[3.14]CoC Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blade Blast |League start to All content down |16M+ Dps fast clear

"
Dovahkiiiin wrote:
Hi Astarift,

This build is really cool I'm having a lot of fun with it. Definitely a feel good style of build.

This is my character at level 91 sitting at 5.6k hp.

with this mediocre gear I started to struggle on T15 and above level especially Boss fights. I get killed 1-2 shots by physical damage even when I dodge fast bosses by timely dashes but dying is inevitable sometimes.

Can you tell me What steps should I prioritize to continue upgrade this character?

I couldn't link my cluster jewels so if you like you can check my character (ISOLATE) or this tree https://tinyurl.com/yd7npwdc

Thanks.

First thing first, dont use 2 life flask, if you cant think of anything to run, run basalt or jade flask, avoidance/mitigation is great

Suffixes to craft on rings are shock when focus, minimum frenzy charges, last resort is to craft attack/cast speed. Anything else isnt good enough

You will definitely struggle at t15-16+, you are lacking kinetic impacts and also -phys damage reduction. Do not absolutely underestimate the impact of this stat, it does not show up in PoB, but in actuality, with 0 -phys damage reduction, you probably deal like 20-30% less damage(https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e9939h/dont_overreact_to_the_monster_armor_changes_in/, check this out if u wanna read stuff)

You struggle on boss fights because 1: no shock on focus on your ring(-15% dmg) No -phys damage reduction(roughly -20%, can be more), you use militant faith dominus but u dont allocate inner conviction(mind over matter, -21% dmg dealt here)
All of your gems has no quality, dont underestimate how much dps quality does to gems, especially support gems(likewise, do not add quality to bladefall or spell cascades)
Your poet's pens have imperfect implicit, not big but every bit matters, blessed orbs are dirt cheap

As for upgrades, immediately ill look at changing that boots out, get something with better resist, especially just so you can free up your belt slot to run -phys damage reduction
Change your crit/crit multi when shatter craft into shock when focus
Get quality on gems(vendor level 20 gems with 1 gcp for a lvl 1 gem with 20%quality, dont do it on bladefall/blast, you will lose too much damage, do it for all other gems, releveling them to 18 isnt that tough)
Quality on flask too btw

Your cluster jewels are fine, but i am never a fan of using small cluster jewels unless they provide something super strong(2 passive small cluster with fettle in this case). Using a rare jewel here is much stronger, because you get more benefit for less points spent
Getting acrobatics without phase acrobatics is like eating ice cream melted, you can taste the flavour but theres no kick in it. You need to path all the way to phase acrobatics, drop that small cluster jewel with "blessed" and some life to get phase acrobatics, 5.6k life without phase acrobatics isnt better than 5.4k life with phase acrobatics

All in all, for boss fights, we melt them fast just so we dont have to handle bullshit mechanics that go on forever(Sirus yes, he dies within 3-5 second of damage window i get burning all my "cooldowns")
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Think I'm pretty much done building the items for this build, only real DPS gain I got left is getting 2 x awakened spell cascade support. So I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for sharing! It was a pleasure to play this and fun to itemize this build.
Hey I'm also pretty much done gearing my character and want to say thank you for the build idea and the guide. Just did my first Uber Elder with 1 stupid death where I charged into melee range of shaper. Im doing any content quite easily: A8 Sirus, Uber Atziri etc.
I'm going for 36 challenges now as I want these juicy Delirium Wings. Should be no more than 1-2 days.
For anyone struggling with survivability I can just repeat whats written in the guide: Most things need to die before they can do anything harmful. I'm still dying plenty in the end stages of Delirium when I stay still for too long, but that's mostly my own stupidity and performance issues as my PC is pretty bad.

Crafted all rare gear myself and I think the last thing I want to improve is the body armour. (Fuck those boot crafts, I'll never get life + MS)

Do you guys know if the "Projectiles pierce 2 additional targets" Mod on the boots is any good for us? I feel like it increased my clear speed a bit.

"
GreenWins wrote:
Think I'm pretty much done building the items for this build, only real DPS gain I got left is getting 2 x awakened spell cascade support. So I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for sharing! It was a pleasure to play this and fun to itemize this build.

