[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

Hey very nice build guide! I just had 1 question. Does the build have enough toughness without fortify?
What are the tangible differences between this build and vai's LL archmage build?
Last edited by PrincessRevolver on Apr 17, 2020, 10:10:03 AM
"
Sunnyice724 wrote:
Hey very nice build guide! I just had 1 question. Does the build have enough toughness without fortify?

Yes. Anything that 1 shot me without fortify, would 1 shot me with fortify. Dodging giant wind up skills like Kosis and Sirus is still mandatory. The build just allows you to focus on dodging while the brands do the heavy lifting.

EDIT: The chase [high budget] Version of my build switches to conviction of power from Sanctuary of thought. This provides endurance charges which, while not as good as fortify, do not require me to shield charge through things. Shield charge often landed me in some sticky situations. Dash is much more nimble.
Last edited by f1rstborn on Apr 17, 2020, 1:35:51 PM
"
What are the tangible differences between this build and vai's LL archmage build?

I'm unfamiliar with Vai's build. I'd suggest comparing and contrasting the POBs.
"
Sunnyice724 wrote:

I just took Shield charge + faster attacks + fortify as movement skill
and doing fine. With some +1 min endurance charge crafts on both rings
you get perma 2 endurance charges what makes this build in combo
with the Mana as ES watcherseye tankie enough for the most content.
Ingamename @Legollinchen @Helloshity
"
DaChefkoch wrote:
"
Sunnyice724 wrote:

I just took Shield charge + faster attacks + fortify as movement skill
and doing fine. With some +1 min endurance charge crafts on both rings
you get perma 2 endurance charges what makes this build in combo
with the Mana as ES watcherseye tankie enough for the most content.

Unsure of your current budget Chef, but I'd suggest using conviction of power in conjunction with skyforths. Permanent 3 endurance charges is super nice!
thanks for the guide and build
atm 29hours later and i´m level 91 and cleart all content with 8.6 mill shaper dps "with chain" and 6,8k ES without Clarity Watcher´s eye.

Rly strong build and i precious your work.

Last edited by Dreadmoon2291 on Apr 17, 2020, 5:16:46 PM
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
Marfen wrote:
Hi,

I've been looking at your POB where you got 17m shaper dps, do you mind taking a look at mine to see if im doing something wrong?

Even with Nimbleness once I get lv95, and a new Wand with more crit, heartseeker on neck etc i seem to end up with like 15m dps. Where am I looking wrong?

I really enjoy the build! Thanks!

POB: https://pastebin.com/nmNxYte1

You may be out damaging me! POB: https://pastebin.com/4EDc6kJu. Added nearby enemies take 20% increased and 10% more to your amulet. These are for sign of purpose and arcane capacitor respectively. Most people don't use POB fork so I had to find a place to stick these.

Thanks for clearing that out! I ended up grabbing Awekened Controlled Destruction, also got char lv94 and got Nimbleness. Ended up at almost 19m shaper dps without manually casting Arcane Cloak (Felt "clunky" playing that way).

Might swap back to manually casting Arcane later, but I manage simulacrum lv20 (all 5's) and AW8 sirus etc so I see no need for it atm seeing as i dont feel it's a smooth playstyle.

https://pastebin.com/36ErVimP

Last edited by Marfen on Apr 17, 2020, 7:59:54 PM
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
Sunnyice724 wrote:

Yes. Anything that 1 shot me without fortify, would 1 shot me with fortify. Dodging giant wind up skills like Kosis and Sirus is still mandatory. The build just allows you to focus on dodging while the brands do the heavy lifting.

EDIT: The chase [high budget] Version of my build switches to conviction of power from Sanctuary of thought. This provides endurance charges which, while not as good as fortify, do not require me to shield charge through things. Shield charge often landed me in some sticky situations. Dash is much more nimble.

Thanks for replying! I tried messing around with skyforths in pob and realized without the 40ex watchers eye my ES tanks. Would you suggest a skyforth setup without the watchers eye? And how can I get more ES with it?
Been really enjoying this build. i built "the chase" version with basically 10% of what i had invested into my baron build and i'm basically at the point i just need eye/skyforths. last build cost me probably 110ex and was nowhere near as fun as this build. Tyvm for sharing :)

Just want to share my 97% Lightning damage ring too. Probably the only thing stopping me switching to skyforths is this beauty & my boots
Last edited by acidytrips on Apr 17, 2020, 8:45:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info