[3.11] Terminus Est Impale Cyclone Berserker | League Starter | All Content | Insane DPS |

Welcome, This is the first guide I have ever made, and I hope you'll enjoy it.

This build can be a nice league starter, as it require very little investment to get going, but also require very high budget to min-max. But do not worry, as you can kill shaper and elder (and their guardians) with minimum investment.

Please read the 3.11 Build Update after Pros and Cons.

Pros and Cons

+ Can be a leaguestarter
+ Very cheap to get going
+ Can easily handle most map mods except for no leech, reduced recovery and physical reflect.
+ Good mapper
+ Good boss killer
+ Can do most endgame content
+ No gemswap or gearswap. what you wear is what you play
+ Great leech

- Cannot do no leech and physical reflect map mods.
- On high tier maps, reduced recovery map mods can be deadly.
- Kaom's Heart is not an option since the build uses every socket.
- Vaal Pact (some might consider it a negative)

Build Updates

I'm not sure how am I supposed to update my build with this info so I'll keep it here and prompt to read the build update:

There are 2 changes to take notes of,
1. Cyclone no longer has stun immunity
2. Skill tree and unique changes resulting in less DPS

The DPS reduction shouldn't affect the build too much, but the main issue will be the loss of stun immunity, if you are min-maxing it means you are using Blitz instead of Rite of Ruin and Berserk CWDT, this will now result in losing your stun immunity and it might be problematic.
If stun is becoming a problem, simply remove Berserk CWDT and change the ascendancy back (Blitz to Rite of Ruin) and keep a high level self-cast Berserk for burst damage situations (like boss fights)
You can also try replacing Abyssus with any rare helmet, but it will result in a massive DPS loss.

In either cases use 1 point to take "Call to Arms" on the skill tree and spam Enduring Cry to gain Endurance Charges with increased effect, and the second socket to move Ice Golem into, and use Blind Support with the ancestral totems. I have updated PoB with the tree and gem changes for the min-maxed version.

Tempered Flesh no longer gives Critical Strike Multiplier, so it is removed from the build. Instead, use a rare jewel OR Look for Transcendent Flesh but this will go off the budget (and of course you need it if you min-max)

Equipment

Weapons
Weapon of choice is Terminus Est, it is very cheap and will benefit the build in multiple ways. Starforge can also be used, but will costs much more. Personally I prefer using Terminus Est. (Ignore the socketed gems)

Armor
You can use rare armour for every slot, however I prefer the AOE and damage increase from Carcass Jack, and also I love DPS so I play with Abyssus.
BUT you do not have to use them! you can use rares as well, However if you decide to use rare helmet and/or chest, your AOE and mostly DPS will drastically decrease, so keep that in mind.
Your goal is to cap your Elemental Resistances with your rare gear, and also have a T1 or T2 life roll. Some more chaos resistance and armor can also be nice but is not required.(Ignore the socketed gems)

Accessories

The build uses 1 Unique accessory, Praxis Paua Ring. It must have -8 to total mana cost of skills.
For the other ring, It needs to have a Shaper base and have the following mods: "Curse Enemies with Level 8/12 Assassin's Mark on Hit" and "+# to Maximum Life".
Your belt should be a Stygian Vise and grant as much resistances and life as possible. For the abyssal jewel modifiers, look for "+# to Maximum Life" and "+9-12% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier".
The build's amulet require at least 26 Intelligence (Does not matter how you obtain it) and look for the following modifiers: "+# to Maximum Life", "+#% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier", "Adds # to # Physical Damage to Attacks".
Annoint your amulet with 1 Black oil + 2 Silver oils to allocate: "Discipline and Training".