Again, not a fan of the dual life flask, ill go for a bottled faith or another defensive flask, would make it smoother not to camp 2 life flask for sustain, 2 life gain on hit rings would be more consistent than an additional panicked life flask. Other than that, pretty good items there so far

"
Chromchris wrote:
Hey I'm also pretty much done gearing my character and want to say thank you for the build idea and the guide. Just did my first Uber Elder with 1 stupid death where I charged into melee range of shaper. Im doing any content quite easily: A8 Sirus, Uber Atziri etc.
I'm going for 36 challenges now as I want these juicy Delirium Wings. Should be no more than 1-2 days.
For anyone struggling with survivability I can just repeat whats written in the guide: Most things need to die before they can do anything harmful. I'm still dying plenty in the end stages of Delirium when I stay still for too long, but that's mostly my own stupidity and performance issues as my PC is pretty bad.

Crafted all rare gear myself and I think the last thing I want to improve is the body armour. (Fuck those boot crafts, I'll never get life + MS)

Do you guys know if the "Projectiles pierce 2 additional targets" Mod on the boots is any good for us? I feel like it increased my clear speed a bit.

Not a fan of delirium wings, looks pretty plastic-y

To me, i think the most important set up is pretty much the shock when focus ring and the -mana cost. -mana cost smoothens the gameplay, shock when focus gives us the extra burst we need to kill stuff asap. With my not fully optimized set up i can pretty much kill A8 sirus on last phase before he starts doing too much mechanics i have to avoid.

Unlucky with the boots i guess, i had to do 2 or 3 rounds of meta craft to get my 20% movement speed and i didnt want to gamble on for a better movement speed or life. The Pierce mod is good to have but it mainly helps with triggering coc(to put it in a simplier term, per projectile hits 3 times instead of once, thus triggering coc slightly more often)
My Builds/Stream

I'm back again after investing a whole lot more :D Great thanks for this amazing build that kept me playing for weeks!

Link: https://pastebin.com/DAXXWT8s

Decided to go for 1 poet pen and a shield, end up with 6.7k life, 3 min endurance charge and fortify so I can finally do T16 full delirium maps. Damage is even better than before due to utilising Blood stance with maim support and its super tanky now. Manage to burst down A8 Sirius within the duration of Focused shock.
Last edited by LionInAFlask on Apr 30, 2020, 2:32:52 PM
"
LionInAFlask wrote:
I'm back again after investing a whole lot more :D Great thanks for this amazing build that kept me playing for weeks!

Link: https://pastebin.com/Mf5Pf34s

Decided to go for 1 poet pen and a shield, end up with 6.7k life, 3 min endurance charge and fortify so I can finally do T16 full delirium maps. Damage is even better than before due to utilising Blood stance with maim support and its super tanky now. Manage to burst down A8 Sirius within the duration of Focused shock.

Overall huge changes there, you squeezed in another cluster jewel node

Cant seem to open the PoB, but i saw that you have frenzy instead of barrage, wouldnt suggest that, because you actually wont be able to trigger coc/poet pen on every cooldown
Barrage triggers spells from poet pen faster than frenzy, even with 3 frenzy charges(put a wave of conviction on poet pen and attack with barrage, you can see the wave travels lesser than attacking with frenzy, that means the cast is more frequent)

Cant say i like using frenzy charges over Inner conviction, it is better than 3 frenzy charges, 21% more spell damage vs 12% more damage and 12% increased attack speed
I feel that your dps would be better if you run barrage and inner conviction over frenzy and frenzy charges

In your situation, ill anoint instability over kinetic impacts, you have 20% chance to deal double damage with 4 pressure point, the 4% chance to deal double damage from kinetic impacts isnt impactful anymore. Also, your blade blast deals more damage now(means its less affected by high armor rating), you dont need so muhc -phys damage reduction
-20% from 2 iron breakers, -5% from force multiplier, -11% from belt more than enough here
-phys damage reduction caps at 0%, it does not work like elemental penetration, stacking more than required is actually a wasted stat. From what i know, hovering around -20% is more than enough

