3.10 Impale Power Siphon Champ - 20 Mill Shaper DPS - 2.5K regen - Extremely Tanky

Tanking Shaper slam without Enfeeble or Molten Shell up^

Check out the new melee version of this build here! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2838683

This is a variation of my Zerker power siphon build. The goal here was to get as tanky as possible but still hit 20mill dps. The build is extremely tanky in comparison while only doing 25-30% less damage. It may sound like a lot but being able to face tank things feels great.

Pros:

Extremely tanky
82% Berserk uptime
Very fast clear
Amazing single target

Cons:

Can get very expensive
Doesn't scale well without jewels
Can't do phys reflect

Videos:
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/LIsHxI9SFiI
100% Delirious Juiced T16 Minotaur w/ extra monster damage and boss life

https://youtu.be/9DlYNe25qoM
100% Delirious Juiced T14 Burial Chambers

Full Shaper run: https://youtu.be/S1O4akgB_UI
(purposely tanking shaper beams and slams to show the strength of the build)

Notes: I have no doubts this build can easily do T16 100% Delirium maps. I did a T14 with extra monster damage, less curse effect and less armour in the above video and was still able to facetank Kosis. And still only at 5K life. Just tried it on a t14 first as this was the first 5 orb on this version of the build. I wanted to see what I could get away with. With a few more levels and a better belt the build can easily hit 6K life. Ill be uploading a 5 orb T16 very soon!

PoB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/tw4Q6Z8T
(Current gear but level 96 tree since I'm currently only level 91)

Why Champion?
Spoiler
Champ allows us to have perma fortify as a wander which isn't usually possible. This is 20% less damage taken. On top of this "Onstoppable hero" gives 1000 flat armour AND evasion. We then pick up iron reflexes to convert this all to armour. "Master of Metal" gives us 2 extra impales and flat damage for each impale. This is very strong since we already have +3 to impale from our jewels. This node also gives us another 1000 flat armour. These together provide us with over 13k armour up constantly.

We no longer have the 10% increased damage taken from going zerker, as well as not having the degen from rage. We dont get quite as much warcry effect in total as zerker but still end up with around the same regen. Also because our stun immunity is no longer tied to our rage we are free to pop berserk as often as we want without a downside. I go more into why this is important below.

Concept and Cluster Jewels
Spoiler
I originally started theorycrafting champ because of provocateur jewel. It's worded that enemies taunted by you receive the extra crit chance and damage even if it's not from a warcry. This works well with champions node "Conqueror" providing taunt every time you hit an enemy. This way we can be taunting things even off screen and still benefiting from the crit on our jewels. If you are still using these jewels from the previous build guide I would pick up "Conqueror" over "First to Strike, Last to Fall"

I switched over to running all my warcry jewels with "Cry Wolf" and "Mob Mentality". The reason for this is "Mob Mentality" generates 5 rage every time we warcry. It also allows us to get our cooldown super low on our warcrys. Having this on every medium jewel allows us to generate 30 rage every time we warcry. And our cooldown for enduring cry is 1.49 seconds when linked with second wind. This can effectively out regen the rage degeneration from berserk allowing us to have a 21 second uptime on it. Note that the downtime is under 4 seconds since we also link berserk with second wind. And we will always have 50 rage by the time it comes off cooldown so it's instantly ready to pop for another 21 seconds when it comes back.

"Cry Wolf" counts as having 10 additional nearby enemies for our warcrys. Using 6 of these with a total of 290% increased buff effect causes our Rallying Cry to increase our damage by 440%. This also applies to the damage from explosions caused by our chest piece.

As a duelist we already path over battle cry so there's no need to anoint it on our amulet. This means we can anoint "Disintegration" which gives us 60% crit chance, 30% crit multi and 20 intelligence. The intelligence is nice as this puts our int high enough to where we no longer need to run fertile mind in the right jewel socket. This allows us to use an Intuitive Leap jewel to pick up 30% multi, 10% life and 5% attack speed and accuracy without travel nodes. Alternatively just run a life and crit multi jewel here and still pick up the accuracy cluster (Acuity).