Jewels

The build has 3 jewel slots. 1 is a rare, and 2 uniques (until you get the 2 uniques you can use 2 rares instead)
Look for these 2 stats on your rare jewel: "#% increased maximum Life" "#% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier"
The 2 Unique jewels we are using are Transcendent Flesh Crimson Jewel, and Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel. Look for any cheap mod that buffs you. (Through Pride or Precision)

Flasks

The build uses the following flasks setup:

It does not matter on which flask you get Freeze Immunity and Bleed Immunity, but you must have them both

Gems

Having a 6-link is very important DPS-wise. so until you can buy a 6-linked Terminus Est, you should use Tabula Rasa. If you really need to switch Tabula, get The Jeweller's Touch Prophecy for a 5-link.
Skillgem links:

Cyclone => Impale => Pulverise => Fortify => Infused Channeling => Brutality
Leap Slam => Faster Attacks => Endurance Charge on Melee Stun (not required)
Precision lvl.1
Cast When Damge Taken lvl.12 => Immortal Call lvl.14 20%
Pride => Dread Banner => Blood and Sand => Flesh and Stone
Ancestral Protector => Ancestral Warchief => Multiple Totems => Summon Ice Golem
Blood Rage (Extra DPS but active degen. I personally don't use it) => Berserk

You'll notice we have 2 extra sockets. We do not require them right now, but we will require them in the Min-Maxed build.

Skill Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.9.0/AAAABAECABRNAed673asG6r8S-oQG_oYkWhl028__CGQNZKPYP6PBS2E7z38l3kl34MuCLHG2LXyeHrBB04qhmCYbyPTX9AaVTpSUWOMz-Hvkn3scTsUXz-pJ8VTOuEx--8O3IwUIKdtvJ_HGaZX-F_3MlBH0Czg2IWPDjx_4xRxvqfawXTt2L1Hfp-JWGOplKlu_gqTD_ZIhNn46-oYz34FPC5TmmoJlr02LbQqOMEE3DJhISPqeWjz3Uh4iO3lz287ZU3Xftwj5FE5DuhmTP826HgN-LmCB0Zp-hhhUsAamFdDMdl8TeOXCIdq7nryRWMXWK-kGQ==

Path of Building

https://pastebin.com/iev1xJZJ

Bandits

Help Alira.

Ascendency

First go for Aspect of the Carnage.
Second go for Flawless Savagery.
Third go for Crave the Slaughter.
Fourth go for Rite of Ruin.

Pantheon

Major God = Soul of Lunaris.
Minor God = Soul of Ralakesh. This will help us with Blood Rage and Bleedings, and when upgraded also give us immunity to Main (30% Reduced Movement Speed) and Blind (50% Less Chance to Hit)
For Minor God, you can also choose Soul of Gruthkul.
Don't forget to fully upgrade them.

Mitigations

We currently have 2 sources of Increased Damage Taken, and 3 Sources of Less Damage Taken:
1. +10% Increased Damage Taken from Aspect of the Carnage
2. +40-50% Increased Physical Damage Taken from Abyssus

1. 24% Less Damage Taken From Hits from Fortify
2. 8% Less Physical Damage Taken From Hits from Infused Channeling
3. 31% (Elemental) and 32% (Physical) Less Damage Taken from Immortal Call CWDT
4 (While bossing with Berserk Active). 19% Less Damage Taken
This setup allow us to survive through the high amount of damage taken. It does not make us a tank, but we are not as squishy as you might think.

Levelng Guide (Gem Progression)

In this section I will explain how you should level as if you have no gear (League starting)
If you have leveling gear, you can play differently if you already have a plan.
I will include the gem progression step by step
* = Ignore if not using Impale from level 31

0. Grab from a vendor 2-Handed Axe or Dual Wield two 1-Handed Axes (replace every 10 levels or so, use essences if you come across them for a free upgrade to rare or use vendor recipe for +40-69% Increased Physical Damage (Local) if you do not have it on your weapon).
1. Get the following gem links: Ground Slam + Onslaught Support (+ Ruthless / Added Fire Damage if 3 linked)
2. Get the following gems: Ancestral Protector (lvl.4), War Banner (lvl.4), Precision (lvl.10) (keep Precision at level 1)
3. Get the following herald gems: Herald of Purity (lvl.16), Herald of Ash (lvl.16).
4. Get the following gem links: Sunder (lvl.12) + Faster Attacks (lvl.18) + Melee Physical Damage (lvl.18)
*5. Replace War banner to Dread Banner (level 31)
6. Get the following gem links: Sunder + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Impale (lvl.31) or Added Fire Damage
7. Get the following gem: Summon Ice Golem (lvl.34)
8. Get the following gem links: Sunder + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Impale or Multistrike (lvl.38)
8.5 If you have / can get 3 linked red sockets, use both totems for even more DPS: Ancestral Protector => Ancestral Warchief => Multiple Totems Support
9. Use the current setup until you can buy a Terminus Est Tiger Sword (lvl.51).
10. Replace to main build and profit $$$ (can also use Flicker Strike with Blood Rage until after Blood Aqueducts, Setup: Flicker Strike => Melee Splash => Multistrike => Melee Physical Damage)

