3.10 Toxic Rain with Cluster Jewels! Max Evade/Dodge (16k ehp) and 10-11mil shaper dps

ya im no rook to TR builds. basically played it exclusively for a year and a half.
cluster jewels seem to be a pretty solid addition. i might have to look into rebuilding my TR setup with them in mind.

im still reluctant to think that scaling duration to such a degree is the best way to go about playing the build. seems a bit overkill. but you do have such high enough avoidance that standing still for 5-10 seconds actually isn't a bad thing
"
xMustard wrote:
ya im no rook to TR builds. basically played it exclusively for a year and a half.
cluster jewels seem to be a pretty solid addition. i might have to look into rebuilding my TR setup with them in mind.

im still reluctant to think that scaling duration to such a degree is the best way to go about playing the build. seems a bit overkill. but you do have such high enough avoidance that standing still for 5-10 seconds actually isn't a bad thing
Well the question is how do you scale it the best, most people go for max attack speed stacking but that suffers even more if you have to constantly dodge mechanics and stutter step, unless you play on totems right? I vaguely remember you from the TR totem thread a couple of leagues ago.

Chaos scaling is always prio anyway, but what after that? Some people scale a lot of aoe to "shotgun" with pods but I was recently wondering does that have diminishing returns, like, you can have 2 pods overlap, but can you make it 3 or 4 overlap? If no then duration or attack speed are the only ways to create more overlaps from subsequent casts (aoe would be from the same cast).

Tbh I'm not sure how to count that myself, someone asked in another tr thread is awakened aoe good or is broadside cluster jewel node good and well... I'm asking that myself. (The gem probably not worth losing a link, broadside could be worth it.)
duration is a great way to scale it, no argument, but the downside is it takes longer to get your max damage. albeit your max damage will be higher, in this game it isn't always defensively viable to stand still and attack for such a duration

this is why my last TR build i just swapped straight up for CA since TR has a ramp up which does not feel good while CA does not. but CA single target has a low damage ceiling while TRs is quite high.

so the best ways to scale TR are area of effect (overlap), number of projectiles, duration, attack speed, and of course pure damage over time damage.

i think each one of these has diminishing returns. the more you raise the number of projectiles the more you broaden out your spread.
the more you stack area of effect, well, you will only at maximum have overlap of all of your projectiles, and almost certainly cap out before that.
duration, same thing. diminishing returns in practicality more than functionally.
attack speed....yeah good luck stacking that to no end
pure damage is kind of the only thing that doesn't really have diminishing returns, but it does still have a cap. as you say, complete priority.

this build looks pretty good, and after really scouring the cluster jewels i'd say this build doesn't have any other option but to scale the duration. it is strictly the best that is available.

i'd probably still try to play it as a raider for maximum attack speed while being able to invest dramatically less resources to avoidance, as it comes so easily and naturally for raider.
and since duration is scaled so easily with cluster jewels, that lessens the necessity for trickster as an ascendancy - though by all means still a fantastic ascendancy. just preference at this point.

but ya i'd almost certainly keep with the totems as a second 6 link option. totems actually get some incredible cluster jewel notables as well

edit: one thing i'll add is, something that could help you get your damage laid down, is a decoy totem. it is a very underutilized skill which is extremely effective
Last edited by xMustard on Apr 19, 2020, 9:11:23 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
this is why my last TR build i just swapped straight up for CA since TR has a ramp up which does not feel good while CA does not. but CA single target has a low damage ceiling while TRs is quite high.

