[3.14]CoC Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blade Blast |League start to All content down |16M+ Dps fast clear

"
z32019912 wrote:
I read that our defensive mechanism has 2x life gained on hit,
may I know where it comes from? i tried looking through tree but didnt see it

Shaper rings with lifegain on spell hit.

"
z32019912 wrote:

also, i see that we put vaal RF on head
can you explain why we use RF in this build as there's no regen, cant' we kill ourselves, is it just to use vaal RF for extra spell dmg

You use only Vaal RF for the more spell damage buff.

"
z32019912 wrote:

also, I tried looking back but couldnt find it, why are we taking
pain attunement, I don't see you using militant faith on your post poen tree

You don't really take pain attunement, you use Militant Faith jewel with "converted by Dominus" mod, which replaces keystones with Inner Convication (which gives us 3% MORE damage per power charge)

"
z32019912 wrote:

also, if we drop CWDT and steel skin for assassin mark, what do we link it with?

I suggest you do not self cast assassin's mark, get an assassin's mark on hit ring.

Link steelskin with Increased duration and set it on mouse left click, this way you will keep casting steel skin while you move around applying a 2500-3000 damage shield passively.
"
z32019912 wrote:
I read that our defensive mechanism has 2x life gained on hit,
may I know where it comes from? i tried looking through tree but didnt see it

also, i see that we put vaal RF on head
can you explain why we use RF in this build as there's no regen, cant' we kill ourselves, is it just to use vaal RF for extra spell dmg

also, I tried looking back but couldnt find it, why are we taking
pain attunement, I don't see you using militant faith on your post poen tree

also, if we drop CWDT and steel skin for assassin mark, what do we link it with?

1: if you looked at the gearing section of the whole guide, the pob, there are 2 rings with life gain on spell hit

2: vaal rf is always used as a cd for burst damage, literally no spell builds except actual RF builds or agnostic mana build use RF itself

3: if you look at my pob, i do have jewels named militant faith and i added the stats for agnostic manually, because pob does not support timeless jewel last time. It does now and i have not updated it because i m in the midst of remaking the build this league

4: theres nothing to link for assassin's mark, you just have to hard cast it because i dont think there is a way to trigger marks. Using marks might be bad because you have to hard cast it. Assassin's mark on hit ring would be great in this situation over hard casting it
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Update 2 weeks into the league:
The build is still strong as hell, spell cascade is much more expensive this league due to the shift of BF/BB into the meta and vaal detonate dead being meta as well.

The build is super strong, I still miss quite a few upgrades that will greatly push my damage but this is my current gear, the addition of harvest helped a lot to push the build much further:

I delete A9 sirus and conquerors as well as other bosses, survivability is still the main weakpoint and we are prone to one shots but stacking dodge pays off really well.

A few notes:

1.Get an assassin's mark ring they are quite cheap this league.
2.Link Steel Skin with increased duration and set it to left mouse button so u cast it while moving.
3.Just like last league, I ditch flesh and stone and use pride and aspect of the spider instead, for much more damage and strong survivability.
I get gloves with global chance to blind on hit (up to 15% and we hit a lot so perma blind) to make up for the loss from not using flesh and stone.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Jan 31, 2021, 6:44:01 AM

May I know which upgrade to do next? I am doing fine on T8's comfortably
with the damage but survivability is a different story I get occasional
one shot if I am not careful,

I am still trying to craft / find 3 noteable large cluster and medium cluster..

I just bought the bottled faith with 7.5 ex last night
pretty much 2.5 ex to spend at my disposal which is not a lot
with that currency, what should I upgrade next?
Tailwind boots are so expensive and IDK if cinderwallow will be that great
of upgrade next to push me to T14
"
z32019912 wrote:

May I know which upgrade to do next? I am doing fine on T8's comfortably
with the damage but survivability is a different story I get occasional
one shot if I am not careful,

I am still trying to craft / find 3 noteable large cluster and medium cluster..

I just bought the bottled faith with 7.5 ex last night
pretty much 2.5 ex to spend at my disposal which is not a lot
with that currency, what should I upgrade next?
Tailwind boots are so expensive and IDK if cinderwallow will be that great
of upgrade next to push me to T14

Your life rolls on items are actually quite low, thats including the life gained on spell hit, just 8 life gain on spell hit is simply not enough. Also, cinderswallow helps drastically with survivability with that % life gain on kill
My Builds/Stream

Wanted to try a coc build with a reasonable starting budget and gave this a try, also really caught my attention with reviving the PPs.
I started with a build (again) I deeply regret and I made bad decisions in terms of what I spent my currency on so I had like 5-6 ex to make my transition.

Getting back on 2 PPs for levelling again felt awesome. Was one of the smoothest levelling sessions I can remember tbh.

