[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
OblikZ wrote:
Just reposting because I think I got missed :)

Hey could anyone check my character and me figure out how to get more damage on single target ? I feel like I am missing a lot for my actual gear :\

So I checked on PoB and I'm having 7.90 aps which is already over the breakpoint but why am I having 8.33 aps in game tooltip ? What is the good number and what would be the easiest way to reach the breakpoint ? Drop the attack speed on my sceptre maybe ?

Thanks again

Here's my PoB : https://pastebin.com/WH7X8sNL

Read the gear section of the guide and see what the minimum requirement for the secptre is. Not sure about the aps part, maybe you have Hex Breaker allocated in game but missed it in PoB?

"
Azdingo wrote:
How does it feels when your bottle of faith + diamond flask are empty?

In PoB I got 59%% crit chance without flasks and 75% (93% efffective) with both flask up.

While the flask are ups, the build feels smooth and run well. When they are down, it feels like I have to spin for a little while for a crit.

This happens to everyone. If you don't like it, you can use
1) increased crit chance support instead of inspiration,
2) attacks have 1.5% chance to crit on body chest. In this league, you can force this mod by using "augment an attack mod" on a hunter body armour.
"
livejamie wrote:
I feel pretty min-maxed now, the garden has made what seemed like impossible gear relatively achievable this league.

I'm at the third threshold for the first time. :)

I crafted everything myself.

The belt was easily the hardest thing to make because of Armour in the defense pool.

I'm sure there are little things I can improve upon but I'm really happy with where I'm at.

Hey dude, to craft the sceptre did you spam reforges until you hit something good and then removed what you didn't want to multimod?
"
N0esy wrote:
"
OblikZ wrote:

Hey could anyone check my character and me figure out how to get more damage on single target ? I feel like I am missing a lot for my actual gear :\

So I checked on PoB and I'm having 7.90 aps which is already over the breakpoint but why am I having 8.33 aps in game tooltip ? What is the good number and what would be the easiest way to reach the breakpoint ? Drop the attack speed on my sceptre maybe ?

Thanks again

Read the gear section of the guide and see what the minimum requirement for the secptre is. Not sure about the aps part, maybe you have Hex Breaker allocated in game but missed it in PoB?

"
Azdingo wrote:
How does it feels when your bottle of faith + diamond flask are empty?

In PoB I got 59%% crit chance without flasks and 75% (93% efffective) with both flask up.

While the flask are ups, the build feels smooth and run well. When they are down, it feels like I have to spin for a little while for a crit.

This happens to everyone. If you don't like it, you can use
1) increased crit chance support instead of inspiration,
2) attacks have 1.5% chance to crit on body chest. In this league, you can force this mod by using "augment an attack mod" on a hunter body armour.

I do have Hex Breaker allocated in game but in Pob if I add or remove it it doesn't change anything so it is certainly this but how do I solve it now to know the exact value of my aps ? Sorry I'm still learning POB in general lol
"
pindukk wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
I feel pretty min-maxed now, the garden has made what seemed like impossible gear relatively achievable this league.

The belt was easily the hardest thing to make because of Armour in the defense pool.

I'm sure there are little things I can improve upon but I'm really happy with where I'm at.

Hey dude, to craft the sceptre did you spam reforges until you hit something good and then removed what you didn't want to multimod?

I purchased it for cheap with a bunch of junk mods that I used three remove phys to clean up for multimod and a crusader slam.

If the crusader slam was bad I would have done add remove lightning.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
"
pindukk wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

I purchased it for cheap with a bunch of junk mods that I used three remove phys to clean up for multimod and a crusader slam.

If the crusader slam was bad I would have done add remove lightning.

I managed to craft this for now:

Did it using the reforge with lightning modifiers from harvest. Only had to remove a cold to attacks mod and craft the hits can't be evaded. I'm gonna augment it with a crit mod when I get the crafting option and hope to hit multiplier (also can hit crit chance for spells, which is not bad). The attack speed is fine for now cause I'm still in the middle bracket of CDR.

Gotta say the build feels really good after you put the pieces of the puzzle together. I'm melting bosses and the clear speed feels really good. Now that I managed to lose the Lycosidae shield and upgrade for the middle bracket of CDR it feels kinda OP even. Tanky and strong DPS. Might push it to lvl 100 for the first time.

Also, with a crit chance mod on my chest piece, my cyclone crit chance is 90% WITHOUT the diamond flask and 99+% with it. Feels good.
"
OblikZ wrote:

Thanks again

Congrats! I also was able to get this by removing one mod using harvest

The clear speed is way better (was using this)

I see that you are at 60 stun immune? How does it feel in maps? I'm currently upgrading gear and I have 0%, but I'm using Brine king.
Last edited by Azdingo on Jul 9, 2020, 9:32:53 AM
Can someone give me a guide on how I should craft the sceptre with the help of harvest crafting? SHould I just do what was in the main post?
"
Wobbly wrote:
Can someone give me a guide on how I should craft the sceptre with the help of harvest crafting? SHould I just do what was in the main post?

I don't think there is an easy way to craft a good sceptre. You have to be flexible while crafting.

I crafted this sceptre yesterday, so I'll explain how I crafted it ( it's on sale btw).

1) Dropped a Driftwood Sceptre.
2) Synthesized it.
3) Used T1 crit essense, resulting in 3 useless prefixes.
4) "Augment a random attack mod" to hit T1 attack speed (I was very lucky here)
5) "Reroll while keeping all suffixes", resulting in 1 prefix (add cold damage to spells). This mod blocks "added lightning damage to spells" in step 7.
6) Crafted "Cannot roll attack mods"
7) "Augment a random lightning mod" and repeated "Remove lightning, add lightning" until hitting +1 lightning.

I can multimod this sceptre (spell damage + hits can't be ecaded), or continue gambling (augment a caster mod, then add/remove a caster mod).

Question: Why this build over CoC CI Ice Nova. Trying to understand the advantages of one over the other.
"
faytte wrote:
Question: Why this build over CoC CI Ice Nova. Trying to understand the advantages of one over the other.

BL deals way more damage then ice nova, and you don't have to use Cospri's Malice, which has bad stats for CoC builds (low crit chance, no increased spell damage, etc).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info