[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
N0esy wrote:
"
DawnOfDusk_ wrote:
"
DawnOfDusk_ wrote:

Thanks for the build. Best one ever. What should I upgrade next?

@N0esy How did you calculate DPS? And what should I upgrade next beside leveling??

For DPS calculations, see the "DPS calculation" section of this guide.
For upgrades,
1) You must use a rare ring with an Elder influence, not crusader. Read what is written in Mark of the Shaper.
2) I think your aps is too high. Read the "imoportant notes" section.

How do you calculate APS in path of building?
"
DawnOfDusk_ wrote:

How do you calculate APS in path of building?

In the main skill tab, choose "cyclone, ball lightning", followed by "cyclone". You'll find attack rare here.
Make sure you check flasks and elusive. If you are using the original PoB (not the fork), you have to manually add "15% increased attack speed" to a random item (like body chest" to account for the ascendancy notable Mistwalker.
make a scion version please :) your 3.8 scion version is literally the only good build there is for scion.
Last edited by RedMetalGear on Apr 11, 2020, 10:32:48 PM
Not sure is this for everyone, but Karui scepter with 20 attack per sec, + elusive and flask gives exactly 7.57as, in pob fork version and in game sheet.
Last edited by sustici on Apr 12, 2020, 2:27:19 AM
Hey guys - I wanted to come and chime in as a HC player. I've lost 2 97 and 96 CoC Ice Nova chars - did the Kami guide but tweaked it with defenses and even though I really enjoyed it, I like this build a lot more. The scaling is way better and the damage output is significantly higher over the CoC Ice Nova. The way Kami has it setup also does massive damage but I had to drop a lot of stuff in order to gain defenses where on this build I can incorporate it while still being efficient.

I have pasted my pastebin below and please feel free to ping me directly or ask Noesy for anything. He is an amazing guy and thank him for taking the time to put this together. He did a phenomenal job and he is someone i've had on my friends list for a very long time.

I wanted to wait to post until I did a lot of the end-game content. The only thing missing for me is Aul and I am looking for him now - nothing so far up to depth 250 but managing just fine in Delve. I do sub-2 min UE, Cortex, Elder, Shaper, Simulacrum without taking any damage (PLEASE be careful if you play HC the only thing that can kill you and that killed my 97 was Impale and -Phys reduction in one wave - insta kill for us).

If you take a look at my POB it is VERY tailored to the min/max aspect. I have 96 strenght (perf str for scepter), 113 dex (needed for 21 Slower Proj when i get it), 100 % ailment immunity so don't need freeze, burning, sap, etc.. removal flasks, perm fort, 3 endurance charges via medium channeling cluster, and ES on block from shield and with Rumi's I am at 75/75 block. If you want 75% spell block you either have to get 10% spell block on shield or do what I did and got lucky, 5 % on ammy and craft the other 5 % on the shield.

Things I still want to do to improve:

1. Rare Ring - I did double influence and got two solid stats that I wanted which was crit multi (elder influenced) and ES % (crusader influenced) but I could surely use other better stats like flat ES and spell damage. My ultimate ring would be something like ES%/Flat ES/Spell Damage/Crit Multi/Dexterity, and All Res/Light Damage (if i can find res somewhere else.

2. Shield - I would like to squeeze out another 100+ ES on shield as my prefixes blow but I don't see a huge need right now because the build is doing fine. This would be absolutely min/max eventually.

3. Ammy - I would ideally have loved to get Power Charges/+Light Gems/+% damage based on intelligence instead of ele damage with attacks but the rest of the amulet is godly.

4. Gems - Need to get some gems to 21/20 and need to get my Awak Light gem to 5 soon.

5. ULTIMATE DREAM - Boots - This will likely never happened to any of us let alone me but my dream boots would be Tailwind, Cooldown, and Ailment Immunity but to land all 3 stats is statistically impossible. If someone was to ever land these stats you could drop The 30% ailment cluster I have next to Unnatural Calm and go with From Naught or even a rare jewel with corrupted blood immunity.

COUPLE SIDE NOTES for people playing this on HC or in general: 1) drop chaos golem as its useless and does nothing but put in Precision as it gives a little extra crit chance for us. 2) Drop Militant timeless jewel if you are going 75/75 block as its useless - go Lethal Pride and take Pain Attunment node to double block chance as it synergizes well with our 5 % ES on block from shield.

I am sorry for the lengthy post but I owed this to Noesy as he has been an online buddy for a while and I wanted to give my take on this build from an HC standpoint.

POB - https://pastebin.com/zY4YHBbi
Last edited by dsata on Apr 12, 2020, 12:28:57 PM
"
RedMetalGear wrote:
make a scion version please :) your 3.8 scion version is literally the only good build there is for scion.

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure if i have enough energy to do that.

"
sustici wrote:
Not sure is this for everyone, but Karui scepter with 20 attack per sec, + elusive and flask gives exactly 7.57as, in pob fork version and in game sheet.

You are right if you mean Karui sceptre with 20% increased attack speed.
Hi, I already contacted you about this assembly. Can you see my POB and make some changes? I don’t have much currency, but I could note something for myself for the future, note that I’ve taken not the best cluster Jewel that I can exchange in the future for a more useful one, and also taken thread of hope to slightly increase the speed attacks and spend free nodes on something useful, thanks in advance! my POB and a screenshot of the tree will be lower,since POB does not show adequate jewel thread of hope.
And also I do not have expensive gems awakening!
My POB: https://pastebin.com/0KPca38N
Last edited by TheUsStat on Apr 13, 2020, 9:58:51 AM
Hey,

first of all - thanks for the great guide - I'm actually building that up.

One thing I'm actually not getting right here - how do you manage to get 95 devotion?

I just end up at 75 and I can't find my mistake ;)

Thanks and best regards :)
Last edited by Br0ken_0n3 on Apr 12, 2020, 11:30:40 AM
"
N0esy wrote:
"
RedMetalGear wrote:

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure if i have enough energy to do that.

"
sustici wrote:

You are right if you mean Karui sceptre with 20% increased attack speed.

Yes, ideal number is 20% with 14-20% cool down recovery.
Took some days, but now i got all the basics together for the build including a Watchers Eye with Ele Pen on Zealotry. Awesome build.

One thing i was missing was the option to get Reserved Mana Reduction for Wrath/Zealotry on the Amulet. This gives you more opportunities with the Helm enchant and/or Skillpoints. Might not be the best for Min/Max, but can help out a little.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info