Ill run a vaal rf over a portal gem, there will never be not enough burst

Using flesh and stone with maim was something i had considered for dps, but i realised i had too many buttons to press so i opted out of that(vaal rf, war banner, focus shock, dash, ontop of keeping flasks up)
But overall good changes in terms of defensives
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:
"
LionInAFlask wrote:

Link: https://pastebin.com/Mf5Pf34s

Overall huge changes there, you squeezed in another cluster jewel node

Cant seem to open the PoB, but i saw that you have frenzy instead of barrage, wouldnt suggest that, because you actually wont be able to trigger coc/poet pen on every cooldown
Barrage triggers spells from poet pen faster than frenzy, even with 3 frenzy charges(put a wave of conviction on poet pen and attack with barrage, you can see the wave travels lesser than attacking with frenzy, that means the cast is more frequent)

Cant say i like using frenzy charges over Inner conviction, it is better than 3 frenzy charges, 21% more spell damage vs 12% more damage and 12% increased attack speed
I feel that your dps would be better if you run barrage and inner conviction over frenzy and frenzy charges

In your situation, ill anoint instability over kinetic impacts, you have 20% chance to deal double damage with 4 pressure point, the 4% chance to deal double damage from kinetic impacts isnt impactful anymore. Also, your blade blast deals more damage now(means its less affected by high armor rating), you dont need so muhc -phys damage reduction
-20% from 2 iron breakers, -5% from force multiplier, -11% from belt more than enough here
-phys damage reduction caps at 0%, it does not work like elemental penetration, stacking more than required is actually a wasted stat. From what i know, hovering around -20% is more than enough

Ill run a vaal rf over a portal gem, there will never be not enough burst

Using flesh and stone with maim was something i had considered for dps, but i realised i had too many buttons to press so i opted out of that(vaal rf, war banner, focus shock, dash, ontop of keeping flasks up)
But overall good changes in terms of defensives

New POB Link: https://pastebin.com/DAXXWT8s
I'm running frenzy because it allows me to hit the 7.45 aps which is optimal for my current CD. I do notice barrage casting faster before I got my accuracy capped but since I manage to accuracy cap so frenzy end up better now :D

I was considering Instability, but it gives me so little because I no longer run Disciple of Forbidden and Inner conviction. Perhaps Throatseeker might be more suitable for me now but I'm not entirely sure. I was even considering anointing Constitution to reach 7k life but I guess I need to test around more

Hey thank you so much for this guide! I have been loving the build I am still fairly new to the game so I know most of the issues (dying a lot) I am having are due to still learning the mechanics of the game. I feel I am in the min-maxing phase of the build and am also interested in respecing to use the end game POB you posted with Acrobatics. My question here is will this help with a newer player's survivability? I'd love any pointers on improving my gear, specifically the belt. I hate having to craft strength to meet the strength requirement of the build. Thanks again for any input!

POB: https://pastebin.com/5v755Arb

"
itstapper wrote:
Hey thank you so much for this guide! I have been loving the build I am still fairly new to the game so I know most of the issues (dying a lot) I am having are due to still learning the mechanics of the game. I feel I am in the min-maxing phase of the build and am also interested in respecing to use the end game POB you posted with Acrobatics. My question here is will this help with a newer player's survivability? I'd love any pointers on improving my gear, specifically the belt. I hate having to craft strength to meet the strength requirement of the build. Thanks again for any input!

POB: https://pastebin.com/5v755Arb

I wouldnt touch the belt, ill touch maybe the ring with lower life or something
Also, thats a pretty amazing belt tbh

Great boots there also

Btw you can use blessed orbs on your amulet and rings to get slightly more str/res
You can re-craft the -mana mod on amulet to get -9 instead of -8

As for your current state and level, i believe going for acrobatics is the best course of action
My Builds/Stream

Thank you for the pointers! I see in your updated POB with taking acrobatics, you annointed 1 max power charge. If I were to craft a helm with this, would you still advise this annoint? Also regarding the non-channeling skills craft, I only have up to level 2. Is there a third? Thanks again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info