Equipment

Weapons
Spoiler
We now require a Vaal Implict on our weapon: "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 10 Fortify", This will Increase our Cyclone mana cost. Linking it will take a few exalts for buying Fusings & Vaal orbs.

Armor
Spoiler
We are now switching our rare gloves to Shaper's Touch with the Vaal Implict: "+1 to Maximum Frenzy Charges" for much needed Accuracy Rating, and some Increased Melee Physical Damage.

For the Helmet, you have 2 options.
1. Get Vaal Implict: "Socketed Skill Gems Get A 90% Mana Multiplier" to reduce our reserved mana, and use the extra mana to allow a higher level Precision gem. The reason is that we can save 6 points on our tree (5 below the +1 maximum frenzy charge, and 1 that is the +30 dexterity node) and use them for Maximum Life instead of more accuracy.
2. Get the Enchantment: "Berserk has 30% Increased Buff Effect"
I recommand using the second option if possible.

This is how we cap our Elemental Resistances:
+ 15% From Bandits
+ 9-12% From Carcass Jack
+ 55-58% From Stygian Vise
+ 40-48% From Boots (Dont forget to also get atleast 30% movement speed)
+ 13-16% From Skill Tree
If you still need some more (For example, I needed atleast +8% Lightning resistance to cap because of my current gear) Get it on your rare jewel.

Accessories
Spoiler
We are also switching our rare ring for Full DPS ring. We also Require 1 open prefix on the ring or amulet to craft -3 to mana cost of channeling skills. I will add below a Ring Crafting section from more details.
Stack as much Dexterity on your amulet as possible. Buy a new one if needed. Make sure your base amulet is "Turquoise Amulet" or you will have to take the +30 Intelligence node on the Skill Tree.

Jewels

At this point we need to switch both our Rare and Watcher's Eye jewels to better versions, and get double Critical Strike Multiplier mods on our Rare jewel unless you require an Elemental Resistance mod ("#% increased maximum Life" "#% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Two Handed Melee Weapons" + "#% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier" / "#% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier"
For Transendent Flesh Crimson Jewel, if you can get the vaal implict "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you" you can replace your life flask with Cinderswallow Urn Silver Flask and have Freeze Immunity on your Diamond Flask.
We are also switching whatever Watcher's Eye jewel you have. We are looking for this specific mod: "Impales you inflict last 2 additional Hits while using Pride".

Flasks

The build uses the following flasks setup:

You can replace the Quicksilver Flask with Cinderswallow Urn Silver Flask when bossing for more DPS (for example, when you are going to fight shaper)
You should replace Lion's Roar for a Silver Flask with curse immunity while mapping.

Gems

We are changing 2 gems on our main skill and adding 2 more gems to the empty sockets.
Skillgem links:

Cyclone => Impale => Pulverise => Awakened Melee Physical Damage => Infused Channeling => Awakened Brutality
Leap Slam => Faster Attacks => Endurance Charge on Melee Stun
Precision lvl.1
Cast When Damge Taken lvl.12 => Immortal Call lvl.14 20%
Pride => Dread Banner => Blood and Sand => Flesh and Stone
Ancestral Protector => Ancestral Warchief => Multiple Totems => Summon Ice Golem
Blood Rage (Extra DPS but active degen. I personally don't use it) => Berserk
Cast When Damage Taken lvl.21 => Berserk lvl.21

