[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Viktranka wrote:
I'm not gonna say who's right who's wrong because I think both guides are good and authors put a lot of work into them. Just
I agree here, and I am not going to put down any other Author or build, however I do need to step in and say from my perspective what I think
"
Kovenary wrote:
life version that had no real issues with damage or surviving in juiced up t16 maps, sirus, and simulacrum, but on the lowlife build I'm having a tough time surviving even in medium-tier red maps
Hi, this may sound harsh as well, but I just pulled up your character.

You only have 24% Chaos Resistance. I suggest multiple times in the build to cap your resist to not feel squishy, why have you not gotten this to 75%?

You also only have an Essence Drain Level 20 Gem, as well as an Empower level 2. I thought I said somewhere here to get a Level 21 as soon as possible.

Where can I add this if I did not already?

Also an Empower 3 would help a bit!
You can remove the Spreading Rot Jewel, as you have Wither totems.

You have a Presence of Chayula, you should switch your Ascendancy "Escape Artist" for "Swift Killer."

You aren't getting frozen more because you have low life, that is not possible.
The only thing that being low life does, is makes us easier to be stunned (stun is based on life threshold) however, we have Presence of Chayula, so we are completely immune to being stunned.

I may respond in depth tomorrow to Viktanka's other commment, but I am too tired right now to even think about it.
Last edited by Havoc209 on Jun 28, 2020, 12:18:55 PM
@Havoc209

No, you're not being harsh. Thanks for taking the time to write back with suggestions. My feedback had more to do with the overall experience of pushing towards endgame content and was never about the quality of the build. I'm sorry for blasting the thread with my frustration that you didn't need to hear.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought freeze duration should also based on the life threshold though: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Freeze

Not necessarily getting frozen more but being perma-frozen due to the extended duration, you're more likely to not avoid the next hit and get frozen again.

Yes, 21 ED will be coming as soon as I can get it with a new bow with support gem craft and lv4 empower later on. I understand this part - had the same bow setup last league, just need more time to build up the currency to get the craft. I didn't have anything negative to say about the damage of the build. I'm sure things will change for the better once I have the complete bow setup so that I can kill everything before they hit me or maybe I do so much dmg that it leeches over the dmg I'm taking?

Regarding everything else, noted. I can't say everything that's been killing me is all chaos damage (I've been dying a lot) or maybe they are... who knows. My most recent deaths are due to being freeze-locked from having no flask charges, so maybe the only answer is to actually kill faster?
REALLY!!? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by Kovenary on Jun 28, 2020, 7:44:49 PM
So at the start of Act 6 i changed to Spellslinger to try the leveling and i instantly sped up my lvling compared to leveling with Bane even through i had to buy the gems and some of them i had to buy from act 6 vendor so they was lvl 1 im now in act 9 and i love lvling with it!:D
I did throw Blight on a spell totem since i had the sockets and it made it feel better for me.
Hey man, loving the build so far! Great job. Currently farming on like T10ish. Im just wondering what items I should change first. Im not rich yet (only 110c left). What do u think I should focus on? Thanks in advance man :)

Last edited by Braakje on Jun 28, 2020, 7:09:44 PM
"
Kovenary wrote:
My most recent deaths are due to being freeze-locked from having no flask charges, so maybe the only answer is to actually kill faster?

Finally crafted the bow and it's doing much better. Definitely feeling like I need fewer layers of defense if I can just kill faster. Still possible to die if I'm not careful but I suppose I shouldn't expect to facetank everything if I want to be doing more damage. Looking back, my comment about "defense severely lacking in this build" was a bit short-sighted and untrue. But I will say that life build seems to be easier to play overall and if you want a more smooth and steady progression.

REALLY!!? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by Kovenary on Jun 28, 2020, 6:47:09 PM
"
Kovenary wrote:
Definitely feeling like I need fewer layers of defense if I can just kill faster.
The more damage you do, the more you get healed from ED, because it's % of its damage. You should probably save for lvl 21 ED gem and lvl 3+ empower, these should buff the damage further.
"
Viktranka wrote:
The more damage you do, the more you get healed from ED, because it's % of its damage. You should probably save for lvl 21 ED gem and lvl 3+ empower, these should buff the damage further.

