[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

Ok guys,

my build should be done i think i just need to level up to 100 to be done.

COC ball lightning aura stacker finished pob below:

https://pastebin.com/NUy7jUS4

If you find any upgrades that doesnt inclued ( call of the brotherhood with hatred implicit :D ) then feel free to tell me.

Love this community,

cheers Aeris
"
AerisTheAngel wrote:

Now for the last part ill need rare boots with cdr i was wondering what boots i should take. I read somewhere on reddit taht the action speed buff from tailwind is bugged with cyclone. Do you guys know if this is still the case? Otherwise id take Tailwind + movement speed + cdr and any es i can get.

Tailwind is nice for movement speed, does not affect cyclone's APS. For crafting boots a crusader base should have a higher chance to roll CDR than shaper, yours look solid though.
"
efun wrote:

Cool self poison setup for the calcs. Do you just try to proc 1 (or low countable number) of ball lightning at max range and count the stacks of poison on the top bar? Or do you just screen record while fully cycloning and then count it up later?

I tried to proc BL only 1 time, but sometimes it proc'd 2 or 3 times. In that case I divided the number of poisons on me by 2 or 3.
"
efun wrote:

Ah okay, I was curious if it was common/normal cuz it has bugged me on and off. I swear I've had it happen against the volcano boss that doesn't move, when I moved in slowly to hit max-ish range and was getting 3-4 BL procs a second until I moved slightly closer and hit 9-10. could just be a conc ground/flask thing because I haven't explicitly tested it. You mentioned that enemies have a 'size' as well, is this just a circle or more of a hitbox?

I've always assumed that a hitbox of an enemy is a circle, but I have no proof for that.

Pretty much done upgrading for now. Unless somehow I luck into 200ex for a +4 shavs lol. Love the build, second league playing it. Gonna still play it for a bit to hopefully hit 98. Thanks for the guide.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Anyone got any guidance on how to get a +1 lightning amulet? I have a high budget and would like to at least try.
Last edited by Karriane on Nov 11, 2020, 9:13:03 PM
Hey guys,

so my cyclone cast on crit variant ( aurastacker ) is done. Im stopping this side-project in tribute of this guide and gonna recharge for the next league.

610k dmg tick of ball lightning. ( 43M dps if my calculations are correct )
5k es ( in game something in pob is wrong i don't know what exactly )
In calcs i simmed for a 15 hit and i get the following results:

70k effective healthpool ( physical )

138k effective healthpool ( elemental )
Chaos immune.

50% chance not to get hit, when i get hit 30% chance not to take dmg at all

POB is not calculating everything correclty i think some alt Q gems and maybe enhance dont get calculated correctly. In game i got 95% stun avoidance and i ran multiple 100% delerious T17 maps without getting stunned once.

This build is verry tanky and verry fun to play. feels quit simular then previous league's assasin ball lightning with instead allot more movement speed.

Cheers for the great guide Noesy build pob (fork) below

https://pastebin.com/aPkwkEb8
"
Karriane wrote:
Anyone got any guidance on how to get a +1 lightning amulet? I have a high budget and would like to at least try.

If you need any stats (str/dex) beyond the implicits on an amulet I'd say it's practically impossible to roll a good +1 lightning gems amulet yourself. Amulets are almost always better to find on trade, especially if you need to hit certain resists/stats.

Also, T1 crit multi gives you more damage than +1 lightning gems unless your crit multi is already really high. If I take my amulet with 35% crit multi and swap it for +1 lightning gems on PoB, my damage goes down around 1% - and I'm sitting at 394% crit multi with the amulet on.

To actually hit the mod, faceted+metallic+sanctified fossil is probably your best bet. But you'd need to hit crit multi to make it worth it, and your chances are pretty low (~500 tries estimated on craftofexile).
great build! just quick question.

First:
If i have near 100% Hit chance for mainhand.

Why or should i use the craft, hits cant be evaded?

Second:
When i got 100% Critchance in POB than i can push damage without that stat on scepter?

And what other weapons would fit?
Vegan Warfare
"
cryptochid wrote:
great build! just quick question.

First:
If i have near 100% Hit chance for mainhand.

Why or should i use the craft, hits cant be evaded?

Second:
When i got 100% Critchance in POB than i can push damage without that stat on scepter?

If you have 100% hit chance for some reason, you don't need the "hits can't be evaded" mod. You can use a crafted mod that gives you more damage instead.
"
cryptochid wrote:

And what other weapons would fit?

Do you mean weapon types? If you want fortify, a sceptre is the only choice. If you don't, then you can use a dagger instead.
Hi,

Just finished building this out, but I lack around 200k dps per hit less than you do - could someone take a look at my pob and perhaps point out where I'm going wrong?

https://pastebin.com/bDATeb4u

Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info