Skill Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.9.0/AAAABAECAAHnGJFoZbXyP_yPYAUtc754ejrhYVKGYJhvI9MaVYIH4e8RGl8_qSfFUwmWvJ826PhfdO2Fj-oQvqfQLJMP6hhzay5TKjgttEh4iO1vO9d-5FHoZvi5-himV03jJd8hYPJFpBnAGhuqG_o5DtNvNZL-j307l3kIscEHQzE6UnIBvTbls_PdjM_vDhQg7HHYvWMXk6h2rA48FHHawb8IWGOplP4K3COHamVNBTzuepcImmrG2PjrmFdRY8EE3DJhISPqkn1QRzH7n4nlz9yMV1R5aFoaz36E2ccZTP9HfngNf-MshYMuhO_vTjsUX9DDM9l8hylOKj389zIhkPZIWK-pbg==

Path of Building

https://pastebin.com/19c6f1Uq

Ascendency

Change Rite of Ruin to Blitz

Mitigations

We currently have 2 sources of Increased Damage Taken, and 4 Sources of Less Damage Taken:
1. +10% Increased Damage Taken from Aspect of the Carnage
2. +40-50% Increased Physical Damage Taken from Abyssus

1. 24% Less Damage Taken From Hits from Fortify
2. 8% Less Physical Damage Taken From Hits from Infused Channeling
3. 31% (Elemental) and 32% (Physical) Less Damage Taken from Immortal Call CWDT
4.. 20% Less Damage Taken from Berserk CWDT
This setup allow us to survive through the high amount of damage taken. It does not make us a tank, but we are not as squishy as you might think, also Berserk CWDT will allow us to clear faster and have an extra layer of mitigation as Berserk will activate frequently.

Ring Crafting

In here I will explain how to craft our DPS ring with steps.

1. Buy Shaper-Influenced Steel Ring
2. You must use Abrasive Catalysts to enhance the "Attack" modifiers. This will not only Improve your Implict added damage, but also give more weight to Attack modifiers when we use our Awakener Orb.
3. Spam with Orb of Alternation until you hit the mod: "Curse Enemies with Level 12 Assassin's Mark on Hit"
4. If no other Shaper-influenced mod exists, use Regal Orb. If the only Shaper-influence mod is our curse, go to the next step, if you got another Shaper-influence mod, you need to use Orb of Scouring and redo step 3.
5. Buy any Warlord-Influenced ring with Item level of 80+
6. Spam with Orb of Alternation until you hit the mod: "+20-22% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier"
7. If no other Warlord-influenced mod exists, use Regal Orb. If the only Warlord-influence mod is our multiplier, go to the next step, if you got another Warlord-influence mod, you need to use Orb of Scouring and redo step 6.
8. Buy an Awakener Orb.
9. Use the Awakener Orb in the following order: Sacrificed ring (Warlords) - Target Ring (Shaper)
This is how it should look like:

Hope the random mods are Life or DPS based, with open Prefix and Congratz! (otherwise you'll have to annul and hope to hit 1 of the 2 random Prefixes to open a Prefix slot for our ring craft. You can exalt after you crafted a Prefix or if you got bad mods and you're brave enough (and have currency to make it again if you fail) you can try to annul for 1 open Suffix and 2 open Prefixes for multicraft (for an additional DPS / Life mod)
Now for the veiled mod: "Channelling Skills have -3 to Total mana cost"
This is a Prefix and can be obtained by unveiling Elreon's Veiled rings and amulets.

Q&A

Questions asked in the comment section will be added here with my answer.

Friendly build for beginners? Will there be a phased development of the tree?
Not so much. The thing is, this build require very low budget to function early on, but in order to truly maximize its potential you'll need to spend many exalts. this is something I don't expect a beginner to be able to get quickly.

It can be a league starter, but you'll need to know how to make your currency so you can upgrade the build until its finished.

I will only be changing the Skill Tree when a new update to the tree arrives.

I don't have enough mana to summon a golem

Disable your banner, summon golem and then activate the banner.

Should I take blitz and rite of the ruin together and remove aspect of the carnage?

No.
Blitz is useless if not using the min-maxed build.
Rite of Ruin is useless when using the min-maxed build.

