[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

thank you for this flexible setup!!! the 50 ex helm enchant is ridiculous.
My 2 cents for your feedback post:

Great build. Here's a (semi-scuffed) deathless Sirus A8 kill.

I transitioned over from life based SS VD-DD. Based on my own POB plus now playing both, LL scales better with higher gear. You end up with more DPS (feels most impactful on single target), and arguably better survivability, with higher effective HP and a ton of leech.

A few thoughts on how to make the transition from life to low life:

I would would budget around 15-20ex to get started. Anger or Zealotry reduced mana helm enchant + HOA on blood magic is the best low cost option, IMO.

For gearing, I would recommend trying to snag Crown of Inward Eye with Anger/Zealotry enchant, then you would need Shavs, Prism Guardian, and Chayula's with Charisma annoint as "required" pieces. Sin Trek Boots + Bated Breath give a lot of ES for not a lot of C. They are fairly easy to snipe with top end rolls, if you're patient. Large cluster with at least Thaumophage or Essence Rush are also likely mandatory.

I would also consider going Allira + Commander of Darkness to start out, especially if you take Sin Trek + Bated Breath. This combo will give you a stupid amount of resists, so you can focus early pieces on ES. Without heavy investment into cluster jewels, you would be sitting on 5500-6000 ES, which can get you up and running.

From there, 8000+ ES is not hard to get with cluster jewels and regular jewels. Finally, don't neglect CDR, ideally getting 33% CDR between boots and belt to hit 52% cut-off.
Last edited by FurtiveGadfly on Jul 5, 2020, 10:06:07 PM
"
o0okookii wrote:

But, 50 ex enchant is required to free up socket for Dash + Second Wind + Arcane Surge setup, which is 12% more dmg btw :)
"
zxfx wrote:
"
o0okookii wrote:

But, 50 ex enchant is required to free up socket for Dash + Second Wind + Arcane Surge setup, which is 12% more dmg btw :)

You can use Flame Dash with Arcane Surge, so no need to invest all ur currency into the Helmet Ench. Just check out my league char (:
"
Acardipane wrote:
"
zxfx wrote:
"
o0okookii wrote:

You can use Flame Dash with Arcane Surge, so no need to invest all ur currency into the Helmet Ench. Just check out my league char (:

but I love mobility, 95% of league content is mapping for now, so I use Dash and even took Elusive from tree while I don't have it on boots (or find good Megalomaniac). Can check my league char :)

Of course it’s stupid to save up for enchantment before you have the basic gear, and this is not a mandatory item.
Last edited by zxfx on Jul 5, 2020, 11:19:49 PM

Tell me where to move on. I don’t know how to use craft, and my currency does not farm quickly. Now a little stuck with these things. Thanks
"
FurtiveGadfly wrote:
My 2 cents for your feedback post:

Great build. Here's a (semi-scuffed) deathless Sirus A8 kill.

I transitioned over from life based SS VD-DD. Based on my own POB plus now playing both, LL scales better with higher gear. You end up with more DPS (feels most impactful on single target), and arguably better survivability, with higher effective HP and a ton of leech.

A few thoughts on how to make the transition from life to low life:

I would would budget around 15-20ex to get started. Anger or Zealotry reduced mana helm enchant + HOA on blood magic is the best low cost option, IMO.

For gearing, I would recommend trying to snag Crown of Inward Eye with Anger/Zealotry enchant, then you would need Shavs, Prism Guardian, and Chayula's with Charisma annoint as "required" pieces. Sin Trek Boots + Bated Breath give a lot of ES for not a lot of C. They are fairly easy to snipe with top end rolls, if you're patient. Large cluster with at least Thaumophage or Essence Rush are also likely mandatory.

I would also consider going Allira + Commander of Darkness to start out, especially if you take Sin Trek + Bated Breath. This combo will give you a stupid amount of resists, so you can focus early pieces on ES. Without heavy investment into cluster jewels, you would be sitting on 5500-6000 ES, which can get you up and running.

From there, 8000+ ES is not hard to get with cluster jewels and regular jewels. Finally, don't neglect CDR, ideally getting 33% CDR between boots and belt to hit 52% cut-off.

52% CDR is very important, you'll lose a lot of damage without that, cheap harbinger belt and cheap boots with cdr will be much better than gear which you suggested. Also The Flow Untethered + any shitty sorcerer boots with cdr is about 40-60c total, considering price of the build, it's not that expensive.
Last edited by dtx1212 on Jul 6, 2020, 4:04:55 AM

Hit this the other day, not perfect but seems to do the job. Anyone interested hit me up.
Thoughts on some questions I've been seeing:

1. Glancing Blows is bad for this build. You have over 50% block already thanks to tree and Bone Offering and Rumi's will take you to attack block cap or close to it if you choose to use it = well over 50% damage reduction. Glancing Blows lets 50% of the damage through = effective 37.5% damage reduction. You could make a tree with Thread of Hope grabbing Glancing Blows that takes away 30% of your tankiness and gives you...like 4 points worth in return. Awful trade. Glancing Blows is only good while leveling life version if you're poor and using a generic life on block shield.

2. There are different options for boot crafting depending on whether you care about freeze/chill immunity. Using an Awakener's Orb to put Tailwind and CDR from Hunter and Shaper boots together is the cheapest general way to craft usable boots.

General method for ES boots: Acquire ilvl86 hunter or shaper Sorcerer Boots. If they are super expensive for some reason you can hunter exalt regular ilvl86 sorcerer boots. Get a second pair of boots (type and ilvl don't matter) of the other influence. Get tailwind as the only hunter mod on the hunter boots and CDR as the only shaper mod on the other pair of boots. You can guarantee tailwind on hunter boots with a cheap "reroll an item with a guaranteed crit mod" Harvest craft. Then you use the Awakener's Orb to destroy the generic pair of boots and apply them to your ilvl86 boots of the other influence.

Now you have ilvl86 double influenced Tailwind+CDR suffix boots and can craft from there. There are lots of Harvest craft options depending on what your boots are missing. Usually you will use the Remove Life craft and Add Defense and Remove/Add Defense crafts to hit flat ES and ES% prefixes, depending on what they look like.

3. Torrent's Reclamation belt is really awesome for zipping around. Highly recommend if you don't care too much about your defenses and can get by on your resists. They're 2ex and dropping fast so they're super cheap. Comes with CDR and nothing else but it gives you 20% more action speed almost all of the time, which is a multiplier on your movement speed just like Tailwind (so most of the time with Tailwind you have 30% more action speed.)

4. I've been using Anger mana reservation enchant on Crown of the Inward Eye and it works great. Save the 35ex++ on the expensive helm for something else until you're out of upgrades. You just lose 1 gem slot and ~350hp by going this route and the only other negative is that you can't use Dash + Second Wind + Arcane Surge together. I've been using Flame Dash + Arcane Surge.

You could just remove Arcane Surge altogether and use dash/second wind if you want. It's not like you need the damage. I'm using 1 mod herald of ash rings and my wand is 20% less DPS than a god wand and all regular endgame content bosses insta-phase or insta-die just the same.
Trying to set up the build, problem is I cannot start all my auras. Got the two Spellslingers / Discipline / Anger / Zealotry running, but cannot start Herald Of Ash (it says not enough life).

Can somebody take a look @ my profile and give me some tips?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info