Defenses:
Spoiler
Fortify: 20% Less damage taken + cannot be stunned
Berserk 20% Less Damage taken (82% uptime)
Enfeeble: 25% Less Damage taken (5% Less damage taken vs. Bosses)
Sand Stance: 11% Less damage taken from ranged monsters
Sand Stance: Blind nearby enemies (50% Chance to evade)
Vaal Molten Shell: 8300 Mitigation (20 second duration)
Endurance Charges: 12% phys reduction (100% uptime)
Adrenaline: 10% phys reduction + 25% life recovery + ailment removal
Soul of Solaris: 6% phys reduction with only one nearby enemy
Armour: 13000+
Life Regen: 2500/second
Leech: 1100/second

My Gear:
Spoiler

Explanation of Gear and Gems:
Spoiler

Gloves:
Spoiler
Rallying Cry - Enduring Cry - Second Wind - (Herald of Purity in separate link to not receive mana multi from Second Wind)

We link our warcrys with second wind to generate as much rage as possible to out regen Berserk. Herald of purity can go here in a seperate link if you picked up gloves with +level to duration gems.

Note: Gloves with +level to Aoe, Warcry, or duration gems is beneficial since any of those tags will boost our warcrys which is a main source of our damage. Hands of the high templar gloves are BiS since they can grant potentially up to +6 to our warcrys as well as base crit and a curse. Currently have a +4 pair and when looking for a curse I suggest going with temp chains or enfeeble instead of vulnerability. The reason being that we already have so many "enemies take increased damage" debuffs that vulnerability doesnt buff our damage as much as you would think and having the extra survival is nice since we already do so much damage.

Boots:
Spoiler
Cast when Damage Taken - Molten Shell - Increased Duration - Enhance

We get so much armour in this version of the build that using molten shell gives us huge mitigation. I dropped Vaal haste so we can have as much uptime on vaal molten shell as possible. We use Enhance here to give extra quality to molten shell which increases its duration further. This is nice since it affects both the non vaal version which will be auto triggered from our CWDT, but also the vaal version which we will pop for bosses or harder encounters. This gives us a molten shell lasting almost 7 seconds and our vaal molten shell lasting 20 seconds and granting over 8300 extra mitigation!

Helm:
Spoiler
Berserk - Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Second Wind

We link our berserk here with second wind to get the downtime as low as possible. Flame dash with faster casting and second wind to help get over walls and to have a quick escape from attacks.

Helm with +2 Power Siphon projectiles is BiS. Try to get one with life and int on it. If you have currency to spend try crafting a warlord helmet as they can roll with +1 to power charges or crit multi.

Body Armour:
Spoiler
Power Siphon - Impale - Vicious Proj - Brutality - Maim - Pierce (Swap Pierce for Barrage support when fighting tougher bosses such as guardians)

I went for an astral plate for the implicit res since capping res can be an issue. Also note that since we always have 3 endurance charges you can undercap your res by 12% and still be capped while mapping. Crit chance to attacks is great but not necessary. Getting the "enemies you kill explode" mod is very nice for clear as it scales off of generic damage increases and our rallying cry provides about a 450% boost to this explosion damage.

Wands:
Spoiler
Blood Rage - Enhance - Dread Banner

We link Enhance to these since blood rage gains extra attack speed from quality, and dread banner gains extra aura effect.

Flesh and Stone - Precision - Enlighten

Having Enlighten here is more important in this version of the build since we have berserk up all of time. Mana can become an issue if it runs low especially if your warcrys can't go off.

Also I no longer switch between blood and sand stance. I stay in sand stance for the less damage taken and free blind.