If you're not using the min-maxed build you lack the crit chance to consistently crit with Blitz.
If you're using the min-maxed build you are using Berserk CWDT which means you are losing rage consistently.

When do I use Berserk?

Whenever available while bossing.

If not bossing:
Low Budget Build: Dont use Berserk while mapping so you can get the full Rage buff.
Min Maxed Build: Berserk will activate frequently while mapping from CWDT, you dont need manually activate it while mapping

What cluster jewels would you recommend?

After experimenting with the Cluster Jewels, I've concluded that it is not recommended to use Cluster Jewels before reaching level 90. this will do more harm then help to the build as you cannot increase 1 stat without reducing another.
Once you are level 90 the last 10 points you should be missing are the Accuracy and Crit nodes below the +1 to Maximum Frenzy Charges, and the Leech nodes next to the Fortify nodes, other then that also remove "+1 to Maximum Frenzy Charges" (2 points) and "10% increased Maximum Life" (2 points) next to the "+1% to all maximum elemental resistances" I wouldn't recommend removing anything else. this will remove a total of 14 points which is exactly what you should need for the cluster jewels.

+ means something you should focus on having in your jewel.

Jewel socket (3 points)

Large: 12% increased Damage with Two Handed Weapons
+Deep Cuts (3 points) 3+3=6
+Jewel Socket (2 points) 6+2=8

Medium: Channelling Skills deal 12% increased Damage
+Enduring Focus (1 point) 8+1=9
+Rapid Infusion (1 point) 9+1=10
Precise Focus (1 point)
+Jewel Socket (2 points) 10+2=12

Small: 4% increased maximum Life
+Fettle (2 points) 12+2=14

Do you have a priority list for the min max version?

Priority list:

1. Corrupted weapon
2. Amulet, Boots, Belt and Gloves
3. Bottled Faith
4. Double influence Steel Ring with Elreon craft and Ascendency change (at this point also start using Berserk CWDT)
5. Watcher's Eye, Awakened Gems and Helmet labyrinth enchantment.

HAVE FUN!
Last edited by BigBlackCookie on Jun 18, 2020, 11:24:16 PM
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2021, 5:07:13 AM
hihi, is it viable for leaguestart 3.10?
Yes, it is viable for leguestart 3.10, but after testing this in a leaguestarter enviroment there are a few things you should know:

1. It require multiple uniques to function properly (terminus and abyssus are mandatory, praxis if you use pride instead of herald of purity)
2. You'll be a bit vulnerble to physical and chaos damage if you don't have chaos resist and good life rolls. mitigations and leech cant help much if you're running around with 3000 HP
3. uberlab can be annoying without capped resists and good life rolls, izaro could 1 shot you.

these are the things I encountered while making a new character and leveling /mapping with him using only 2 uniques (terminus and tabula) and later on adding the other uniques.

other then that its viable, leveling can be a bit slow since its melee but once you get the mandatory items you'll have no issues on low tier/yellow tier maps until you start upgrading your gear.
Last edited by BigBlackCookie on Mar 13, 2020, 12:41:09 PM
Дружелюбен билд к новичкам? Будет поэтапное развитие дерева? Спасибо))
Not so much. The thing is, this build require very low budget to function early on, but in order to truly maximize its potential you'll need to spend many exalts. this is something I don't expect a beginner to be able to get quickly.

It can be a league starter, but you'll need to know how to make your currency so you can upgrade the build until its finished.

I will only be changing the Skill Tree when a new update to the tree arrives.
Can post a leveling passive tree?
use this code in PoB and look bottom left, next to the import / export tree there you'll see a small window saying "level 91"
click it and you can switch between level 50 - 70 - 91 to get a general idea of how to progress your tree
https://pastebin.com/f08CSzni
Man update pob on 3.10 and not have ideas with new gems ? Peace
First league on meele =p
"
use this code in PoB and look bottom left, next to the import / export tree there you'll see a small window saying "level 91"
click it and you can switch between level 50 - 70 - 91 to get a general idea of how to progress your tree
https://pastebin.com/f08CSzni

not enough mana to summon a Golem =/
Disable your banner so you can summon the golem, then activae your banner.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info