[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Hey, @WolfieNa, insanely detailed guide, gj!
Always wanted to play poison build, so i have chosen scourge arrow and your build/guide looks damn solid.
I just wanted to ask, because i was confused slightly, in upcoming league, when i can safely swap to scourge arrow? After buying voltaxic?
Yeah. If you are in trade league, buy a Voltaxic Rift for 1-2c. Note that it requires level 64+.

If you are in SSF, you can farm the Tranquillity cards.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
I'm spending some free time doing some mapping with an explodey chest. I am zoom-zooming thru map like an Iceshoter now.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 4, 2020, 1:18:38 AM
How does this compare to a Chaos TR or CA as a league-starter?
livejamie
For trade league, I personally feel that with Voltaxic Rift + Duskblight, it is much easier to play with Scourge Arrow (see our guide with VR) in the mid-game. Chaos DoT CA/TR is straightforward and has been developed for years both as league starter and serious all-content smashers. For SSF, you can farm for divination card to obtain VR; however, the thicket bow, which non-poison TR uses for the endgame, will be much easier to farm than a fast elder bow for poison build. Poison SA and non-poison TR are very different, so if you like either, just go for it. Non-poison TR is known as a good league starter. Many people have successfully league-started with our poison SA, so there's that. Both are league-starter viable, there's not much more to say about it unless the early-mid game constitutes an overwhelmingly remarkable part of your playing experience or you need to push very fast early on for private league (there're other better builds that do it though).

In addition, our poison build doesn't need Darkscorn nor Divine Flesh as many people have presumed.

On a different note, Darkscorn + Divine Flesh combo is overused and kind of old school. That conventional train of thought has been limiting the potential of Scourge Arrow. From what I observe, the majority of the forums post and youtube guide of Scourge Arrow involve Darkscorn and Divine Flesh, with little to no differentiation compared to Mathil's original post (which was a great one at the time). This build, on the other hand, utilizes the less damage taken and rapid poison by initial arrows clearing concepts, two of which are not dependant on Darkscorn and Divine Flesh (detailed discussion please refer to previous comments). In fact, I didn't even bother to look up for neither Darkscorn nor Glorious Vanity jewel in Harvest. In the mid game, Voltaxic Rift costs just a tiny fraction of Darkscorn, in the early league. In the end game, you can craft rare elder thicket bow for much better DPS and APS (hence higher mobility).

To close this unusual piece of writing, I'd say that our build will one day join the old-school club and obsolete if there is no constant innovation made to it, just like the other ones our build has thrived to surpass. Thankfully, the build has been receiving great ideas for improving our build throughout the leagues. I'd take this chance to say thank you to all people who have played, given feedback, and contributed new ideas to the build.
--
Hey, I've been testing this buid as league starter doing a Harvest SSF run. At this moment I'm level 70 and doing low tier maps, what I've been observing is that Toxic Rain damage is better for bossing (metamorphs, unique bosses and conquerors) when compared to Scourge Arrow, is that what is supposed to happen when we don't have the +1 arrow?

Your build is great, thanks for spending the time to write it.
"
storm_steam wrote:
Hey, I've been testing this buid as league starter doing a Harvest SSF run. At this moment I'm level 70 and doing low tier maps, what I've been observing is that Toxic Rain damage is better for bossing (metamorphs, unique bosses and conquerors) when compared to Scourge Arrow, is that what is supposed to happen when we don't have the +1 arrow

You would need some additional source of flat chaos damage from bow beside the +1 arrow. I would suggest farming for Tranquility cards for Voltaxic Rift (probably in The Ashen Fields). Then taking Herald of Thunder. You would expect to reliably proc shock effect with 5-stage SA.

For gem setup, I think Void manipulation would be better than Deadly Ailment in the early game (for either SA or TR) since it scales both hit/explosion and poison damage.

"

Your build is great, thanks for spending the time to write it.

Thank you for your kind words.
--
@WolfieNa What are your personal opinion when choosing between SA and TR? Which skill are your preferred? Can you write a small comparision between them?
Last edited by encore1809 on Sep 7, 2020, 5:41:19 AM
"
encore1809 wrote:
@WolfieNa What are your personal opinion when choosing between SA and TR? Which skill are your preferred? Can you write a small comparision between them?

Here you are:

(forum doesn't provide tabular format, so I made an image.)

SA is my favorite, but (poison) TR is also very fun to play.
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
encore1809 wrote:

Here you are:

(forum doesn't provide tabular format, so I made an image.)

SA is my favorite, but (poison) TR is also very fun to play.

Tyvm. I asked because i already have 100lvl TR chaos trickster, so i wanted to clarify things about SA being good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info