[3.14]CoC Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blade Blast |League start to All content down |16M+ Dps fast clear

Hello.

Nice build, fun to play. I wanted to put my Poet's Pens to use again for a long time, I'm not disapointed with the result.

I just don't understand your DPS calculation nor your quest for CDR.

Poet's Pen has a proc cooldown of 0.15s without CDR, meaning you can theoretically proc max 1/0.15 = 6.66 spells per second with one wand. Since you dual wield wands, you need 6.66*2 = 13.3 APS to trigger the maximum amount of spells per second with both wands. You based your DPS calculation on a 8.4 proc frequency, which could only be achieved with 15 APS. Unless you manage to get this much APS, which seems hardly possible to me, CDR is not necessary.

These numbers are of course theoretical values to make it simple, you can check this spresheet I found for more accurate values (the calculations are for one wand only, double APS for dual wielding).

What do you think of this ? Am I missing something ?
Last edited by Noctambulant on Apr 4, 2020, 9:50:03 PM
"
Noctambulant wrote:
Hello.

Nice build, fun to play. I wanted to put my Poet's Pens to use again for a long time, I'm not disapointed with the result.

I just don't understand your DPS calculation nor your quest for CDR.

Poet's Pen has a proc cooldown of 0.15s without CDR, meaning you can theoretically proc max 1/0.15 = 6.66 spells per second with one wand. Since you dual wield wands, you need 6.66*2 = 13.3 APS to trigger the maximum amount of spells per second with both wands. You based your DPS calculation on a 8.4 proc frequency, which could only be achieved with 15 APS. Unless you manage to get this much APS, which seems hardly possible to me, CDR is not necessary.

These numbers are of course theoretical values to make it simple, you can check this spresheet I found for more accurate values (the calculations are for one wand only, double APS for dual wielding).

What do you think of this ? Am I missing something ?

Its hard to explain just like how barrage triggers poet's pen spells more often than frenzy, unless i record a video and slow down to 10x slower, its hard to fully determine how much spells i cast/second
I just made it simple with the calculations there, we probably wont hit poet's pet trigger every cooldown, so i left out the 25% more damage opportunistic calculations off my 16mil theoretical dps

Cooldown recovery mainly and hugely benefits our CoC set up in this case, because it wont be an issue hitting the cap due to us attacking upwards of 5-6times/second, with 5 projectile per attack(around 25-30 hits per second, minus off maybe 10% from accuracy)

Its probably close to impossible to hit 7.5aps with poet's pen in this set up, the best i can get to is around 5.6-5.7 aps, but barrage for some reason triggers poet's pen faster and make CoC much more consistent
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Build guide updated into completed form, added some visual clarity(lol) and some final gearing information
My Builds/Stream

Hey

I usually never comment on builds but I really enjoy yours ! Thank you very much :)

I still have an issue of dying quite often :( I might be playing the build wrong or not respecting mobs but yeah that's it. Do you think it could be my items ?

I managed to farm for the Awakened Spell Cascade, as I already have an Awakened Inreased AOE so should I buy it ? I mean what could be the priority after Increased AOE ?

Thank you for your answer :)
"
Hey

I usually never comment on builds but I really enjoy yours ! Thank you very much :)

I still have an issue of dying quite often :( I might be playing the build wrong or not respecting mobs but yeah that's it. Do you think it could be my items ?

I managed to farm for the Awakened Spell Cascade, as I already have an Awakened Inreased AOE so should I buy it ? I mean what could be the priority after Increased AOE ?

Would be good if there is a PoB here or something for me to check out your character

For survivability, the main key is having flesh and stone, it allows us to take less damage and avoid most melee damage coming in
But we do focus on a very mobile play style, we dont stand in same spot for more than a second especially in delirium

You will need awakened increased aoe first, the 2 awakened spell cascade(no quality) is a plus to have after
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:
"
Hey

Would be good if there is a PoB here or something for me to check out your character

For survivability, the main key is having flesh and stone, it allows us to take less damage and avoid most melee damage coming in
But we do focus on a very mobile play style, we dont stand in same spot for more than a second especially in delirium

You will need awakened increased aoe first, the 2 awakened spell cascade(no quality) is a plus to have after

Here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/h66JSzTV

I use flesh and stone and try to move but like Toxic Sewers and dense maps are hard because I get blocked I guess

Thank you very much!
"
"
Astarift wrote:
"
Hey

Here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/h66JSzTV

I use flesh and stone and try to move but like Toxic Sewers and dense maps are hard because I get blocked I guess

Thank you very much!

First thing first, always go for a 4/5 passive medium cluster, for large cluster if you can afford getting 2 jewels + 8 passives are the best
You can save like 3 points here if you do get a 4/5 medium, 8 passive
If budget is an issue, go for the 4/5 medium first, it should not be expensive(pressure points/quick getaway)
Also looking at your current large cluster jewel, you are taking 1 extra point for a small node for no reason, you can save 1 point there and throw into life

I would say you are lacking lots of life on your gear, crafted life on multiple pieces of gear just dont make the cut for red tier maps content

In your current situation, ill try to roll more life on gear, then transit into the 2nd end game PoB, i do find that my survivability boosted up alot after getting acrobatics despite having less life, but you need to go close to 5.4k life if you were to transit into that version. I managed to level from 96-97 from simulacrums and juiced af t16s with just 2 deaths(1 from lag)

Honestly, i do avoid maps like toxic sewers, with delirium content its extremely unfriendly to any build that can tank everything in game, narrow hallways with nowhere to dodge + lots of explosionsdeaths = bad
Dense maps are fine, just no to narrow maps

Your gear are pretty close to mine, but tbh ill go for a higher life-d boots over the cooldown boots you have, it kinda hurts to have 15% movement speed over 30%
My Builds/Stream

Hey

I'm a big fan of the build. I'm currently min-maxing and was wondering how I should upgrade my helmet. Should I keep my starkojna's with additional bladefall volley or should I get another starkojna's with +1 max power charges instead?
"
Troll2828 wrote:
Hey

I'm a big fan of the build. I'm currently min-maxing and was wondering how I should upgrade my helmet. Should I keep my starkojna's with additional bladefall volley or should I get another starkojna's with +1 max power charges instead?

Get a warlord influenced helm with blade fall enchant

Craft it with +1 power charge and other decent stats, if there are resists, it probably frees up resist from other slot where you can change for better stats
My Builds/Stream

Why not use spell slinger? I'm sure you can get better stats out of your weapon slots that way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info