[3.10] Cobra Commander Dominating Blow - Best tank best damage for Sentinel Guardian 800k per minion

"
Rodneyking wrote:
"
Problem then is doing that with this build would means you need maybe a minimum of 5 red sockets in shave...that would not be fun.

LOL I know that, but I was curious, I am only in my sixth league so trying to expand to new abilities and such, I just pref DW or sword and board. But thanks for awesome guide and stay safe everyone

Dominating Blow is quite flexible for socket colours, you could use impale and feeding frenzy and minion damage and only need 3 technically.

"
Dominating Blow is quite flexible for socket colours, you could use impale and feeding frenzy and minion damage and only need 3 technically.

Thanks! Ill def look into it, I am going to play around with weapons in POB during my lunch break and see, but I def want to run the Determination set up for sure
A valid shield alternative is using the scourge as main and prism guardian with socketed the three purity auras, shield block more ES and overcapped ele res being the only good reason to have this option.

The issue is about coloring and linking the shavs and losing a +1 on melee gems and +2 on minion gems (if you check around some strong necro builds basically craft the same type of 2h weapon)

Mainly for the reason of socket colors I think that going with another skill would be better for a scourge + prism guardian, herald of purity or smite, double holy relic, animate weaps/guardian check around on these
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Apr 2, 2020, 5:36:28 PM
EDIT: NVM, I just re-spec'd my entire tree to the wrong build, was looking at an ES scourge build. Oh my god I just threw away so much currency. Don't have much to begin with.

I just fucked myself, I don't have enough to finish it now and I don't have a character to play any more...
Last edited by Goldenhawk07 on Apr 2, 2020, 9:32:29 PM
How do you get 30k armor? I have 1k right now.

I spent all day trying to transition, only have 60c left and my sockets and colours are all wrong.

I cant afford a 6L shave and spending 5 sockets on golems and holy relic feels bad.

I want to be able to fit Pride, Dread Banner, Discipline, Determination, movement skills and a CWDT setup.

Not sure how I'm gonna do this. Do I need to drop Herald of purity?
You need to drop herald of purity to free up your mana.
Armor comes from reserving life + radiant faith ascendancy, reserving mana + memory vault, determination and the granite & inc armor during flask effect.

My toon with determination has 21k without flask, the theorycrafted one 28k
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

Gotcha!

Ok, sad to see HoP go, but yeah I need the links.

Ok so I got 17 sockets available.

I need to fit a movement skill, ideally Dash + Second Wind but Flame and Faster is ok too. That's -2.

CWDT and Vaal Molten Shell is another 2. I know you have desecrate and flesh and vuln on yours, can you explain that entire chest link setup? Does desecrate trigger first and then flesh offering? Otherwise I'm confused why desecrate is there. And even Flesh offering, when we get damage spike'd why choose to focus on minion movement and attack speed?

Ok anyway, move and CWDT is -4 total so 13 sockets left. I need to split those up basically between Auras, Golems, and QoL.

Between Carrion and Stone I'm wondering if the 100+ regen is really worth the socket, and Carrion I've found dies too quickly in later maps. My SRS Necro last league would have to cast him multiple times per red map and he was supported with minion life too.

Carrion's buff is so good though...go with Meat Shield for survivability or go with Feeding Frenzy for the buff? Open to suggestions.

Now, Auras. Need to fit Pride and Determination and Discipline for sure, right? I'm not sure about Dread Banner. I have 20% impale chance from Rotten Claws, there's so many of them and they attack so much do we really need more impale chance? It's gonna stack to 5 so fast on bosses.

Also makes me wonder about impale in weapon. I have the impale fork on PoB and it's a DPS loss over Minion Damage Support. :/

Why is pride supported by Melee Phys? Aura's don't do damage themselves

Why Melee Splash? Is it to guarantee more hits on unique and rare mobs for minion spawns?

EDIT: Here's my links right now, I have no room for reservation left. I had to respec into some more mana reservation nodes on tree to fit it all.

Chest sockets I'm not sold on, and I have 2 open sockets in helm. Gloves I'm happy with and Boots too I think those all for sure need to be in the build although Im still wondering about Dread Banner...but for that little mana reserve I dunno if theres a better option.

Last edited by Goldenhawk07 on Apr 3, 2020, 10:34:34 AM
"
Goldenhawk07 wrote:
Gotcha!

I need to fit a movement skill, ideally Dash + Second Wind but Flame and Faster is ok too. That's -2.

CWDT and Vaal Molten Shell is another 2. I know you have desecrate and flesh and vuln on yours, can you explain that entire chest link setup? Does desecrate trigger first and then flesh offering? Otherwise I'm confused why desecrate is there. And even Flesh offering, when we get damage spike'd why choose to focus on minion movement and attack speed?

Ok anyway, move and CWDT is -4 total so 13 sockets left. I need to split those up basically between Auras, Golems, and QoL.

Between Carrion and Stone I'm wondering if the 100+ regen is really worth the socket, and Carrion I've found dies too quickly in later maps. My SRS Necro last league would have to cast him multiple times per red map and he was supported with minion life too.

Carrion's buff is so good though...go with Meat Shield for survivability or go with Feeding Frenzy for the buff? Open to suggestions.

