0.10.4b and 0.10.5 Patch Details

"
Spikey00 wrote:
Hoping there will be more survivability skills near the road with melee in mind, but hopefully the two supports will make melee more tolerable without decreasing skill diversity (I'm looking at you, ele cleave).

EDIT: inb4 elemental hit + splash.

its melee only,
i don't think will work on lead slam/ flicker strike/ whirling blade etc
ign thisiseplaner

While the idea behind new melee support gems is fine, I'm not overly happy with them.

First because they are purely for offense--there are no blatant issues with offensive potential once a player can stay on a target.
Secondly, it is apparent that these support gems will not increase power of the supported skill but rather modify it. This is a trade off I'm not willing to do often, especially when it would be the splash gem because I already have a functioning AOE--cleave, ground slam or leap slam. Multistrike support gem is different as it is possible modified skill might hit same target if no other targets are available. How will this be handled in already high attack speeds is beyond my imagination at the moment. Also, this support gem should be reserved for 2H weapons only since 1H/DW is alraedy attacking at crazy speeds.
"
I'm really sorry about having to delay the 0.10.5 patch by a week.

Don't even worry about it - better to take some extra time and get it right. You guys are doing a great job, keep up the good work!
"
Chris wrote:
Strength/Dexterity Support Gem - Multistrike: Causes you to attack quickly three times with a melee attack. New targets are selected for subsequent attacks if available.

So if Multistrike really is a support gem, this means you could combine it with Double Strike and get six hits with one click...? PLUS the auto target switch if there are multiple mobs...?!

Phew, really hope you tested this intensive.
i hope the power siphon build won't be useless with the new support skill
"
scrtwpnx wrote:
i hope the power siphon build won't be useless with the new support skill

nah, culling strike is still king.
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
so, my volls protector build is useless now, i really liked the tradeoff you had to do to make it work, power charges are most powerfull in my opinion, and there should be something like the "50% mx mana reduced" to get them, putting power charge on crit on support gem is too op imo, unless there is something like 200% mana cost multiplier and 25% chance to get this power charge, then volls protector will still be useable.i know there is power siphon to get power charge easly, but casters dont use it.
Last edited by Ellohir on Mar 23, 2013, 2:09:05 AM
"
Baron01 wrote:
While the idea behind new melee support gems is fine, I'm not overly happy with them.

First because they are purely for offense--there are no blatant issues with offensive potential once a player can stay on a target.
Secondly, it is apparent that these support gems will not increase power of the supported skill but rather modify it. This is a trade off I'm not willing to do often, especially when it would be the splash gem because I already have a functioning AOE--cleave, ground slam or leap slam. Multistrike support gem is different as it is possible modified skill might hit same target if no other targets are available. How will this be handled in already high attack speeds is beyond my imagination at the moment. Also, this support gem should be reserved for 2H weapons only since 1H/DW is alraedy attacking at crazy speeds.

Stop being a whiny bitch and use Ground Slam/Lightning Strike.

I swear to God, all these "melee is underpowered" posts are from the retards trying to double strike/heavy strike 100% of the game. Stop being a baddie and use AoE skills, for fuck's sake.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
Would power charge on critical work with spell totems? I want to use it with an ice spear totem.
Melee splash + Glacial hammer = :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info