Notes: Getting lower phys DPS wands but focusing more on the attack speed and crit is okay since a lot of our damage comes from flat increases from herald of purity. But obviously the higher dps the better. Imbued wands are probably the nicest since the int requirement is low and they have the highest base attack speed.

Rings:
Spoiler
Circle of Guilt is BiS since it boosts our herald of purity and phys damage so much. getting ones with buff effect and damage while affected by herald of purity are best but also not necessary. I just used %phys damage ones with the reduced phys damage taken mod until i could afford double damage rings. The generic physical damage gained from this buff also affects the explosion caused by our chest which helps the explosions chain.

Amulet:
Spoiler
Try to get an amulet with life and int on it. Flat phys and crit multi is a bonus. To solve mana issues I recommend getting an amulet with high mana regen. Since all of our mana regen is flat/sec and comes from rallying cry getting a single 50% increased on an amulet effectively multiplies our regen by 1.5x.

Belt:
Spoiler
Stygian Vise with as much life and Res as you can get. Or just a nice leather belt is sufficient and will be much cheaper.

Flasks:
Spoiler
Dying sun provides us with +2 projectiles which helps for clearing but also provides about 8% more damage on single target when using barrage support.

Bottled Faith is obviously the best flask for most crit builds but isn't needed by any means. Grab a magic sulphur flask, basalt or even quartz flask in the meantime.

Quicksilver with extra movement speed helps us zoom around quicker. Notice I don't have a removes bleeding flask as I have a corrupted jewel with "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you". This is an option but otherwise roll removes bleeding on one of your flasks.

Silver Flask for onslaught granting us extra movement speed, attack and cast speed.

Diamond Flask for lucky crit.

Jewels:
Spoiler
You want 3 Large cluster jewels with "Deep Cuts" and 2 jewel sockets.

6 Medium warcry cluster jewels with "Cry Wolf", "Mob Mentality" and jewel socket. (Cry wolf and Provocateur works well here too, just switch "First to Strike last to Fall" ascendancy to "Conqueror".

2 Small life cluster jewels with "Fettle" to boost our life. Chaos res on small passives is nice if you can get them.

For Base jewels getting crit multi while dual wielding, life, and attack speed is best for damage.

Watchers Eye:

Crit multi Precision Watchers Eye is BiS

Overall I would say the Champion build is much stronger and well rounded then the Zerker. I've been having a blast with it so far. Thanks for reading and if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them on here.

Last edited by Savage666 on Apr 17, 2020, 9:32:08 PM
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2020, 9:37:20 AM
Dude this version is NASTY!

I have spent hours and hours PoBing a champion impale projectile attacker, and I couldn't get half as good DPS or defense as what you just posted. Blowing my MIND.

So many good ideas here...

...I kept getting stuck on Phase Acro. But no, Iron Reflexes saves skill points and gives quite good defenses.

...Intuitive leap saves 4 much needed skill points.

...Pathing to Battle Cry is something I've been wanting to do too, but you made it work first

...I think a big difference is that you aren't afraid to use a bunch of Crimson Jewels whereas I've only been looking at small cluster jewels for the small cluster jewel sockets.

So, starting from your PoB, I made a few small changes to make it work with lancing steel which is what I want to play.

I put my actual swords plus my actual chestpiece (which I crafted to have power charge on crit, pretty good when not playing power siphon, +1.5% base crit, and consecrated ground while standing).

Other small changes are cutting Bloodless to path Fatal Blade, and annointing Assassination. Lancing Steel doesn't have good enchants (best is probably +40% increased damage). So I figured it'd be ok to skip that and go for a devoto's.

I think Dash is actually better than Flame Dash now that Second Wind exists, and it also lowers our int requirement, so I made that change. Dash also profits from Empower, as does Beserker, and doesn't benefit from faster casting, so easy change.