Now, Auras. Need to fit Pride and Determination and Discipline for sure, right? I'm not sure about Dread Banner. I have 20% impale chance from Rotten Claws, there's so many of them and they attack so much do we really need more impale chance? It's gonna stack to 5 so fast on bosses.

Also makes me wonder about impale in weapon. I have the impale fork on PoB and it's a DPS loss over Minion Damage Support. :/

Why Melee Splash? Is it to guarantee more hits on unique and rare mobs for minion spawns?

EDIT: Here's my links right now, I have no room for reservation left. I had to respec into some more mana reservation nodes on tree to fit it all.

Chest sockets I'm not sold on, and I have 2 open sockets in helm. Gloves I'm happy with and Boots too I think those all for sure need to be in the build although Im still wondering about Dread Banner...but for that little mana reserve I dunno if theres a better option.

I use dash without faster casting np, it casts fast after the rework on move skills.

About CWDT gems you can put some in manual cast if you want it is up to you.
Definitely molten shell & desecrate should be linked to lv 1 cwdt as it is more effective i have to fix this in the POB.

Flesh manual cast is a good more controllable option.

Carrion or stone is your call as well, i personally went for holy relic + stone as 100+100 es regen is not to be underestimated especially with builds where you can't leech at all/the leech sucks anyway. Also holy relic helps with some extra dmg with my autoattacks to spawn minions

Dread banner 20/20 + generosity is a must have for the inc impale effect, also highest impale chance as possible and impale support for the inc effect and chance. These are the only additional damage boost you can get after inc minion dmg/aspd from passives. They give you 144% more damage which you can't get anywhere else (an extra melee gem and warbanner gives maybe maybe 70% tops).

The way impale works, it is consumed by consecutive hits, so when you hit with a non-impaling hit you are inversely "losing a stack", you want every hit to apply a new impale.

Or maybe look at it in another way you hit 100 times and apply an extra 50% damage 93 times (with 93% chance) PLUS you have an increased effect so it is a lot stronger, without DB you are applying extra damage 70 times and it is also weaker.

Pride is standalone, in my char it is linked only cos i put melee phys in that slot for a fast switch with splash x)

Splash vs meleephysdmg i dont know i am switching between the two to see any difference, sentinels have aoe, but splash still gives some convenience with spawning minions and minions autoattacks at the cost of total dmg

"
xDeicidium wrote:
1. How's simulacrum with Dom Blow?
2. How's single target?
3. What's the difference between this and the usual scourge+shield build?

1. I did 20/20 simulacrum, ripped once vs double fat bosses that i didnt notice. You still need to be careful kiting all the crapsplosions but for sure it is very safe compared to a conventional life necro
2. 600k+ potential x9 minions (14 minions if you are mapping, but then you are using splash so it equals), for normal maps i don't even run the full single target target setup i spend more time switching than killing the boss. For conquerors you can go full single target, it plays the same as Saviour melee classes where you hit the boss spawn minions and kite the boss mechanics while minions beat him down
3. Sourge + shield gives you more tank and triple purity, but damage takes a big hit. Probably doable if you aim at mapping only or don't mind slowrt endgame bossing

"
ZaeN wrote:
"
Goldenhawk07 wrote:
Gotcha!

I use dash without faster casting np, it casts fast after the rework on move skills.

About CWDT gems you can put some in manual cast if you want it is up to you.
Definitely molten shell & desecrate should be linked to lv 1 cwdt as it is more effective i have to fix this in the POB.

Flesh manual cast is a good more controllable option.

Carrion or stone is your call as well, i personally went for holy relic + stone as 100+100 es regen is not to be underestimated especially with builds where you can't leech at all/the leech sucks anyway. Also holy relic helps with some extra dmg with my autoattacks to spawn minions

Dread banner 20/20 + generosity is a must have for the inc impale effect, also highest impale chance as possible and impale support for the inc effect and chance. These are the only additional damage boost you can get after inc minion dmg/aspd from passives. They give you 144% more damage which you can't get anywhere else (an extra melee gem and warbanner gives maybe maybe 70% tops).

The way impale works, it is consumed by consecutive hits, so when you hit with a non-impaling hit you are inversely "losing a stack", you want every hit to apply a new impale.

Or maybe look at it in another way you hit 100 times and apply an extra 50% damage 93 times (with 93% chance) PLUS you have an increased effect so it is a lot stronger, without DB you are applying extra damage 70 times and it is also weaker.

Pride is standalone, in my char it is linked only cos i put melee phys in that slot for a fast switch with splash x)

Splash vs meleephysdmg i dont know i am switching between the two to see any difference, sentinels have aoe, but splash still gives some convenience with spawning minions and minions autoattacks at the cost of total dmg

Do we know for sure that melee splash helps proc dom blow minions? If not then Ancestral Call might be an option, of course this is only if we feel we NEED help proc'ing the first few since sustaining them isnt usually a problem I find. I might drop it all together. Maybe minion damage support, 4R1B1G sockets.

I think I'll switch to Dash as well.

WHy Desecrate though? What does chaos aoe dmg do for us?
I use splash for mapping where i hit & kill more mobs applying the spawn minion tag on them. It works all good with phys dmg, currently running with it

Desecrate is for spawning corpses to consume with flesh offering

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info