[3.10] Chaos Shield (HC/Divine Flesh/88% Chaos Resist/All Content)

Had to stop playing this league due to IRL.

However I will be doing this build next league to see if its still viable. More updates to come next league. I was able to get to awakened level 7 and have no issues. Max level would still be no issue even in HC. Was also able to hit 300+ delve no issues. Next league I'll be making it my priority to get to 1000+ to see if I can handle it.

The only thing I'm a little bit wary of is the nerf that might come with the jewels next league.

We will just have to wait and see =)

Thanks all who played the build and I hope that its been as fun for you as it is for me.

Til next league then!

Updates

4/14/20
New video up of Phoenix.
New POB with Leveling guide in the form of points (equipment to aim for still same)
New Ascension/Pantheon section
New video up Tanking minotaur with only 39% block and 42% monster health
New video of deathless shaper run
New video of deathless hall of grand masters
Achieved 1.55m shaper dps as of level 94 / pob updated.

4/15/20
Added a Links section that goes over all skills and links. Reminds me of Materia ! (FF7 Remake is BOSS)
Added more comprehensive images to the How it works section
Added Leveling section
Updated POB, achieved 1.75m shaper dps
T14 blighted map added (ANY CONTENT I SAY!!)

Intro

Hello, thanks for taking the time to look into the Chaos Shield pure bleed gladiator build. I used to only play HC Leagues but due to a lot of different issues I am now only playing SC Leagues. However, this has not deterred my interest in trying to create builds that are specifically made for HC and getting to that level 100 marker.

Chaos Shield is absolutely a beast for tanking just about any damage in the game, as melee with only 6kish health but the ability to mitigate damage far beyond many other melee builds this can tackle ANY content in the game

If you enjoy a more relaxed albeit slightly slower play style that focuses more on mitigating all incoming damage by sacrificing some damage but can easily carry you to level 100 while doing ANY content deathless then this is the build for you.

How it works

By turning Iron Will into Divine flesh

using the Glorious Vanity jewel

we take 50% of Elemental damage as Chaos damage but also get a +10% to our chaos resist.

With the help of the small cluster jewel "Born of Chaos"

and a few chaos resist gear pieces we can easily achieve a wopping 88% chaos resist.

Couple that with 70/70 block 70% phys reduction and 294 health regained on block its almost impossible to die

Pros / Cons

Pros

MADE FOR HC
Easy Relaxed ALL CONTENT
Progression from league start is pretty smooth
88% Chaos Resist
50% of Elemental damage taken as Chaos Damage
70% Block/Spell Block
294 health recovered on block
70% Phys damage reduction
10% Culling strike on block

Cons

No phys reflect
Less block chance mods CAN kill you
Awkward lacerate positioning
starved for int / dex

Ascension

In following order
For HC - Painforged / Versatile Combat / Blood in the eyes / Gratuitous Violence

For SC - Blood in the eyes / Gratuitous Violence / Painforged / Versatile Combat

Pantheon

I personally go with Soul of Solaris (because of elemental weakness maps) / Soul of Tukohama (because we are stationary at times) but its entirely up to you.

Links

All awakening gems are Final Endgame items and you DO NOT need them to make the build work so just use normal Q20 until you can afford awakened.

Lacerate -

Aura's -

Invest into enlighten when you can, until then drop warbanner and just use pride - flesh and stone - maim

SHIELD (must be equipped in the surrender) -

This is the a big part of the defense in this build and should be your first large investment ESPECIALLY on HC providing a grand total of 294 hp on block and a 10% cull.

Movement -

Because of the amount of dex you need for the build I personally love dash + second wind. But honestly any movement skill that works with axes will do.

The rest - Leaves you 2 slots to play with if you are using Kaom's roots, which you should be.

If you are not using kaom's roots a CWDT + Stone Golem or even a Immortal call + increased duration + blood rage (my advice is DO NOT run blood rage on HC unless you are sure you cannot die)

Leveling

Check the POB below for point investment

For leveling uniques I recommend some of the following -
Because of the lack of 1 hand unique axes I also recommend not switching to axes until you have a decent 250-300 PDPS Axe
Like this one I got for 20c

or a Soultaker

Both axes will carry you into red maps

eventually graduating to

and after that

Gear / Cluster Jewels

Jewels

Gear

Current POB

- https://pastebin.com/MrYL6FYn (Has 25-50-80 leveling points in dropdown)

Videos

Phoenix Kill Double Beyond 50-60% resists - https://youtu.be/evfWuE1hanM

T15 Double Beyond Unid SKYFORTH DROP!! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP2coG-Pj4M(You would never run this in HC)

Quick Preview of Build in Insane map. - https://youtu.be/S1tHoxwW93c

Tanking Minotaur with 39% block chance / 42
% more monster health / Corrupted
- https://youtu.be/Y8op0-JdS18

Deathless Shaper - https://youtu.be/bQaPfMbY90c

Deathless Hall of grand masters - https://youtu.be/RUTsWFz9mAg

T14 Blighted 3 teal map - https://youtu.be/JVO3WiwnlJ8
Last edited by Destreaga on Apr 25, 2020, 9:35:43 PM
Last bumped on May 5, 2020, 9:29:31 PM
<Reserved>
New vid up
Any leveling guide ? What skills to take in the tree first etc...
"
Lederro wrote:
Any leveling guide ? What skills to take in the tree first etc...

Hey! I updated the POB in the form of points 20 - 40 ect. Also placed a Ascension guide section. Hope that helps =) Thanks for the input! I'll eventually do a budget gear section more than likely but for now so many other builds have a melee budget guide you can look into. Its essentially the same.

Hai OP. Love the guide. Definitely what i'm looking for. Tankiness all day and DOT damage. Do you have any recommendation for cheap unique substitutes for each gear section?

Thanks!
Been playing this for a few seasons on sc, feel free to check out my setup i am pretty min maxed.
"
royplgmacho wrote:
Hai OP. Love the guide. Definitely what i'm looking for. Tankiness all day and DOT damage. Do you have any recommendation for cheap unique substitutes for each gear section?

Thanks!

Heya ! Thanks for checking out the build, I added a couple of new sections as well as a leveling section. I really hope this helps and let me know if you have anymore questions! Thanks for the input.
"
plaguefear wrote:
Been playing this for a few seasons on sc, feel free to check out my setup i am pretty min maxed.

I am really digging the choice of unique items you have used on your character, I popped your character into POB and saw you managed to get 90% reduction with the aspect of the crab. Impressive I must admit!

Its really neat to see how we essentially have the same outcome of the build but are built fairly differently as well.

If you haven't already you should check out my pob and compare it with yours for sure!
"
Destreaga wrote:
"
royplgmacho wrote:

Thanks!

Heya ! Thanks for checking out the build, I added a couple of new sections as well as a leveling section. I really hope this helps and let me know if you have anymore questions! Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the unique item suggestions! I would like to add Jack, the Axe is a decent axe to use. A few suggestions from me:

Sections on:
- Stats to look for in Rare items
- Choice of anointments
- Helmet enchantment
- Priority items for progression

I also would like to pick your brain on using blade vortex to proc bleed. Couple with your build, seems like it'll be a smooth one for mapping. But i'm not that good in theorycrafting. Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info