To each their own I suppose. I think for almost anyone though, with equal investment into a TR and CA character, you'll be able to pass CA's damage after under a second of "ramp" with TR. The next 3 seconds are just free upside. What didn't feel good to me was watching end game bosses tick down so slowly and having nothing to do while I waited. Now all conquerors/simulacrum 20 bosses die in single digit seconds.
Hello,

I'm following this guide, I think my character is missing life, could you take a look and guide me to improve what I already have? Thanks

Here is my POB

https://pastebin.com/h0h7SLvJ
"
rafaxkt wrote:
Hello,

I'm following this guide, I think my character is missing life, could you take a look and guide me to improve what I already have? Thanks

Here is my POB

https://pastebin.com/h0h7SLvJ

From what I see, there's not a whole lot to try. The build isn't meant to get past 5k really:

- Minor upgrades of a few gear pieces. Your one ring, amulet, gloves, abyss jewel have life, but they're not super high rolls. Your resists seem really nicely covered, so you can consider getting vermillion rings with high life rolls. When you use the life/mana catalysts, they get really nice.
- Levels. With a few more levels, you'll get the two other two-point jewel sockets and can put some 7% life jewels in there. Plus you have another life node next to blood siphon and blood drinker.

Here's another idea that I don't technically know is possible, so take it with that disclaimer. What happens if you pick up a bow large cluster jewel with a third notable? It'll be a trash notable, but it might change the orientation of the cluster jewel so that Tempered Arrowheads and Broadside are the ones neighboring the start (where Wicked Pall and Touch of Cruelty are in your other jewel) as opposed to being in between the jewel sockets. That would let you take the 2 jewel sockets and 2 notables for only 5 points (and you would just ignore the third notable between the jewels). It might be that one of the two notables you want still ends up between the jewel sockets, and in that case it doesn't work, but worth investigating.

That said, you're not going to be reaching much above 5k even with great gear. If that's not enough, you have to sacrifice some damage or other quality of life. You can drop devouring diadem for a toxic rain enchanted hubris circlet with nearby enemies have -9 chaos res (expensive) and then drop the charisma wheel to pick up more life on the tree and gear. You'd need to reorganize your jewelry with some minus mana crafts too though and drop an aura, but you'd also get your ES back protecting your life.
Last edited by rlauren2 on Apr 22, 2020, 1:02:26 PM
"
rlauren2 wrote:
Here's another idea that I don't technically know is possible, so take it with that disclaimer. What happens if you pick up a bow large cluster jewel with a third notable? It'll be a trash notable, but it might change the orientation of the cluster jewel so that Tempered Arrowheads and Broadside are the ones neighboring the start (where Wicked Pall and Touch of Cruelty are in your other jewel) as opposed to being in between the jewel sockets. That would let you take the 2 jewel sockets and 2 notables for only 5 points (and you would just ignore the third notable between the jewels). It might be that one of the two notables you want still ends up between the jewel sockets, and in that case it doesn't work, but worth investigating.
Sadly not gonna happen, I tested it out, that's how it looks in game:

The picked node is tempered arrowheads the unpicked one is broadside.

Yes I picked the "dead" node because I needed a jewel socket and this was the fastest one to reach atm.
Ty by ur feedback.

What about sirius? is i9s the first time i face him after a back for poe,
and i fail but idk about his mechanic.

so let's get to the point, this build is the way I'm assembling you think it is viable and if so in which of these difficulties would you put (normal, difficult or very difficult)

Ty again
Sirus is all about dodging all the stuff he throws at you, the only builds that have it "easy" with him are max spellblock ones or herald stackers "90% damage reduction from everything" or maybe some other megatanks but these take ages to kill him. Most builds are "you get hit by beam = you die".
"
rafaxkt wrote:
Ty by ur feedback.

What about sirius? is i9s the first time i face him after a back for poe,
and i fail but idk about his mechanic.

so let's get to the point, this build is the way I'm assembling you think it is viable and if so in which of these difficulties would you put (normal, difficult or very difficult)

Ty again

Hard to put it in a category since you and I don't necessarily have the same definitions of normal, difficult, very difficult.

I will say that you HAVE to know the mechanics of the fight. Knowing the fight is MUCH more important than your build. There are tons of youtube videos on it, and you'd definitely do well to watch some first. Your setup is absolutely capable of doing it deathless if you understand the mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info