3.10 Impale Lacerate Warcry Champion - 40 Mill+ DPS - 2.5K Regen - Extremely Tanky

This is the melee version of my Power Siphon wander. After much theorycrafting and testing in game I am finally ready to share with you the extremely powerful melee version of the Warcry Champion.

Pros:

Extremely tanky
40 mill DPS without gem swap
Fast Clear
100% Delirious T16 Capable
82% Berserk uptime

Cons:

Can get very expensive
Doesnt scale well without jewels
Can't do phys reflect

Videos:
Spoiler

https://youtu.be/7GkVhU8hlKs
Juiced 100% Delirious T16 Tower

https://youtu.be/3ePEDa-Gq9k
A8 Awakener

PoB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/UV279tKT
Current Gear - 36.8 mill dps
(Awakened multistrike bumps this up to 42 mill)

Why Lacerate?
Spoiler
I tried lancing steel but it felt very lackluster. Tried reave but it only really feels good with vaal reave and thats one more thing to worry about. Plus the savior clones don't seem to utilize it very well. After messing around with many different skills I landed on lacerate.

With how much AoE we get lacerate has a 60 radius! Using sand stance with blood and sand we get a more multiplier to our area of effect as well as Lacerate itself gets increased slash angle in sand stance making it cover most of the screen. Then we have our clones also using this massive aoe skill and they seem to utilize it extremely well.

Lacerate also hits twice against single target since we have crazy overlap. This stacks up our impales incredibly fast for minimal dps ramp up time. It also comes with flat physical damage to attacks which scales very nicely with the double damage from Paradoxica.

Defenses:
Spoiler
Fortify: 20% Less damage taken + cannot be stunned
Berserk 26% Less damage taken (we have 30% berserk effect on helm)
Enfeeble: 25% Less damage taken (5% Less damage taken vs. Bosses)
Sand Stance: 11% Less damage taken from ranged monsters
Sand Stance: Blind nearby enemies (50% Chance to evade)
Vaal Molten Shell: 14000 Mitigation (18 second duration)
Endurance Charges: 12% phys reduction (100% uptime)
Conqueror: 6% Reduced damage taken
Soul of Solaris: 6% phys reduction with only one nearby enemy
Armour: 24000+
Life Regen: 2500/second
Leech: 1000/second

My Gear:
Spoiler

Explanation of Gear and Gems:
Spoiler
Paradoxica:
Spoiler
Cast when Damage Taken - Vaal Molten Shell - Increased Duration

We use Paradoxica because of the "Attacks with this weapon deal double damage". Getting so much flat damage from the build (Herald, Master of Metal, Lacerate flat damage etc) this makes it the highest dps weapon. Even a 500pdps foil costing 50 exalts does about 15% less damage!

Getting a high attack speed Paradoxica is important but usually comes with cast level 1 blood rage on kill. This isn't good as it overrides our high level extra quality blood rage. We prevent this by putting our cast when damage taken setup in here. This effectively counts as the triggered blood rage to be linked with more than one trigger which causes it to be unusable. Other solution is to buy a Paradoxica without this mod but they are usually double the price for the same dps and this is an easy solution.

The Saviour:
Spoiler
Precision - Flesh and Stone - Maim

Flesh and stone we link to Maim because it benefits from the increased phys damage taken when we switch to blood stance for bosses.

We use Saviour to proc clones that use our lacerate when we crit. Because we have a large AoE they really help the clear and they also double our DPS vs single target.

We already have hits cannot be evaded thanks to our ascendancy so the precision is really only here for the extra crit chance and to utilize our crit multi Watchers Eye.

Having 100% accuracy without investment allows to keep our precision just low enough level that we can squeeze in blood and sand which gives us a more multiplier to our AoE size.

Gloves:
Spoiler
Rallying Cry - Enduring Cry - Second Wind - (Herald of Purity in separate link to not receive mana multi from Second Wind)

We link our warcrys with second wind to generate as much rage as possible to out regen Berserk. Herald of purity can go here in a seperate link if you picked up gloves with +level to duration gems.

Note: Gloves with +level to Aoe, Warcry, or duration gems is beneficial since any of those tags will boost our warcrys which is a main source of our damage. Hands of the high templar gloves are BiS since they can grant potentially up to +6 to our warcrys as well as base crit and a curse. Currently have a +4 pair and when looking for a curse I suggest going with temp chains or enfeeble instead of vulnerability. The reason being that we already have so many "enemies take increased damage" debuffs that vulnerability doesnt buff our damage as much as you would think and having the extra survival is nice since we already do so much damage.

