[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

5k life is really low. Like...at 5k life i'd definitely be shoving more hp nodes in than damage nodes.

My build has gotten to the "godlike" state where dying rarely happens anymore (died once on the maven fight with Shaper/elder/cortex/atziri...not sure to what)

rest is straight cruising
"
greenrasp wrote:
I have noticed that armour version of this build is getting more traction now, but people playing it without transcendece and that suprises me.
I'm planning to switch to transcendence when i get every bit of gear i need for that, till that im still playing dodge/evasion build.

So for armor stacking to mitigate physical damage:
While stacking armour gives us more physical defense, we also loose 40% dodge and lots of evasion. We already have lots of physical mitigation due to fortify, and flasks, so im not really sold to armour stacking. I dont see that additional mitigation would make up for the avoidance we loose.
From my testing armour version: Mobs actually were hitting me, and i was taking some damage (usually very small amount, but armour cant reduce 100% of damage), that means i would need some version of sustain - and that i couldnt fix to reasonable level. In the end my conclusion was that while damage taken is less spiky, im forced to use my life flask more often due to the constant drain of my life.
I would appreciate opinions on that subject and potential solutions/tweaks to that problem.

The point of armor stacking is three-fold:
1) Phys damage reduction from hits with high armor. Should pair yourself with Dying Sun for extra fire damage reduction. If needed, Taste of Haste would be good for cold mitigation.
2) Rotation between Molten Shell and Focus. Remember that MS' buble is effectively your second source of raw life. So at 50k armor, you have 10K MS or +10K life on top of what you have.
3) Transition to Transcendence. It looks like since our teaser video and the official guide of the Barrage build, Transcendence build has gained traction (although I'm yet to see any credit to our thread.)
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Im doing a Divine Flesh version of this build.

Is it better to transistion to armour?
Almost there!!! just need to aug life and pray for T1. I bought it at 2ex, 6linked with frenzy on hit - physical taken as cold - endurance charge on hit.

I dumped 32c in divines to get 10% on physical taken as cold mod and I found remove/aug defense to get evasion/life hybrid.

Not bad for a ~200c Investment.

wish me luck!

Last edited by Zyaak2point0 on Jan 29, 2021, 1:08:31 PM
"
H_Espenhein wrote:
Im doing a Divine Flesh version of this build.

Is it better to transistion to armour?

Divine Flesh is not the best for our build since it's inferior to the base evasion/dodge variant, let alone the armor stacking one. Therefore, I'd suggest to transition to armor stacking, and Transcendence later on. :)
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jan 29, 2021, 1:27:26 PM
"
Slottm wrote:
5k life is really low. Like...at 5k life i'd definitely be shoving more hp nodes in than damage nodes.

My build has gotten to the "godlike" state where dying rarely happens anymore (died once on the maven fight with Shaper/elder/cortex/atziri...not sure to what)

Awesome! Gratz! Do you mind capturing and sharing some footage of the Maven encounter as well as mapping juiced t16 maps with us? It'd be great to watch.
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
Slottm wrote:

Awesome! Gratz! Do you mind capturing and sharing some footage of the Maven encounter as well as mapping juiced t16 maps with us? It'd be great to watch.

I Don't mind at all, but I've never recorded or posted footage...not really sure how. If you or anyone wants to walk me through it, I'd be happy to

Why is herald of agony so important. How much damage does the crawler do?
20% chance to poison, 10% MORE poison damage, synergises beautifully with the ring.
Last edited by Slottm on Jan 29, 2021, 2:39:23 PM
"
thegreekgod wrote:
"
PandaSauce0 wrote:
I was wondering if I could do some end-game t16 mapping and farm A8/A9 sirus with decent survivablity and dps on a 50-55ex budget? Otherwise this is a very comprehensive guide and I look forward to building it!

I have spent around 9-11ex on my build i would say, and I just killed all four guardians in Mavens map. I cruise most T16 maps with ease. Even though I get slammed some odd times when i slack too much. With 50ex you should be able to be godly tanky I think.

Thank you for the input! Since I won't be league starting with this I want to jump straight into end game gearing with it but I'm not entirely sure what I should shoot for. I guess I could just jump straight into crafting the end-game pieces and start using the character once I get all the parts ready.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info