Anyway, via the power of Saviour, this version gets 9.3m x 2 = 18.6m WHILE MAPPING. Can't gem swap for bosses, but doesn't need to!

https://pastebin.com/SEfAcmCP

PS, this was my shitty previous attempt. The one based on your POB has 50% more damage and more life and armor. Mine was so much worse than what you just gave me...really got to understand the difference...is it mainly gear or passive tree...going to take some time to understand.

https://pastebin.com/DcjjBNj7

"
elmasone wrote:
Dude this version is NASTY!

I have spent hours and hours PoBing a champion impale projectile attacker, and I couldn't get half as good DPS or defense as what you just posted. Blowing my MIND.

So many good ideas here...

...I kept getting stuck on Phase Acro. But no, Iron Reflexes saves skill points and gives quite good defenses.

...Intuitive leap saves 4 much needed skill points.

...Pathing to Battle Cry is something I've been wanting to do too, but you made it work first

...I think a big difference is that you aren't afraid to use a bunch of Crimson Jewels whereas I've only been looking at small cluster jewels for the small cluster jewel sockets.

So, starting from your PoB, I made a few small changes to make it work with lancing steel which is what I want to play.

I put my actual swords plus my actual chestpiece (which I crafted to have power charge on crit, pretty good when not playing power siphon, +1.5% base crit, and consecrated ground while standing).

Other small changes are cutting Bloodless to path Fatal Blade, and annointing Assassination. Lancing Steel doesn't have good enchants (best is probably +40% increased damage). So I figured it'd be ok to skip that and go for a devoto's.

I think Dash is actually better than Flame Dash now that Second Wind exists, and it also lowers our int requirement, so I made that change. Dash also profits from Empower, as does Beserker, and doesn't benefit from faster casting, so easy change.

Anyway, via the power of Saviour, this version gets 9.3m x 2 = 18.6m WHILE MAPPING. Can't gem swap for bosses, but doesn't need to!

https://pastebin.com/SEfAcmCP

PS, this was my shitty previous attempt. The one based on your POB has 50% more damage and more life and armor. Mine was so much worse than what you just gave me...really got to understand the difference...is it mainly gear or passive tree...going to take some time to understand.

https://pastebin.com/DcjjBNj7

Thats awesome man! Glad you like and glad it worked out for your version. I may give a melee version a go later on once I'm done messing around with this build haha. And thanks for the suggestion on dash I'll have to look into that. Guess I just went flame dash because thats what I always default to. And I really like the empower idea. I was sitting there trying to think what i could put in instead of faster casting as its not really needed as you say. This will be perfect here. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to save the version you made if you don't mind and maybe run that setup when I decide to try melee out.

Also never played Lancing steel so would be fun to give it a try!
Last edited by Savage666 on Apr 14, 2020, 10:33:32 PM
Great guide and build first of all :)

Can i maybe ask ho do u crafted your helm?
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
how do you get such good physical wands? i dont get any good ones so far...they allways have crappy caster stats
"
Raîzo wrote:
how do you get such good physical wands? i dont get any good ones so far...they allways have crappy caster stats

u know poe.trade or poe.sale? o.o
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
i´m playing ssf..
I will test your build, it looks pretty insane with the spam warcry jewels. I was searching a build with this mechanic. GJ
"
Dafii wrote:
Great guide and build first of all :)

Can i maybe ask ho do u crafted your helm?

Thanks!

I made my helmet by buying a high item level lions pelt with the +2 power siphon proj enchant. Then I slammed it with single socket resonators with perfect fossils until I got 30% quality. After this I slammed a warlords exalt on it to add influnce then scoured off the mods. Used essences of spite to guarantee intelligence and landed those rolls after a few tries. Got pretty lucky I would say. You can also fossil craft it once you have the influence base, although there's no tags for the crit multi or power charge mods so there isn't any fossils that will help you land those specifically.
"
Krayt_ wrote:
I will test your build, it looks pretty insane with the spam warcry jewels. I was searching a build with this mechanic. GJ

Thanks! I hope you like it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info