Boots:
Spoiler
Dash - Second Wind - Berserk - Pride
We use Dash in the build instead of leap slam or whirling blades because if we crit with our movement skills, The Saviour will spawn a clone using only that skill and not our lacerate. We have enough movement speed where just having dash with second wind feels nice.

We link berserk here to benefit from the second wind which further increases our uptime on it.

If you have an Aul's amulet this is where pride will go. If not this is an open gem socket so put whatever you want in here for now.

Helm:
Spoiler
Blood Rage - Dread Banner - Blood and Sand - Enhance

We link enhance here to give extra attack speed to Blood Rage, and extra aura effect to dread banner.

We use a Starkonja's to fix our dex issues since we path the left side of the tree in this build. The attack speed and crit chance are nice as well as it having a high amount of evasion that gets converted to armour. These helm's are also typically easy to find an enchant you want. Picking up 30% increased effect of berserk on here is insane since we have it up more than 80% of the time. This gives us an extra 6% less damage taken and about 10% more total dps.

Body Armour:
Spoiler
Lacerate - Fortify - Brutality - Impale - Melee Phys - Multistrike

We use Fortify here so we can drop "Fortitude". We also get Intimidate from Awakened Melee Phys, so we no longer need "First to Strike, Last to Fall". We instead spec into "Conqueror" and "Worthy Foe" with these points to get an extra 20% more damage and an extra 6% reduced damage taken.

You can choose to run Pulverise here instead of Impale if you have impale chance on your paradoxica. You will still have 100% chance to impale but you gain an extra 7 radius to Lacerate. I've tried both setups but I prefer Impale since pulverize has a less multi to attack speed.

I went for an astral plate for the implicit res since capping res can be an issue. Also note that since we always have 3 endurance charges you can undercap your res by 12% and still be capped while mapping. Crit chance to attacks is great but not necessary. Getting the "enemies you kill explode" mod is very nice for clear as it scales off of generic damage increases and our rallying cry provides about a 450% boost to this explosion damage.

Rings:
Spoiler
Circle of Guilt is BiS since it boosts our herald of purity and phys damage so much. getting ones with buff effect and damage while affected by herald of purity are best but also not necessary. I just used %phys damage ones with the reduced phys damage taken mod until i could afford double damage rings. The generic physical damage gained from this buff also affects the explosion caused by our chest which helps the explosions chain.

Amulet:
Spoiler
Aul's Uprising with the Pride mod on it is the best amulet for the build. Any amulet with life, flat phys and crit multi will be fine though. Make sure to anoint Fatal blade!

Belt:
Spoiler
Stygian Vise with as much life and Res as you can get. Or just a nice leather belt is sufficient and will be much cheaper.

Flasks:
Spoiler
Lion's roar gives us 25% more damage, as well as an extra 3000 flat armour. Lacerate is one of the few skills I've played where the knockback from this flask doesn't feel bad. We have so much aoe they things die long before they get knocked out of range. This is also a nice added defense when mobs are swarming you in a 100% Delirious map.

Bottled Faith is obviously the best flask for most crit builds but isn't needed by any means. Grab a magic sulphur flask, basalt or even quartz flask in the meantime.

Quicksilver with extra movement speed helps us zoom around quicker. Notice I don't have a removes bleeding flask as I have a corrupted jewel with "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you". This is an option but otherwise roll removes bleeding on one of your flasks.

Silver Flask for onslaught granting us extra movement speed, attack and cast speed.

Diamond Flask for lucky crit.

Jewels:
Spoiler
You want 3 Large cluster jewels with "Deep Cuts" and 2 jewel sockets.

6 Medium warcry cluster jewels with "Cry Wolf", "Mob Mentality" and jewel socket.

2 Small life cluster jewels with "Fettle" to boost our life. Chaos res on small passives is nice if you can get them.

For Base jewels get crit multi, life, and attack speed.

We use Transcendent Flesh in the left side jewel socket for an extra 49% crit multi for only 2 points!

Watchers Eye:

Crit multi Precision Watchers Eye.

