GGPK Defragmenter

"
ciknay wrote:
"
Nituvious wrote:
I am wondering if this is still safe to use or is there potential for getting banned now with the open beta and the new anti cheat prevention?

No, as this program (as I understand it) is simply moving the files around in the package, and deleting unnecessary blocks of data.

The game devs have commented about this program, so I doubt they would ban something that they use themselves.

Well, I've heard that they scan for any changes to the game files. The devs who commented here commented back in closed beta, not open beta when the heat got turned up.
The tool in my signature(which I need to remove) has a risk of banning and it doesn't modify anything about the game that you can't already do with Windows settings.
Bump, can a dev confirm or deny that this won't result in a ban if used?
I used this without issue, it only saved 20MB~ of data though lol. I assume the more patches applied the worse the fragmentation becomes? Making a defragmenter and consolidator/compression program (Like what is offered in this thread) more effective?

So basically if you were playing during Closed Beta when patches were presumably more frequent and then applied this now for the first time, you'd see a dramatic effect?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
"
I Googled "ggpk" out of curiosity/boredom and stumbled across this tool. I saved "only" about 100 MB but load time increased noticeably, from, say, one minute to less than thirty seconds.

I think you mean reduced.

Whoops, you are correct.

"
I used this without issue, it only saved 20MB~ of data though lol. I assume the more patches applied the worse the fragmentation becomes? Making a defragmenter and consolidator/compression program (Like what is offered in this thread) more effective?

So basically if you were playing during Closed Beta when patches were presumably more frequent and then applied this now for the first time, you'd see a dramatic effect?

Seems like it, though I have been playing off and on since July and saved a mere 100 MB. Though sporadic, I played often enough to see two generations of wiped characters.
can running this tool mess up future patching?
Learn to read guys.

"
Jonathan wrote:
There are some improvements I'd like to do one day to prevent quite so much fragmentation, especially of the metadata, but in the mean time, feel free to use this tool.

"
mozart116 wrote:
Learn to read guys.

"
Jonathan wrote:
There are some improvements I'd like to do one day to prevent quite so much fragmentation, especially of the metadata, but in the mean time, feel free to use this tool.

Don't be snide. This quote is from nearly a year ago. Information can become outdated.
I'm afraid this is still safe to use.
"
Zoxc wrote:
I'm afraid this is still safe to use.

Damn, and I was hoping it would build us the T-1000 to help with the graphics load :/
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
it says (this will likey take a while) in the CMD did i do it right?
IGN:crazysid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info