I just got the basics going at lvl 88 so far. Got x3 grand spectrums, the militant jewel and all the generic passives to get before finishing with clusters.
Got the large cluster and working my way into mediums as of now.
The items I have come across have been a bit rushed to get going, so we're not talking good pieces ofc.

(Defensive thoughts)
+15 and +18 lgoh rings (got asap after level requirements met) was definitely what I was missing while levelling to feel some sort of def layer in the build. But I dont feel like lgoh and flesh and stone is enough of defensive layers to push red maps. Taking a big hit and using lgoh doesn't really do much if you're dead. I do enough damage to kill 12-13 maps, which is where I'm progressing atm, but the random oneshots are getting more and more frequent.
Currently at 5.3k hp and ofc there's levels and upgrades to be made and I usually don't take low-life rolls on pieces so that should be fine going forward.

-I really feel like evasion and acrobatics would make up for a lot of the deaths though, but I'm prob far away from making it into that. Not sure dropping HP for it justifies it now.
Not sure I am comfortable enough with how the build is working to make any decision yet. I usually play melee or bow characters with obvious defensive choices.

So I partly changed build because I realized playing unsafe rippy builds is a bit boring to me in the long run. I just want to know if someone given the information I have provided have any thoughts of an optional path to take or if there's some really good qol changes I can make without suffering too much in terms of damage. Is it going to be "kill or be killed" or did I make the wrong decision going from a squishy evasion character?
Been scouting the pages here religiously and trying to pick up as much info as possible and have you read this far, I thank you.

Edit: forgot to mention. I havent made any gem upgrades and only have one item with CDR, looking for a belt with -phys and hopefully CDR. I see alot of ppl only using one item with CDR though? So I guess I'm just trying to plan ahead to have a good experience.

I love the build so far!

Last edited by weppe1337 on Feb 5, 2021, 12:18:22 PM
"
weppe1337 wrote:
Wanted to try a coc build with a reasonable starting budget and gave this a try, also really caught my attention with reviving the PPs.
I started with a build (again) I deeply regret and I made bad decisions in terms of what I spent my currency on so I had like 5-6 ex to make my transition.

Getting back on 2 PPs for levelling again felt awesome. Was one of the smoothest levelling sessions I can remember tbh.

I just got the basics going at lvl 88 so far. Got x3 grand spectrums, the militant jewel and all the generic passives to get before finishing with clusters.
Got the large cluster and working my way into mediums as of now.
The items I have come across have been a bit rushed to get going, so we're not talking good pieces ofc.

(Defensive thoughts)
+15 and +18 lgoh rings (got asap after level requirements met) was definitely what I was missing while levelling to feel some sort of def layer in the build. But I dont feel like lgoh and flesh and stone is enough of defensive layers to push red maps. Taking a big hit and using lgoh doesn't really do much if you're dead. I do enough damage to kill 12-13 maps, which is where I'm progressing atm, but the random oneshots are getting more and more frequent.
Currently at 5.3k hp and ofc there's levels and upgrades to be made and I usually don't take low-life rolls on pieces so that should be fine going forward.

-I really feel like evasion and acrobatics would make up for a lot of the deaths though, but I'm prob far away from making it into that. Not sure dropping HP for it justifies it now.
Not sure I am comfortable enough with how the build is working to make any decision yet. I usually play melee or bow characters with obvious defensive choices.

So I partly changed build because I realized playing unsafe rippy builds is a bit boring to me in the long run. I just want to know if someone given the information I have provided have any thoughts of an optional path to take or if there's some really good qol changes I can make without suffering too much in terms of damage. Is it going to be "kill or be killed" or did I make the wrong decision going from a squishy evasion character?
Been scouting the pages here religiously and trying to pick up as much info as possible and have you read this far, I thank you.

Edit: forgot to mention. I havent made any gem upgrades and only have one item with CDR, looking for a belt with -phys and hopefully CDR. I see alot of ppl only using one item with CDR though? So I guess I'm just trying to plan ahead to have a good experience.

I love the build so far!

'

I remade this build this league and i went straight for acrobatics. For the life pool, i am barely going past 5.1k, but i would say the dodge is still pretty important.

Also, at the current state of poe, you either have to invest heavily into defense or you pretty much risk getting 1 shotted. There are just too many 1 shot mechanics or random rippy combinations u never thought would happen in maps. Having enough life/defenses to survival the norm is enough, because you will need too much investment to survive shit like sirus's beam or shaper/elder slams
My Builds/Stream

Hmmm alright. So it's the pastebin under "surival issues"? You dont recommend it unless some requirements are met. So where do I go?
Also the skill gems are pretty unclear after so many suggestions here and there. Will u maybe edit the pob?
Last edited by weppe1337 on Feb 5, 2021, 2:17:06 PM
My bossing damage doesn't feel overly great, is there something I'm doing wrong? Please take a look at my character, thanks!
Just took down The Feared (Cortex, Elder, Shaper, Uber Atziri and Chayula) on my first attempt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info