Right but there comes a certain point where mobs attack so fast that you die before you can even contagion ed it feels like. I'm looking at any ranged spitter dudes and vaal architects (this one probably has more to do with my lack of chaos res)
REALLY!!? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by Kovenary on Jun 29, 2020, 6:59:26 AM
"
Kovenary wrote:
I'm looking at any ranged spitter dudes and vaal architects (this one probably has more to do with my lack of chaos res)
Yes, the incursion and hunter mobs do partial chaos damage so low chaos res might get you 1-shot.

In some cases with ranged mobs (like abominations in piety maps) it's possible to sometimes bait them to start attacking and side step the attack as it will fire where you stood before (won't change direction) and then cast your stuff. This is not always possible, narrow corridor maps won't let you and incursions if you land inside surrounded it's very hard to do anything, the moment grace period drops from movement they'll all fire at you.
"
Kovenary wrote:
It's fine, I was just a little irritated because people tell me the build is squishy but they don't bother to cap chaos resist, I do understand the build is running a Shav's, but a LOT of monsters, ESPECAILLY the Metamorph & Delirium monsters deal a LOTTT of CHAOS damage.
Imagine if you had 7000 Health but -35% Fire resist, you would die from the slightest fire attack, and people would complain "This build sucks"

No, I think that the freezing thing is only for monsters.

You are right, being frozen is EXTREMELY annoying, and if we don't get Essence Drain off, and are frozen, we are most likely dead.. I died yesterday doing uber lab to a dumb freeze trap that had like 1 hp and i was a little annoyed.

There is an immune to freeze / 20% movement speed boots enchant that I recommend getting, but it will be expensive

21 ED is actually more important than the bow early on to be honest, as well as an Empower 3.
This will increase your damage, thus making you a bit tankier from just being able to run past leeching everything faster.

I recommend trying to cap your chaos resistance, I will be switching to low life tomorrow as well!!
https://clips.twitch.tv/FamousSilkyRutabagaChefFrank
I got a crazy jewel change from the Harvest craft!
"
So at the start of Act 6 i changed to Spellslinger to try the leveling and i instantly sped up my lvling compared to leveling with Bane even through i had to buy the gems and some of them i had to buy from act 6 vendor so they was lvl 1 im now in act 9 and i love lvling with it!:D
I did throw Blight on a spell totem since i had the sockets and it made it feel better for me.
Really ??
Wow okay, I am going to test out Spellslinger leveling a little bit later, hopefully very soon on this league I was just trying to finish switching over to low life.
I also will be making a video on it, I believe the new best way to level is Spellslinger, unless they nerf it, or unless I am wrong.

Thank you for the feedback!
"
Braakje wrote:
Hey man, loving the build so far! Great job. Currently farming on like T10ish. Im just wondering what items I should change first. Im not rich yet (only 110c left). What do u think I should focus on? Thanks in advance man :)
Hi! Thank you!

I believe you should buy a bow here: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/lpDMq8pFV (30-40 chaos at the time of me posting this), maybe 45-50 chaos, and make sure it has an open PREFIX.
Find someone trusted from here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/1566 (Trusted means they have a lot of vouches in the post replies of the forum) - and have them craft you 36-40% Chaos DOT

Next you need to buy an Essence Drain level 21 (55-65 Chaos) , and an Empower level 3 (50-60 Chaos)
You will also need the Soul Strike Quiver since you are getting a bow.
Change the colors of the bow and socket all these gems in the bow.
Next you can buy a high Energy Shield body armor (300-400) and replace your chest with a 5 link blue and socket Contagion in there.

If you have any questions I will be streaming tomorrow night (I think it's tonight... my hours are messed up, in at least 15 hours or so) and I can help you out

This is probably all your chaos here, but it will definitely give you the biggest damage upgrades possible!
Last edited by Havoc209 on Jun 29, 2020, 8:42:32 AM
im on act 4, beast area, and im getting completely deleted by everything. im running dual wands with a tab, goldrim, and wanderlust, everything slotted correctlu as per POB.

All gems are level 1 also as per POB. the damage i am doing is definately not high at all. its taking about 1 second for each mob to die, and bossing is very very very not great.

Gear below:

Last edited by Xentrox on Jun 29, 2020, 12:17:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info