dash + Second Wind, and Herald of Ash + Blood Magic (like I did) in the Harvest league. It revolves mainly around being able to fit Arcane Surge into setup, so if you were using Flame Dash instead, you probably had it linked already. Dash only shines while supported by Second Wind, so if you were using Flame Dash you won't get this DPS boost. But you could still do it, as it will give you better mobility (Dash + Second Wind is better than Flame Dash, but you could also use the socket we're about to free for something else)

If you're like me, you can use one of the new medium cluster notables called Self-Control. It reduces Discipline mana reservation by 30%. It will free some life - funnily, it's just enough to link Desecrate + Spell Cascade + Spellslinger with Blood Magic Support.

By doing so you will also free mana that can be used to maintain Herald of Ash without problem, so you can remove Blood Magic Support from Herald of Ash and instead use that socket to link Dash + Second Wind with Arcane Surge. As I said, if you were using Flame Dash instead of Dash, you probably already had it linked with Arcane Surge, but following the above steps should make you able to switch to Dash + Second Wind, which in my opinion is far superior and much smoother than plain Flame Dash.

But wait, there's more. By doing so WE DON'T EVEN NEED REDUCED MANA RESERVATION RINGS!

How cool is that, huh? :)

I did the swap even I can't afford a buff effect/fire dmg right now so i lose bit of crit but dash feels so much better than flame dash that's totally worth it.

Thanks man

Edit: the new setups
Last edited by sanleon on Aug 1, 2020, 12:34:59 PM
"
sanleon wrote:
I did the swap even I can't afford a buff effect/fire dmg right now so i lose bit of crit but dash feels so much better than flame dash that's totally worth it.

Thanks man

I'm glad to hear that! :D Stay safe, exile. :)
"
"
sanleon wrote:

Thanks man

I'm glad to hear that! :D Stay safe, exile. :)

Here is a little video I made showing how the dash is much better than flame dash.
I have Spellslinger mana reserve enchant so I don't have to worry about blood magic.

https://pastebin.com/zu4CXtkT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZTLG4FYx0

This is how mapping looks like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAb7N7XdJ7k
Last edited by ntpphong on Aug 1, 2020, 3:07:15 PM
Yup, the big issue with flame dash is subsequent casts rely on cast speed which we don't use. So when you are chaining them they have a cast time in-between. Also, flame dash has a longer cooldown recovery but holds 3 charges. This makes dash better in combat and over longer distances. The only real benefits flame dash has is not needing second wind and a longer range especially since we can't level dash all the way due to dex requirements. Switching over to dash is pretty night and day.
Last edited by linstaaar on Aug 1, 2020, 2:50:33 PM
Made a new sexy Belt today, what u think? :p

"
Nallyr wrote:
Made a new sexy Belt today, what u think? :p

Wow how do you craft that 😀
Why to use "Energy From Within Cobalt Jewel" ... only for the shield?
The place where is used there is no points increasing life.
"
MarvixYo wrote:

Are you sure? I see juicy 25% es and 15% life, meaning 40% es if you place the jewel right where it is, according to the build...

"
"
MarvixYo wrote:

Are you sure? I see juicy 25% es and 15% life, meaning 40% es if you place the jewel right where it is, according to the build...

I saw this, but the jewel will convert the life points to ES points, and those already ES points, this what mean no +life points in the radius.
So after reading you guys in this thread and changing a couple of things in the build i think its pretty damn nice.... Im yet to min max some things like my rings are pretty bad im missing like 150% inc fire damage there lol also i spent like 10 chaos crafting my wand (and the 3 exalts extra from bench)

i will just post a video and my 'final pob', nothing crazy but not cheap neither

100% Delirium map

POB Community Fork

Last edited by sanleon on Aug 2, 2020, 10:43:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info