[3.10] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Full Simulacrum Clear)

Currently lvl 81 HC with this build. 4.6k life 2.6k mana. The damage is great so far and not even maxed build. The big gripe seems to be survivability. CWDT with steelskin and enfeeble feels good. I also linked Zombie with life/meat shield/multistrike. Weird add but it feels good for HC as an added defensive layer. Getting one-shot with this build seems inevitable but I am having fun with it so far. Already making a backup character 0.o I plan on stacking life/mana the rest of the way until RIP.
Hi. I am using a modified version of this build and it's pretty decent. Cleared simulacrum deathless with it. Also it is possible to run rare t16 maps with 5 delirium orbs on it, but it takes a lot of time, though when I first ran white t16 with 5 mods I got ex drop on delirium lvl 3 so it may be worth it. The secret to this build survivability is this:
DECOY TOTEM
Supported by multiple totems so it wouldn't add to attack totems limit.
Seriously, it's awesome. All delirium mobs and bosses(simulacrum included) can be taunted. After that you just have to circle around spamming flame totems and buffs.

Next, I use flame dash supported by arcane surge and archmage. Archmage is super cool for us because it makes flame dash use 300+ mana per use(and I regen 400+). That allows us to level arcane surge up to lvl 18 and with tree bonuses it gets even better. For even more damage boost use a self-cast channeling spell with Infused channeling support, which gives a 10% more phys/fire damage when infusion is active on you. Can be useful to add some extra DPS when the target is too fat. Unfortunately there's no phys+fire self-cast skills, so we can't double dip like with Divine Ire totems.

Also, everyone forgot that holy flame totem has base physical damage and is a physical gem, so elder items like helmets and wands that add flat phys damage to spells, abyss jewels with phys damage to spells and +1 phys skill on wands buff DPS greatly, but also could be much cheaper to buy.
And don't forget new cluster jewels with super awesome passive Corrosive elements. It automatically applies fire exposure(though I don't know what percentage, but this saves a wave of conviction totem slot).
Vaal molten shell + Granite flask is your best friend. And so is Diamond flask with crafted crit chance.

Finally, I don't use elemental focus because then totems can't ignite and we lose -20% resists debuff from combustion support. I use awakened added fire damage which is DIRTY cheap, gives more DPS than elemental focus and at lvl5 has a juicy +1 supported fire gems!

PS, +4 gem Skin of the Loyal - I'll just leave it here.
Last edited by alex_disp on Mar 24, 2020, 4:56:22 AM
Are Cold Iron Points daggers good for this build ? Or are they less interesting that medium/good wands ?
how do you have a rare crimson jewel thats give you herald buffs? (in POB)
"
thomzon wrote:
Are Cold Iron Points daggers good for this build ? Or are they less interesting that medium/good wands ?

If you want a 0 damage troll build - of course. Totems are not minions. How do you think Avatar of Fire works with "Deal no elemental damage"?
Haha sorry my question was so dumb, did not think about that, only thought "oh my HF totems have the physical tag".
Hey hey

Thank you for the guide, loving it so far.

Just one question, the +1 totem on the shield can you just get that from spamming alterations on it?
"
vyperone wrote:
Hey hey

Thank you for the guide, loving it so far.

Just one question, the +1 totem on the shield can you just get that from spamming alterations on it?

Yep, I think that is how most of them are made unless they drop naturally.

Just need to ensure it is an iLvl 70 (or higher) Shaper base.
That is how i made my current one, but working a second one with better secondary stats.

Hummmm I like what I got so far in my last roll, but I wish there was +1 totem as well.

I've been using this build for Delirium and it's been fantastic! I love totem builds, and I really like that this one is super effective without the usual Soul Mantle/Kikazaru gearing. Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info