Currently PoB doesn't calculate the extra flat phys from Master of Metal past 9 stacks. If we simulate this by adding the extra flat phys to another item we can find that a +2 Impale stacks Pride Watcher's Eye would actually grant around 7% more DPS than a precision Watcher's Eye.

Overall I would say this is my favourite version of the build. The clear is only slightly worse for non delirious maps, but is much much stronger for 100% delirious maps than the wander build. The damage is even stronger then the maxed out wander and we deal this damage all of the time. No gem swaps needed!

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Last edited by Savage666 on Apr 20, 2020, 7:37:37 PM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2020, 3:26:43 AM
Ballpark cost on your gear? I have 100ex to blow and looking for something to do with my Duelist.
On my PoB (fork version), the warcries already count the cry wolf buff. If I put 60 nearby enemies in the config, PoB will calculate with 120. So i don't know if it is relly possible to reach 40M dps.
"
Krayt_ wrote:
On my PoB (fork version), the warcries already count the cry wolf buff. If I put 60 nearby enemies in the config, PoB will calculate with 120. So i don't know if it is relly possible to reach 40M dps.

Thanks for pointing this out! I had assumed that the dps increase the mod itself was giving was from the increased buff effect, but you are correct. Even with this off we are hitting 30 mill. And I would like to point out that this is still calculated using sand stance. Swapping to blood stance for tough bosses will put us back up to 40 mill even after this change.

I will be updating the PoB links to include this change but with blood stance to show the true top end DPS.
Last edited by Savage666 on Apr 18, 2020, 7:07:13 PM
"
xaeror35 wrote:
Ballpark cost on your gear? I have 100ex to blow and looking for something to do with my Duelist.

I would say currently for all my gear, gems and jewels I have somewhere around 170 ex put into it. 100 ex would be more than capable of getting you a very strong setup.
Why take "unstoppable hero" off? Getting stunned sounds kinda fatal.
"
iIiI0lili wrote:

I don't. I only drop Fortitude because we have perma fortify from fortify support in our main links. Not sure where you're seeing this.
"
Savage666 wrote:
"
iIiI0lili wrote:

I don't. I only drop Fortitude because we have perma fortify from fortify support in our main links. Not sure where you're seeing this.

oh yeah my bad
"
Savage666 wrote:
"
iIiI0lili wrote:

I really dont get it. The build is supposed to be tanky but I cannot tank shaper slams, and my main problem with the build is actually dying sometimes (simul wave 19-20) or with too much burst damage taken. Got 4.2k hp at lvl 90 and cant seem to get much more - My belt has 110life, using Aul's, boots about 70ish life and the rest is all the same as you, with 2 fettle jewels too. Despite all the layers of defense , one shaper slam still annihilates me. It wasn't a one off thing, I was trying to test survivability on shaper and it instantly died on shaper slams for 5 portals which was extremely disappointing, having sunk over 120ex into the build. What might be the issue? The build isn't extremely fragile like a ranger, but I really wouldn't call it "extremely tanky" =\
Last edited by iIiI0lili on Apr 19, 2020, 11:54:27 AM
"
iIiI0lili wrote:
"
Savage666 wrote:
"
iIiI0lili wrote:

I really dont get it. The build is supposed to be tanky but I cannot tank shaper slams, and my main problem with the build is actually dying sometimes (simul wave 19-20) or with too much burst damage taken. Got 4.2k hp at lvl 90 and cant seem to get much more - My belt has 110life, using Aul's, boots about 70ish life and the rest is all the same as you, with 2 fettle jewels too. Despite all the layers of defense , one shaper slam still annihilates me. It wasn't a one off thing, I was trying to test survivability on shaper and it instantly died on shaper slams for 5 portals which was extremely disappointing, having sunk over 120ex into the build. What might be the issue? The build isn't extremely fragile like a ranger, but I really wouldn't call it "extremely tanky" =\

This is odd. I have tanked a total of about 20 slams now and never had it do more than about 30% of my health. You have endurance charges up? Make sure fortify is up? Is iron reflexes allocated? And are you using the soul that gives another 6% phys reduction? I do have 12% phys taken as ele on my chest but that shouldn't be the difference in taken almost no damage to getting one shot like you're saying.
Also absolutely make sure berserk is up as this is a huge portion of our damage reduction.

You can try popping molten shell before hand but even without enfeeble and molten shell I've still consistantly been able to tank it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info