[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
PsychoPedia wrote:
Hi, really like your guide!

How would you feel about this build for league start? in a SSF like (minimum trade possible) environment?

Thanks!

Thanks.

I league started the build in SC trade. It was quite smooth, esp. after getting a Voltaxic Rift. As I check in poe ninja Harvest, the cos of a V-Rift is 1-2c from early to now, i.e. quite stable. So, there'd be no issue for trade league. I didn't trade much except for the uniques and occasionally some T4 seeds to do build showcase. I received some helps from friends for the (common Harvest) crafts I don't have though.

For SSF, I think how the build feels would be contingent on how early you can access to a V-Rift bow. Poison Elder thicket bow could be a stretch down the road. I don't play SSF, so I'm not quite sure the drop rate for the related divination cards, i.e. Tranquility or Anarchy. In addition, farming for a golden oil to anoint Hardened Scars seems to be non-trivial in SSF.

Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 10, 2020, 11:51:08 AM
"

Attack gem:
Caustic Arrow -> Toxic Rain -> Scourge Arrow (seem to be the community choice), or
Caustic Arrow for mapping and Barrage for boss (what's I'm doing in Harvest league).
Caustic Arrow setup (early): Caustic Arrow - Pierce - Void Manipulation - Vicious Projectiles.
Caustic Arrow setup ((5-link): Caustic Arrow - Lesser multipler projectile - Void Manipulation - Vicious Projectiles - Mirage Archer. (pierce should be provided by Drillneck)
Barrage setup (early): Barrage - Lesser Poison - Faster Attack - Vicious Projectiles/Maim
Barrage setup (5-link): Barrage - Withering Touch - Added Chaos Damage - Vile Toxin - Deadly Ailment/Unbound Ailment/Vicious Projectiles. Should be put on an Embalmer gloves

Hi, great guide and build. Im considering league starting with this in Heist. Could u plz elaborate a little more on the above section. What are the diferences between then and when we should switch. Im thinking lvling with CA + TR until maybe yellow/red maps, then switch to SA when i have the gear for it. Is that right ? There is a optimal attack gem setup or this is just a matter of choice?

TY for this guide, great work!!
Could you give a brief explanation in which scenario IR tree may be better than Acro tree or vice versa once you've graduated beyond Voltaxic?

Also, for IR tree, I noticed there was no Enduring Composure node, was this a deliberate choice? I believe in OP, Enduring Composure was recommended for perma Endurance charges.
"
Hawaianas wrote:
Hi, great guide and build. Im considering league starting with this in Heist. Could u plz elaborate a little more on the above section. What are the diferences between then and when we should switch. Im thinking lvling with CA + TR until maybe yellow/red maps, then switch to SA when i have the gear for it. Is that right ? There is a optimal attack gem setup or this is just a matter of choice?

I think just going toxic rain from moment you can use it, you have one skill that takes care of both aoe and single target. If you are rushing league start, becomes easier to get your links, you want as simple setup as possible.
"
Could you give a brief explanation in which scenario IR tree may be better than Acro tree or vice versa once you've graduated beyond Voltaxic?

The IR tree is my new twist to the build. It allows us to grab Silent Steps. Since we have 6 pods + init arrow, we roll chance to blind with attacks 7 times per one stage-5 SA (equivalently, it's multiple hits and explosion for TR). That guarantees blind on the whole screen. As a result, we can free up the Flesh & Stone/Sand Stand for other herald, e.g. Herald of Thunder for Voltaxic Rift or Herald of Purity for elder bow. Extra armor for a little bit more phys damage reduction (PDR) from IR is welcome. If you prefer, you can equip an Alchemist's Granite/Jade flask for higher PDR.

Acro tree would be better for the situation that you get continuously pounded by fast crazy mobs, i.e. 100% delirium.

"

Also, for IR tree, I noticed there was no Enduring Composure node, was this a deliberate choice? I believe in OP, Enduring Composure was recommended for perma Endurance charges.

Yes, we used Enduring Composure as a cluster jewel in Delirium league. In Harvest league, we can craft Enduring Composure as a chest mod, so it frees up the small cluster jewel node for an additional Fettle/life. However, this mod + -mana cost will become nearly impossible to deterministically craft without Harvest.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 10, 2020, 4:47:56 PM
"
aerial wrote:
"
Hawaianas wrote:

I think just going toxic rain from moment you can use it, you have one skill that takes care of both aoe and single target. If you are rushing league start, becomes easier to get your links, you want as simple setup as possible.

For me, I personally switch to SA as soon as I can equip Voltaxic Rift. Pair it with Herald of Thunder and Duskblight boot.

Edit: this is how it looks doing a white map with a 5-link Voltaxic Rift (before getting Herald of Thunder + 6-link corrupted chest).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Ao6FJaeG8
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 10, 2020, 5:18:33 PM
"
WolfieNa wrote:
Yes, we used Enduring Composure as a cluster jewel in Delirium league. In Harvest league, we can craft Enduring Composure as a chest mod, so it frees up the small cluster jewel node for an additional Fettle/life. However, this mod + -mana cost will become nearly impossible to deterministically craft without Harvest.
The way it sounds, Enduring Composure may be back on the menu.

Ty for all your responses for my barrage of questions.
"
WolfieNa wrote:
For me, I personally switch to SA as soon as I can equip Voltaxic Rift. Pair it with Herald of Thunder and Duskblight boot.

I was mostly referring to stage before voltaxic, so basically leveling through story.
Overall very nice guide, I like it a lot.
What would be cool is to put bit more emphasis on that leveling stage, where lot of ppl leaguestarts with it, and that means 0 gear, basically ssf run, until you buy cheap bow before maps, buy that corrupted 6l chest and so on. If you don't have any leveling uniques, this isn't quite as smooth as some of the proven meta builds ppl are used to level. I personally lack single target damage, rest seems to be fine. Some bosses can take a while.
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
aerial wrote:
"
Hawaianas wrote:

Edit: this is how it looks doing a white map with a 5-link Voltaxic Rift (before getting Herald of Thunder + 6-link corrupted chest).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Ao6FJaeG8

Ty for quick answer!! Prob will try this next league!
"
aerial wrote:
"
WolfieNa wrote:

I was mostly referring to stage before voltaxic, so basically leveling through story.
Overall very nice guide, I like it a lot.
What would be cool is to put bit more emphasis on that leveling stage, where lot of ppl leaguestarts with it, and that means 0 gear, basically ssf run, until you buy cheap bow before maps, buy that corrupted 6l chest and so on. If you don't have any leveling uniques, this isn't quite as smooth as some of the proven meta builds ppl are used to level. I personally lack single target damage, rest seems to be fine. Some bosses can take a while.

Got it, and appreciate the kind words.

What you said is fair and reasonable. The current leveling up from level 0 leaves many to be desired. Admittedly, there's not enough emphasis on the leveling process, except for the PoB of level 1-60. The reason was that I mostly focused on pushing the end-game limit of the builds. In the past year, SA has been considered a niche attack skill, esp. after the elemental stacking nerf. Therefore, it would make more sense to make a case for the build by first showcasing its potential in the end game.

Having said that, I'm on the lookout for improvement for the leveling up section. The Duskblight boot, which is currently used in the Voltaxic Rift PoB, was actually suggested by a community member in a private chat. I'd love to see more community feedbacks and comments on how to make a better leveling guide.

Cheers
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 10, 2020, 9:00:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info